The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

Craig-and-Clyde

Postby Craig-and-Clyde » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:23 pm

EPAF wrote:Would that be an invisibility robe by any chance?
If so, I hope you're not planning anything sneaky and perverted. *gives James the half-evil-eye*

I am...
I don't think i'm very happy. I always fall asleep to the sound of my own screams. And then I always get woken up in the morning by the sound of my own screams. Do you think i'm unhappy?
FreedomFighterXL

Postby FreedomFighterXL » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:29 am

Holy cow, this really is a random thread. :shock:

But anyway, I just hate it when an internet connection fails for a few weeks. When mine got fixed though, I was glad that it was back up at full 1.3mb speed. A short while later, it always slows down to about half the speed of dial-up (27k).

I wanted so badly to switch my ISP, or fix the one I've got, but HSXL actually gave me the solution in an email (which I had to read at school). The solution is quite simple.

All you really have to do is unplug the net connection cord and put it back in again. What a concept. :D
T&Paresweetsupersweet

Postby T&Paresweetsupersweet » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:45 am

Same happened here with Google and DA, I thought it was just my computer though, I am on a Windows 95....and dial-up. Enough about computers, it's time to share a tidbit of information that I learned today... Everybody know the myth that turkeys will drown in a rainstorm because they're too stupid to close their mouth? Well, it's true, I found out first hand.
First sig made w/ pirated Photoshop. Yay piracy!
Good at Photoshop or GIMP? Click Here!
swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:03 am

I edit wikipedia.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:24 am

I got upholstery cleaning foam in my eye. Son of a bitch stings man!
kimmyfouge6

Postby kimmyfouge6 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:12 am

swellman7 wrote:I edit wikipedia.

"I memorized Holy Grail really well, I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL..."

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :D
StanismyMan

Postby StanismyMan » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:04 pm

RFAM: I've actually watched Alice in Wonderland and read Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass so many times, anything that would confuse somebody else, I actually understand because you have to be confused to understand that whole book.

...Wait, I'm confused. EUREKA!

I'm gonna go play KH II now. :]
Athena1999 wrote:Camels
Craig-and-Clyde

Postby Craig-and-Clyde » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:08 pm

BRMBug wrote:I got upholstery cleaning foam in my eye. Son of a bitch stings man!

I demand to know the rest of this story! :o
I don't think i'm very happy. I always fall asleep to the sound of my own screams. And then I always get woken up in the morning by the sound of my own screams. Do you think i'm unhappy?
EPAF

Postby EPAF » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:53 pm

RFAM: I've been having a real good dig through my dad's ANCIENT old pile of gadgets and gizmos lately. He's not bothered about it all so I've decided to follow the trend and keep all the bloody stuff. I've now got three drawers and a side-table full of really old technology and retro gadgets - along with a muddled-up pile of ancient, old and new wires.

One of my retro prized posessions is an old 1995 Brick-sized Video Camera that even after 12 years, still has the ability to not only function properly, but it also surprises me at how bloody heavy it is. :roll:

Oooooo, me loves der' Retroness! :lol:
crazyQH wrote:Ok EPAF, I'm officially granting you the title of having the best dream ever.
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:17 pm

ohman, I just finished my science final a little more than an hour ago. Now I can be giddy that I'm done with bio and chemistry forever.

Except I f*cked up a question on the written response that was bio-related because I forgot was plasmolysis was ;__; And I'm freaking out over my mark going down drastically on that because I neeeed an AMAZING mark on this to try to get an 80-average in science 10 and--

/grade-anal
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:23 pm

I'm cleaning the carpeted floor mats from the bug for the trip to Roswell. I'm using Blue Coral, which is a foaming upholstery cleaner, and apparently I had some on my fingers when I was wiping sweat out of my eyes. (I'm so smart)
kimmyfouge6

Postby kimmyfouge6 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:42 pm

iceiwynd wrote:ohman, I just finished my science final a little more than an hour ago. Now I can be giddy that I'm done with bio and chemistry forever.

I hear you. Biology wasn't so bad, but I couldn't stand chemistry in high school. Thankfully, I wheedled my way out of taking physics since we had the option of taking earth science instead.

For now, I'm pretty much done with any real science classes, aside from some odd courses for area studies. There was a reason why I picked two majors that have nothing to do with math or science. :D
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:57 pm

I have a Sony Car Discman from about that time. It doesn't work on batteries anymore, but the display only lights when it's plugged in anyway.
Actually that's the second portable CD player I had. The first one was a factory refurbished Optimus one from Radio Shack that I got around... '92? They were having a big blow-out of stuff, and I... well rather my parents bought it for me for $40, and it was originally $120. It was one of those early ones without the skip protection, and it also took 6 AA batteries. :lol: I forget what stopped working on it, but I was floored when I got that new one, and it not only had ESP, Mega Bass, and a lit display, but only ran on 2 AAs, and had built in circuitry that could detect a rechargeable battery.
It's also the best sounding player of all the ones I've ever had.
JesusComplex

Postby JesusComplex » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:13 pm

I love the show 48 Hours: Mystery. Freaking awesome! It's kind of boring if you're not into that type of thing, I can admit it. I tend to like boring things. Documentaries on PBS...sign me up. I get hypnotized by those over zealous evangelicals on the 238572 Church channels I get in my room (don't even get me started on the Spanish church channels). I watched the entire two hours of a documentary over the Nazi war crimes trial on the History channel for no reason.

Oh and Pan's Labyrinth is amazing.

kimmyfouge6 wrote: I hear you. Biology wasn't so bad, but I couldn't stand chemistry in high school. Thankfully, I wheedled my way out of taking physics since we had the option of taking earth science instead.

See...I wish I could have had that option. I signed up for earth science but nobody else did so I was stuck taking Physics. Chemistry was not my friend either. I hated memorizing the Periodic Table of elements and all that crap. In retrospect, I kind of wish I had paid more attention, but Anatomy and Physiology was way more fun for me.
JesusComplex is a girl *rawr*
JesusComplex

Postby JesusComplex » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:23 pm

kimmyfouge6 wrote:
swellman7 wrote:I edit wikipedia.

"I memorized Holy Grail really well, I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL..."

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :D

haha! I love that song. In fact, I love that entire CD. If you thought South Park's satire of Trapped in the Closet was funny you should definitely hear Weird Al's version. It's great. Unless of course you already have it, in which case I'm speaking to the general public. :)
JesusComplex is a girl *rawr*

Return to “Hot Topics”