The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

CruciFACTION

Postby CruciFACTION » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:16 pm

[quote="BRMBug":38e86][quote="CruciFACTION":38e86]I'm going fishing with my Dad and Uncle Tomorrow. is it just me, or is fishing like, the ultimate father son activity?[/quote:38e86]
Absolutely. We haven't really been in some time though. I don't mind going by myself, but I keep having to fish from shores, jettys, and docks because I don't have access to a boat.[/quote:38e86]

I'm back, and seeing how BBS law requires(sp?) members to have a long, frustrated rant at least once a year, I may as well get it in now. *Ahem*

It started with me being woke up at 5:30, I'm pretty sure waking me up at that hour is considered a war crime. After slinking out of bed, I had about ten minutes to get ready, I was told showering wasn't needed seeing how we were just going to get covered in salt water and kelp anyway. "Breakfast" came in the form of a stale doughnut, and a melty doughnut, in that order.

Now let me explain our method of fishing: we attach fishing rods to our kayaks, lower the bait and hook into the water, look for birds diving and circling, row out to them, and catch us some spripers. My dad caught four in two days useing this strategy, and my uncle caught thirty in three weeks.

So we get to the beach and the conditions are perfect, the water is calm, the sky isn't to bright , and there are no people. Everything was right except for one minor detail, there were no f*cking FISH!! :x So we just sort of pointlessly rowed around for several hours until my arms started hemoraging, and my seat started severing my spine.

I realize that I'd be just as tired and sore if I caught something, but at least I would have the adrenaline rush you get from ending the life of another creature with your bare hands to take me back to shore!

But, despite all that crap, I still had fun.
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:25 pm

CruciFACTION wrote:
BRMBug wrote:
CruciFACTION wrote:I'm going fishing with my Dad and Uncle Tomorrow. is it just me, or is fishing like, the ultimate father son activity?

Absolutely. We haven't really been in some time though. I don't mind going by myself, but I keep having to fish from shores, jettys, and docks because I don't have access to a boat.

I'm back, and seeing how BBS law requires(sp?) members to have a long, frustrated rant at least once a year, I may as well get it in now. *Ahem*

It started with me being woke up at 5:30, I'm pretty sure waking me up at that hour is considered a war crime. After slinking out of bed, I had about ten minutes to get ready, I was told showering wasn't needed seeing how we were just going to get covered in salt water and kelp anyway. "Breakfast" came in the form of a stale doughnut, and a melty doughnut, in that order.

Now let me explain our method of fishing: we attach fishing rods to our kayaks, lower the bait and hook into the water, look for birds diving and circling, row out to them, and catch us some spripers. My dad caught four in two days useing this strategy, and my uncle caught thirty in three weeks.

So we get to the beach and the conditions are perfect, the water is calm, the sky isn't to bright , and there are no people. Everything was right except for one minor detail, there were no f*ckb][/b]ucking FISH!! :x So we just sort of pointlessly rowed around for several hours until my arms started hemoraging, and my seat started severing my spine.

I realize that I'd be just as tired and sore if I caught something, but at least I would have the adrenaline rush you get from ending the life of another creature with your bare hands to take me back to shore!

But, despite all that crap, I still had fun.

I feel for you, man. Going all day without one fight against a fish is rather frustrating...though it's a bit gruesome when you manage to hook a fish through its eyes (that sight from about a year ago at my dad's friend's house still haunts me to this day).
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
cheesypoofs857

Postby cheesypoofs857 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:57 pm

Edduyasha wrote:I wonder if the musical director will let me play with the sword again during musical practice on Friday...after all, it's my sword...
You're in band? What instrument?
Someone wrote:Lies! None of the guys on here have seen real women!
CruciFACTION

Postby CruciFACTION » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:02 am

Edduyasha wrote:I wonder if the musical director will let me play with the sword again during musical practice on Friday...after all, it's my sword...

I have two swords, and soon I'll have a battle axe to.
phatcartman655

Postby phatcartman655 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:35 am

Aww. I only have one sword.

(But for some reason I don't use it)
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:50 am

CruciFACTION wrote:

I have two swords, and soon I'll have a battle axe to.

Lucky. The stage-sword I mentioned is the only one I have right now, but the next time I visit New York City's Chinatown during summer (we drive for 20+ hours straight up there), I'll probably pick up a fighting katana or something of the sort...

cheesypoofs857 wrote:You're in band? What instrument?

Meh, I'm not in band. I'm in Orchestra, and I play the violin.
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

phatcartman655

Postby phatcartman655 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:51 am

Well, I do have weapons. (I go to a karate school that teaches you how to fight with weapons)
phatcartman655

Postby phatcartman655 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:08 am

I have these weapons:

Sword
Gun
Sai
Comma
Nunchucks
Ninja Stars
SuperMaids

Postby SuperMaids » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:09 am

HA! You guys live in the good ol USA and only have one or two swors? I'm an English person and still have 3 Kantanas, a machette and various flick knives.
Though I don't use them for anything other than decoration of course *cough cough* being a law obiding and peace loving citicen and all that.
phatcartman655

Postby phatcartman655 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:11 am

Wow... a machete? Well at least I got a Ninja Star!
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:15 am

SuperMaids wrote:HA! You guys live in the good ol USA and only have one or two swors? I'm an English person and still have 3 Kantanas, a machette and various flick knives.
Though I don't use them for anything other than decoration of course *cough cough* being a law obiding and peace loving citicen and all that.

My parents weren't too keen about me wanting swords, but it seems that they've let a little more leeway about it now. I plan to get a katana or two, and perhaps some shorter machettes or something. I saw this really cool weapon over at the flea market a year or two back, I call it a "crossblade", but it's like an overgrown shuriken (looks like someone took the blades off of four broadswords and mounted them on a center handle thing). I dunno. If I see it again, I'll try to get it...

As for self-defense weapons, I have a handmade bow and arrow set mounted above my bed, a big butcher knife, and some assorted smaller household blades. These don't really count, but my teeth are pointy (so the dentist and orthodontist say) and my nails...I cut them into points capable of leaving scars if I scratched hard enough.
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

phatcartman655

Postby phatcartman655 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:17 am

Katans? (Why do people get better weapons?
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:20 am

phatcartman655 wrote:Katans? (Why do people get better weapons?

...Wha?

Personally, I just want a well-balanced fighting blade, that's good for cutting stuff. I found one up in NYC's Chinatown (in a tiny, out-of-the-way shop), but my family's gotta go up there by car- if I tried bringing that onto a plane back home, they'd pull a terrorist raid on me.
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

phatcartman655

Postby phatcartman655 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:21 am

Oh. Well, SuperMaids has the best weapons.
SuperMaids

Postby SuperMaids » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:22 am

Ever looked at http://www.selfdefence.com/
I hear they can ship *some* stuff across the pond, but i've never tried myself, being as I knew a guy who knew a guy who got me all the shiny swords I'll ever need.
Being a pacifist and all that I only use kantanas for cutting of the hair and making of the sandwitches, and occasionally the swatting of the hawk-sized, possibly genetically mutated moths.

Return to “Hot Topics”