The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

SuperMaids

Postby SuperMaids » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:34 am

I absolutely *hated* the fact that in high-school Anatomy class we were required to dissect rats and sheep brains with no alternative option.

What alternative options do you suggest? I'm not trying to be provocative or trollish or anything, but how do you expect people to learn the basics (and the not-so-basics) of anatomy without disecting on animals?
Besides, it's not hurting the animals... assuming they were already dead that is
One thing you should know about me is that I'd never join PETA

Good to see you're at least partially sane!
One of my 'friends' from highschool was a member of PETA (and pretty much every other extremist group that doesn't help humans) and, when questioned as to why he opposed medical reserch on animals (which could save thousands of human lives each year) he said that human lives were meaningless and that every dead member of our 'obsolete' spieciese brought a smile to his face. I didn't talk to him much after that :?
So many poor and homeless people need help in the first world (not to mention the third), yet people only seem to care about the cute little doggie woggies and occasionly kids. If you want a hard task I suggest you try to find someone who gives a crap about all the mentally ill and abused adults out there
I plan on going vegan again when I go back to university

Try to get all the facts streight about the effects of farming on aniimals before you take that step; I've only known one vegan in my life and she was the most ill informed person I've ever met, coming up with horror stories about farmers sexually abusing their livestock whilst milking them and getting all pissy about people who take eggs from chickens and ruin the chick's mood without realising that these spieciese wouldn't even exist if we were all vegans and needed more land for crops.
Eventually the girl collapsed in the classroom from lack of nourishment and had to be taken away, reverting to vegitrianism when she returned.
She was all for forced euthenasia of old or ill humans by the way.
I've rambled on a bit too much, but this kind of thing really pisses me off! Maybee I shouldve put it in the 'things that Piss you off' thread :oops:

It's quite a bunch of Hell-raising pricks over on other forums, this place is really tame compared to the other forums I've been on...

That's what I say everytime someone has a tantrum about the number of trolls on this site. I seriously wonder if anyone here's ever seen another forum sometimes :roll:
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:52 am

Thats how I am. I also have strong oppinions on everything. And like EVERYONE, I think what I believe is right. But MOST the people I talk to about this crap agree with me, especialy my teachers. Everyone at my school knows how much I'm in to politics even though half of those retards don't even know the definition of politics. :lol:

I could go on and on about the following, but I just wont. I refuse to.

1. Gay Marrige (Support it, but to get my stance on the issue, ask later.)

2. Politics in general. (Meaning, elections, congress, etc...)

3. Immigration. (Let the ones here already stay {How are you going to get rid of 12 million people anyway?}, but require them to learn english. Then strengthen the border.)

4. I'm sure theres more........
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
SuperMaids

Postby SuperMaids » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:39 am

but require them to learn english

I hate to quote a man who might not have existed, but Josas was right when he said a divided house/nation can't stand. And how can a country, like America, not be divided if half the people in it can't even comunicate with the other half!?
There needs to be a single language for there to be a single nation, otherwise the country should just be spilt up like it was in the good o'l days, with the spanish speaking south going to Mexico and then English north ending up in Canada.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:48 am

Just for the hell of it, tommorow in English I'll ramble on and on about my beliefs in politics. :lol:
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:56 am

gtaca2005 wrote:Just for the hell of it, tommorow in English I'll ramble on and on about my beliefs in politics. :lol:

Heheh...

I heard I got the old lady teacher this year...the one who taught my friends last year for English Honors. I heard you can start a football game in her class and she probably wouldn't notice until near the end of the period...

:cartmanlaugh:
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:06 am

Edduyasha wrote:
gtaca2005 wrote:Just for the hell of it, tommorow in English I'll ramble on and on about my beliefs in politics. :lol:

Heheh...

I heard I got the old lady teacher this year...the one who taught my friends last year for English Honors. I heard you can start a football game in her class and she probably wouldn't notice until near the end of the period...

My english teacher last year kept beging me to go to honors english, but I refused because AP homework and all that crap. :lol:
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:35 am

gtaca2005 wrote:
Edduyasha wrote:

Heheh...

My english teacher last year kept beging me to go to honors english, but I refused because AP homework and all that crap. :lol:

*sigh*

My boyfriend was going to take AP English, but his mom didn't let him... Personally, I didn't really want to, because there is so little creative writing involved with the class...

Rawr...

:evil:
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

tweekedkenny

Postby tweekedkenny » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:48 am

I'm in AP everything, so far it's pretty much the same thing as regular classes from what I hear.
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:07 am

tweekedkenny wrote:I'm in AP everything, so far it's pretty much the same thing as regular classes from what I hear.

Ahaha, for you... For us kids near where I live, it means homework every night to 3-4 A.M. from about late August to right up to the AP Exam (except the art classes). Yet, they wonder why most of us are so cranky and tired all the time...
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

tweekedkenny

Postby tweekedkenny » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:34 pm

Edduyasha wrote:
tweekedkenny wrote:I'm in AP everything, so far it's pretty much the same thing as regular classes from what I hear.

Ahaha, for you... For us kids near where I live, it means homework every night to 3-4 A.M. from about late August to right up to the AP Exam (except the art classes). Yet, they wonder why most of us are so cranky and tired all the time...

When I become a junior it's going to be a living hell.
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:36 pm

tweekedkenny wrote:
Edduyasha wrote:

This year's gonna be my junior year... I just have to worry about looking for a good Art school to apply to, get my driver's permit, and to take the SAT and ACT again (I took it last year and got some good scores, but unfortunately, colleges like to look at junior year scores)...
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

tweekedkenny

Postby tweekedkenny » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:40 pm

Edduyasha wrote:
tweekedkenny wrote:
Edduyasha wrote:

This year's gonna be my junior year... I just have to worry about looking for a good Art school to apply to, get my driver's permit, and to take the SAT and ACT again (I took it last year and got some good scores, but unfortunately, colleges like to look at junior year scores)...

Yeah my sister just got done with her junior year. But at my school, we hardly get any breaks. Maybe like 5 days for winter break, and 3 days for spirng break. We have over 200 day years!
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:46 pm

tweekedkenny wrote:
Edduyasha wrote:
tweekedkenny wrote:
Edduyasha wrote:

Yeah my sister just got done with her junior year. But at my school, we hardly get any breaks. Maybe like 5 days for winter break, and 3 days for spirng break. We have over 200 day years!

Damn...that's crazy! I'm just pissed that the stupid school board changed the schedule this year, so that we have exams after Winter Break. Imagine, instead of opening Christmas (and birthday for me) presents, I'd be opening my Physics and AP English books.

:cartmanangry:
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:29 am

School work in general sucks. :lol:
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:35 am

gtaca2005 wrote:School work in general sucks. :lol:

Yeah, except Art/Computer Graphics classwork...
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

Return to “Hot Topics”