The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:57 pm

Taranis_Music wrote:I started school yesterday.

I start school on September 5th.

RFAM: This site is my homepage.
Blue Twilight

Postby Blue Twilight » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:20 pm

^Are you employed anywhere? Or are you searching for a job yet? because you're going into some sort of media-related profession, am I right?

Speaking of school, which still has yet to start, I've already started planning studying abroad. I'll be taking off for the entire 2008-2009 school year, spending half in Spain fulfilling my Spanish major and the other half in... well, either Australia or New Zealand, both have awesome bio programs, I haven't decided which one yet... for my biology major.

Although I might have to cut it down to just Spain, since I could very well be graduating in spring 2009. Depends on how many classes I still have to take to fulfill the pre-health program. :D

I'm so jealous of this year's incoming freshmen-- they can apply to take a literature class in London over January-term! We never got to do that, it was just theology in Rome. I wanna go to England! :( XD

To switch subjects... eeewww, rancid icing! Reminds me of a cooking disaster I made a few years ago. It was my mum's birthday, so I decided to bake her a red velvet cake with green icing. The recipe called for shortening, so I used this can of it that had been sitting in the cupboard for about eight years, and it had a funny smell, but I thought "It'll smell better once it's been in the oven for awhile." But when I took the cake out it still smelled funny. Turns out I used RANCID shortening, but none of us knew it until we ate it.

And THEN there was the icing disaster for the same cake... it was from a recipe book which called for boiling sugar over the stovetop and simultaneously making merengue... anyway the merengue was taking longer than expected to make, and when I was still beating the eggs I noticed this thick white smoke erupting from the saucepan, and it turns out the sugar was burning to a crisp. We had to open all the windows and it had to soak for so long since all the burnt caramal adhered to the sides of the pan.

So I decided to make green frosting instead. Knowing mum loved chocolate, I put cocoa powder in the frosting, which resulted in a weird greenish-brown colour. Anyway, after taking a bite out of the cake my mum commented, "This cake looks like diarheea and tastes like sh*t!" And then when she found out I used rancid shortening for it, she demanded we throw it away.

XD I still laugh over it now.

That was one long post. :lol:
Illegitimi non carborundum.
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:31 pm

Blue Twilight wrote:^Are you employed anywhere? Or are you searching for a job yet? because you're going into some sort of media-related profession, am I right?

No, I'm not employed yet. I am looking for a job, but only half-arsedly. Because I should... but then I have the excuse to not get a job yet, because I don't graduate til January (don't ask me why, it's just when the school decided to have graduation).

But in a manner of speaking, yes, I want to get a job in film or TV. Preferably, writing (which I am doing in my time of not getting a job). Which means I'd have to move to London, Manchester, Australia or the U.S., because there is f*ck all job opportunities round here.
Email notifications do matter, people.
Taranis_Music

Postby Taranis_Music » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:54 pm

I started school last Friday. Most of my teachers are stuck up bitches. I have a couple cool teachers though.
cheesypoofs857

Postby cheesypoofs857 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:29 am

Blue Twilight wrote: Anyway, after taking a bite out of the cake my mum commented, "This cake looks like diarrhea and tastes like sh*t!" And then when she found out I used rancid shortening for it, she demanded we throw it away.

XD I still laugh over it now.

Thanks for cheering me up! *jumps out of emo corner* XD
Someone wrote:Lies! None of the guys on here have seen real women!
strumpfhose

Postby strumpfhose » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:32 am

albino.black.sheep wrote:
Blue Twilight wrote:^Are you employed anywhere? Or are you searching for a job yet? because you're going into some sort of media-related profession, am I right?

No, I'm not employed yet. I am looking for a job, but only half-arsedly.

LOL

But in a manner of speaking, yes, I want to get a job in film or TV. Preferably, writing (which I am doing in my time of not getting a job). Which means I'd have to move to London, Manchester, Australia or the U.S., because there is f*ck all job opportunities round here.

I will probably end up in the same business but writing is definitely not my thing. When someone else comes up with a great idea or story, I can play with it and make the thing work but I guess I'm just too self critical to come up with stories myself. When you're a film writer in London, I'll move there too and be the editor or something :wink:
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:38 am

strumpfhose wrote:I will probably end up in the same business but writing is definitely not my thing. When someone else comes up with a great idea or story, I can play with it and make the thing work but I guess I'm just too self critical to come up with stories myself. When you're a film writer in London, I'll move there too and be the editor or something :wink:

Sold.

OK, Anna's on board. I need a storyboard designer now. While, yes, I can draw, I don't have the patience to actually draw the thing myself.
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:03 am

I have an interest in going into storyboarding!

... I have to finish high school first.

And maybe I should go to college after that, too.

Ah, hell.
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:26 am

iceiwynd wrote:I have an interest in going into storyboarding!

Ah, hell.

f*ck it.

*slips into the shifty Turkish accent my old boss has* Come. You work for me. I pay you good wage.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:39 am

Random:

I want you guys to get to know me better, so to see where I'm from, please watch "Bait Car" on court TV tonight at 10:30 et.

Stockton, the second highest place to get your car stolen in the US. :wink:
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:21 am

Ah, hell.

f*ck it.

*slips into the shifty Turkish accent my old boss has* Come. You work for me. I pay you good wage.

Shifty Turkish accent? Well, hell, I'm sold.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:34 am

iceiwynd wrote:

Ah, hell.

f*ck it.

Shifty Turkish accent? Well, hell, I'm sold.

Just be careful not to transpose a panel or two, otherwise...
NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:32 am

cheesypoofs857 wrote:Seventh graders, you say? Ah, yes. I remember when I was in 7th grade: I wen psycho for the 50th time, I joined SPS, I was PMing Nommel during the I-LEAP test, and I did battle with ping-pong!

But now I'm in 9th grade and must suffer from the upperclassmen's wrath because we're vertically impaired.

In somewhat related news, today's open house and as a member of the Evil Council, I think I have to go.

Meh...I was a goody-two-shoed whiny bitch back in 7th grade that would go tattle on my brother for saying simple stuff like "damn"...that's why I wiped my memory from birth to about 9th grade... I went through a complete metamorphisis in the summer of 8th-9th grade, by way of metal music and the "Conker's Bad Fur Day" videogame...and I became the kickass renegade I am now.

Anyhow, I hope to illustrate stuff or do album covers for bands as a job... If not, I'll go freelancing or into animation...or try to get lucky as a Manga-Ka one day...I dunno. I just know it's gonna be in Graphic Design, so that's what I'm looking at...
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
Guess_Who_I_Am_Not

Postby Guess_Who_I_Am_Not » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:38 pm

AHAD.
albino.black.sheep wrote:My cat ran away with an extra strong mint on his head.

xx_emuteeth_xx wrote:shut up douche im not retaded
marvel_freak_42

Postby marvel_freak_42 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:05 pm

SuperMaids wrote:I have five days to choose my colledge options.
Hard considering I did so damn well in every subject.

God, college sucks...
Founder of the Western Orthodox Branch of the Church of Butters!

"The world will know peace when humanity is extinguished."
-- False Awakenings

Return to “Hot Topics”