The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

Edduyasha

Re: Randome Thread, part II

Postby Edduyasha » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:25 am

Grizim wrote:hmm was my last post not posted successfully. hbw is a climbing vine from subtropical areas and the seeds are psychadelic.

Oh...I see.

I'm kinda sick of reading about drugs- I sat around for about 2 hours at my computer earlier doing a required 4 hour drug-alcohol online course (I'm finishing it tomorrow) required to get my driver's permit...

:?
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:34 am

Another test....

Here in California, you just have to take a $300+ test to get a permit, and to go further to get a license at age 16-17. When you turn 18, only the standard test is required, and the actual driving test of course.
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:40 am

gtaca2005 wrote:Another test....

Here in California, you just have to take a $300+ test to get a permit, and to go further to get a license at age 16-17. When you turn 18, only the standard test is required, and the actual driving test of course.

Bleh...it's so f*cking expensive... The sad part is, people actually are stupid enough to fail the tests... It takes me about 10 minutes to read each chapter and do the quiz at the end, so I'm stuck with sitting around for the remaining 20 minutes waiting until the thing lets me go on (because it takes that f*cking long for some people to read and understand the material...pathetic...just pathetic...)

Anyways, I've put it off for quite a while because of its cost and time consumption. Meh...I should be getting my licence in a few months if I was one of the normal kids, but no...I'm just getting my permit now. I think I'm one of the last people in my grade getting a driving permit...

Driving isn't even my primary concern these days- I'm too busy obsessing over working on my art portfolio for Portfolio Day at the art school I want to go into...after all, I do want to go into an Art School after I'm done with High School, and getting in depends mostly on experience and the portfolio...
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

SuperMaids

Postby SuperMaids » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:03 am

Driving tests, and driving in general, are just something I never in my life want to do. I've got a whole bible full of reasons (excuses) for this; paranoia/ reasonable fear that i'll fail the test fourty times in a row, costing my family all their retirment money and making me the lauging stock of the driving world: turning out to be more furious behind the wheel than my mum (who's rants are enough to make Cartman, along with the whole tourettes society, blush), so rage-filled that I'll deliberetly smash a fast-moving ton of metal into a schoolbus for pulling out in front of me: the fact that i don't really want to waste half my life in a car.
Unfortunately, this isn't really accepted by, well, anyone i know. My friends, my family, and retty much everyone else I've ever smelt has been using any and all tricks available to them to 'motivate' me into get a driving licence since I turned 16.
Don't mean to sound too EMOtional here, but they just want to use me for some reaoson or other, be it my kiddie friends wanting someoen to drive'em around, my alcoholic aquaintances wanting a 'designated' (party-stoppingly boring) driver, my family wanting me to get to university from home so I can stay with them FOREVER.
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:08 am

SuperMaids wrote:Driving tests, and driving in general, are just something I never in my life want to do. I've got a whole bible full of reasons (excuses) for this; paranoia/ reasonable fear that i'll fail the test fourty times in a row, costing my family all their retirment money and making me the lauging stock of the driving world: turning out to be more furious behind the wheel than my mum (who's rants are enough to make Cartman, along with the whole tourettes society, blush), so rage-filled that I'll deliberetly smash a fast-moving ton of metal into a schoolbus for pulling out in front of me: the fact that i don't really want to waste half my life in a car.
Unfortunately, this isn't really accepted by, well, anyone i know. My friends, my family, and retty much everyone else I've ever smelt has been using any and all tricks available to them to 'motivate' me into get a driving licence since I turned 16.
Don't mean to sound too EMOtional here, but they just want to use me for some reaoson or other, be it my kiddie friends wanting someoen to drive'em around, my alcoholic aquaintances wanting a 'designated' (party-stoppingly boring) driver, my family wanting me to get to university from home so I can stay with them FOREVER.

Well...I think it'd be nice to drive out to my friends' houses to party and go to concerts, but honestly...I'm too busy these days with school and my art portfolio to worry about this...I'll get my licence before I graduate, for sure, but whatever... Right now-

Art/getting into Art School > Driving
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

CruciFACTION

Postby CruciFACTION » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:30 am

Edduyasha wrote:I'm back! Miss me, anyone?

Okay, just kidding.

I've been gone for two weeks because the BBS kept crashing my Internet every time I clicked on a thread...but yeah.

Same damn thing was happening to me.
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:32 am

CruciFACTION wrote:

Okay, just kidding.

I've been gone for two weeks because the BBS kept crashing my Internet every time I clicked on a thread...but yeah.

I heard over on some other thead that it was doing that to people with Internet Explorer 6...I guess I have IE version 6, then.

See, I think I learn something new every day!

^ ^;
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

CruciFACTION

Postby CruciFACTION » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:37 am

Edduyasha wrote:
CruciFACTION wrote:

Okay, just kidding.

I heard over on some other thead that it was doing that to people with Internet Explorer 6...I guess I have IE version 6, then.

^ ^;

To tell the truth, I haven't been on much since these changes, there kind of annoying, so I'm just going to wait until they sort this out, hope it dosen't take to long.
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:45 am

CruciFACTION wrote:
Edduyasha wrote:I heard over on some other thead that it was doing that to people with Internet Explorer 6...I guess I have IE version 6, then.

^ ^;

To tell the truth, I haven't been on much since these changes, there kind of annoying, so I'm just going to wait until they sort this out, hope it dosen't take to long.

