The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:42 pm

coffeeguy9
Board Moderator

Postby coffeeguy9 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:07 am

lolwut?
Read the Rules and use common sense, please.
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:57 pm

coffeeguy9 wrote:lolwut?

Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
EPAF

Postby EPAF » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:04 pm

^ WTF?! :?

THAT reminds me of those very wierd Fruit Pastles adverts from a few years ago: :lol:
"Whatever you do......DON'T CHEW!!!"
crazyQH wrote:Ok EPAF, I'm officially granting you the title of having the best dream ever.
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:08 pm

EPAF wrote:^ WTF?! :?

XD It's the greatest thing I've ever seen.

Link to actual piece of art
EPAF

Postby EPAF » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:10 pm

Jay C wrote:
EPAF wrote:^ WTF?! :?

XD It's the greatest thing I've ever seen.

Link to actual piece of art

Salvador Dali, eat yer' freaky-dreamy-headed heart out!
crazyQH wrote:Ok EPAF, I'm officially granting you the title of having the best dream ever.
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:13 pm

Man, I thought I was the only one who done that! :lol:

I- I mean... not like I play flash games which involve dressing up girls or nothing. I j- just...

Anyway, I've been watching a lot of that special 'Press the red button' feature on the BBC channels which has a few big bands playing songs from 'Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band'. It's pretty awesome hearing Kaiser Chiefs playing 'Getting Better'.
StanismyMan

Postby StanismyMan » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:17 pm

Ohhh, that's a pear? I thought it was a lima bean.

I read a book about this kid who didn't want to eat his lima beans and he dreamt that the lima bean lived under his bed and ate him. He had a mouth like that. :?
Athena1999 wrote:Camels
EPAF

Postby EPAF » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:21 pm

Jay C wrote:Anyway, I've been watching a lot of that special 'Press the red button' feature on the BBC channels which has a few big bands playing songs from 'Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band'. It's pretty awesome hearing Kaiser Chiefs playing 'Getting Better'.

I was reading an article in Q the other day in which loads of Indie singers and performers from the past and present were discussing how each individual track from both sides of that LP inspired them and what they liked about it. It was nice to see people like Bono (U2), Matthew Bellamy (Muse) & Gary Lightbody (Snow Patrol) talking about what they liked about certain songs on 'Sgt. Pepper...'

-

Anyway, RFAM: I found myself trying not 1, but 2 different kinds of drink today. I went into a Starbucks and bought myself a Cappucino whilst reading a good ole' art book and just now, since it's friggin' hot today, I decided to try one of those really big tall-glass fresh chilled orange smoothies. Mmmmmmmm.........:lol:

As well as that, I bought myself an eesel with all that necessary professional equipment of wodden one-hole palletes, brushes, paints and canvases. I've been REALLY REALLY wanting to do some actual painting and drawing for quite a while and it's only a matter of hours before I get the final BUZZ to actually start making something. :D
EPAF

Postby EPAF » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:27 pm

StanismyMan wrote:I read a book about this kid who didn't want to eat his lima beans and he dreamt that the lima bean lived under his bed and ate him. He had a mouth like that. :?

That's something that's really confused over the years. If you don't wanna eat lima beans, why the hell would you dream about a giant lima bean eating and killing you?! :?
Surely, if you didn't kill all those tens of tens of a certain vegetable by eating them, that giant Emperor of whatever vegetable would want to thank you for not causing his species to fall near the extinction level, not kill you.......SURELY.
StanismyMan

Postby StanismyMan » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:31 pm

I read it when I was 6, and it kind of scared all of my friends, but I thought it was pretty funny. I don't like lima beans, but come on now. Would a lima bean really hurt you? That kid had issues.

Throw him in the cuckoo hut. :o
Athena1999 wrote:Camels
Sizzling Lynn

Postby Sizzling Lynn » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:39 pm

For some reason when I'm online I say "JK" rather than "just kidding". I guess it's an old MSN habit.
Sizzling Lynn

Postby Sizzling Lynn » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:52 pm

That story reminds me of another story I read in grade two or three. This girl was very picky and if she didn't eat a certain gross dish her mom made, it would grow and grow and the rest of the family would eat dessert without her. Her grandpa told her to just giver and eat the food without hesitation to stop it from growing. She listened to her grandpa and got to eat dessert with the rest of the family.

Kid's books can be weird sometimes.
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:05 pm

Sizzling Lynn wrote:That story reminds me of another story I read in grade two or three. This girl was very picky and if she didn't eat a certain gross dish her mom made, it would grow and grow and the rest of the family would eat dessert without her. Her grandpa told her to just giver and eat the food without hesitation to stop it from growing. She listened to her grandpa and got to eat dessert with the rest of the family.

Kid's books can be weird sometimes.

And that reminds me of a book I read when I was a kid called The Baked Bean Queen. A compelling and heart-wrenching story about a little girl who wouldn't eat anything but baked beans. Her mum tried to hide cut up bits of sausage or vegetables but she always found them. In the end it became a tale of betrayal from her mum who couldn't accept that her child would only eat baked beans. I think the mum got so frustrated that she killed her kid with a candlestick, buried her in the back garden and got MI5 to cover it up for the good of the food industry...
Email notifications do matter, people.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:13 pm

I made Linguine with meat sauce for lunch. The pasta was out of a box, but the sauce was all from scratch.

Return to “Hot Topics”