Yeah...too bad there's two weeks worth of posts to catch up on...it takes long enough to catch up from a day or two, but two weeks?...

:|
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

SuperMaids

Postby SuperMaids » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:02 am

DAMN THE NEW BBS ALERTING ME TO NEW POSTS!
If you're reading this and think I'm back, then you're wrong! This is but a hope fuled hallucination that your savior has lost his life and fallen into the flaming hell of the BBS once more.

And that's changed for you? When I try to log in at home whole computer crashes into blue-screen death. It's like the server's got computer HIV and gave my laptop Super E-AIDS.
Not that i care right now; right now i'm "revising" on the broadband equipped school computers, which I don't give a crap about.
these changes, there kind of annoying

You can say that to the blue screen next time your pc crashes into oblivion! Not that I don't like my avatars and stuff, it's just that the BBS reforms were supposesd to make it load faster, not put five pages of text in one so it takes five times as long to pop up and gives you a migrane trying to read it!

Well, that's the version I have, so you might have a point there. I'll try from some other browser, but i'm sure my problems are mainly coz i'm on dialup.

Edduyasha wrote: Art/getting into Art School > Driving

As much as I hate to admit it;
Fun and flaming on the BBS< Getting my A-levels
In other words, my presence on this thread may be limmited to half terms and holidays from now on, thanks to uber-evil teachers that give an hour of HWK each night and such like.
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:07 am

SuperMaids wrote:DAMN THE NEW BBS ALERTING ME TO NEW POSTS!
If you're reading this and think I'm back, then you're wrong! This is but a hope fuled hallucination that your savior has lost his life and fallen into the flaming hell of the BBS once more.

And that's changed for you? When I try to log in at home whole computer crashes into blue-screen death. It's like the server's got computer HIV and gave my laptop Super E-AIDS.
Not that i care right now; right now i'm "revising" on the broadband equipped school computers, which I don't give a crap about.
these changes, there kind of annoying

You can say that to the blue screen next time your pc crashes into oblivion! Not that I don't like my avatars and stuff, it's just that the BBS reforms were supposesd to make it load faster, not put five pages of text in one so it takes five times as long to pop up and gives you a migrane trying to read it!

Well, that's the version I have, so you might have a point there. I'll try from some other browser, but i'm sure my problems are mainly coz i'm on dialup.

Edduyasha wrote: Art/getting into Art School > Driving

As much as I hate to admit it;
Fun and flaming on the BBS< Getting my A-levels
In other words, my presence on this thread may be limmited to half terms and holidays from now on, thanks to uber-evil teachers that give an hour of HWK each night and such like.

Yeah...I agree about the school thing...11th grade is rather important to the colleges that look at your grades and such. I'm pulling straight A's so far (except in Physics, which I have a B in...but that's good considering I suck at math and science). The only reason I've had so much free time these days is that the teachers haven't been giving that much homework out lately. If they gave out more homework, I'd be busy doing that instead of lurking online...

^ ^;

Good luck with your computer issues...
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

SuperMaids

Postby SuperMaids » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:37 am

11th grade huh? To me that (and the free time that went with it) is all just one big, happy memory. Now i'm in college, doing Physics, philosophy, biology, chemesty and more than a few other things besides.
Most of these 'other things', like joining Amnesty International, the tallent show and helping a buisiness to set up, I have no beliefe in whatsoever and I'm only doing cause it's less pressure than messing with the (pure ginger) gurl running all of them (as well as EVERYTHING in my life right now), a gurl who just happens to be my lab-buddy in chem, a gurl more than willing to nag me into a shrivveled up husk of a person if i even think of refusing an 'offer' to 'help' her in some far-flung task or other.
Remindes me of a song i heard on my favourite show a few years back; Oh I remember how it used to be, in 11th grade. I had time to play and watch TV, to eat and sleep and live a life; but now that i'm in twelth year, even my net life's gone to hell. Oh how i love the 11th grade, now that it's over and i got my results and all.
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:40 am

SuperMaids wrote:11th grade huh? To me that (and the free time that went with it) is all just one big, happy memory. Now i'm in college, doing Physics, philosophy, biology, chemesty and more than a few other things besides.
Most of these 'other things', like joining Amnesty International, the tallent show and helping a buisiness to set up, I have no beliefe in whatsoever and I'm only doing cause it's less pressure than messing with the (pure ginger) gurl running all of them (as well as EVERYTHING in my life right now), a gurl who just happens to be my lab-buddy in chem, a gurl more than willing to nag me into a shrivveled up husk of a person if i even think of refusing an 'offer' to 'help' her in some far-flung task or other.
Remindes me of a song i heard on my favourite show a few years back; Oh I remember how it used to be, in 11th grade. I had time to play and watch TV, to eat and sleep and live a life; but now that i'm in twelth year, even my net life's gone to hell. Oh how i love the 11th grade, now that it's over and i got my results and all.

Ah...well...I dunno...you'll get through this one way or another, I reckon. Things usually work out at the end...

^ ^;
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

Stovepipe_Jam

Postby Stovepipe_Jam » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:58 pm

SO f*cking TIRED, OMG ><><><><><
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:46 pm

Stovepipe_Jam wrote:SO f*cking TIRED, OMG ><><><><><

Yeah, I know how you feel. I just got...let's see...6-ish hours of sleep?

:?

No matter...I'm still tired but I can't get back to sleep right now...
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

Return to “Hot Topics”