The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

Edduyasha

Re: Randome Thread, part II - Ain't we havin' some fun now?

Postby Edduyasha » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:56 pm

Indigo Rose wrote:
Edduyasha wrote:Ah... High school's not as cracked up to be in terms of social life...but I am looking forward to be the top of the school hierachy next year. Middle schoolers practically worship seniors and I'll be able to push just about anyone around without getting in too much trouble. Hell, some of the midget 7th graders this year are scared of me already...

I guess all high schools have their share of stupid s*it.

Is this the normal time you guys get online during the weekdays? No wonder I miss all the fun when I get back home from school...but laying around sick and feverish in bed is no fun, either.

><

I don't really have a normal time, I just go on and post a bit whenever I'm bored with nothing to do, and if other people are on we'll have a bit of a conversation.

Being a senior was hell the first semester with having to do all the stuff for college applications. (Especially with the type of parents who hover over your head for every project and spend hours critiquing everything you write.) But as soon as that's done, you can just relax for the rest of the year. Your only obligation will be passing your classes and graduating, it's very nice.

Ah, I see. I'll be needing to do that...I'm looking for Art schools in the state and considering a few up North (granted if I can get some good scholarships and get admitted in the first place) and I'm looking for some scholarships. Any advice for that kind of stuff?

My school has something called Senior Project that everyone has to do to graduate. The research paper's a b*tch, but I think I know what I'll do for mine (unlike a lot of the other kids, who decide about two days before the paper is due)...

I think I'll try to research animation and its different methods (Maya, Flash, and the like) and create a full Flash movie for the product, complete with storyboarding, sound/music, background/character animation and stuff...that'll look pretty good on my portfolio if I pull a good grade on it. Getting a mentor shouldn't be so hard, either; Disney and Nickolodeon studios are just a bit more than an hour's drive from where I live. Heck, I can even go to Atlanta to CN's studios for help if things don't work out in-state...

I get home usually by 3:45, but it varies due to either my College Algebra class (5-8:30 PM) or other extra-curricular activities. I'm just here today because I'm sick at home today.

I knew it was just me when I told my mom it felt like Hell in my room- I have a fever...and so I'll be back in a minute, I have to go take some fever/pain-killers.
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:00 pm

Ah, I had to do a senior project too. I wrote up some big thing about learning if I could find my way in animal medicine, then I volunteered at my vet's office and played with kittens for two weeks. I passed ^^ (It was graded on a pass/fail basis.)

As for scholarships, I know there's a website somewhere that has a directory of scholarships for all American universities. I just can't remember the website's name. It was something pretty simple, I'll see if I can find it.
"Now Kyle, don't fly too close to the sun, or it'll burn your wings, an- and you'll crash into the ocean!"

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:08 pm

Indigo Rose wrote:Ah, I had to do a senior project too. I wrote up some big thing about learning if I could find my way in animal medicine, then I volunteered at my vet's office and played with kittens for two weeks. I passed ^^ (It was graded on a pass/fail basis.)

As for scholarships, I know there's a website somewhere that has a directory of scholarships for all American universities. I just can't remember the website's name. It was something pretty simple, I'll see if I can find it.

That's cool. The papers are intresting...it's on a base of whether you get a nice teacher or not to grade the papers. The product and presentation are iffy, there are Senior Project boards where people who work in the area come in to evaluate your work...the people could be anyone from a hobo to a CEO of a company...

:shock:

I signed up for scholarships.com or something like that...I haven't really seen too many things in terms of art or use thereof so far, though...

><

Question! Why is NyQuil the drug of choice for getting high on/using to help to get to sleep for many people?

I just thought this up because I had some DayQuil a few minutes ago for my flu symptoms...
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:10 pm

I've never had NyQuil, so I can't really say.

But I found the website! fastweb.com
"Now Kyle, don't fly too close to the sun, or it'll burn your wings, an- and you'll crash into the ocean!"

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:13 pm

Indigo Rose wrote:I've never had NyQuil, so I can't really say.

Just wondering...

Thanks...I'll check that out later...when I feel like looking at academic stuff...

:wink:
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:19 pm

Edduyasha wrote:
Indigo Rose wrote:I've never had NyQuil, so I can't really say.

Just wondering...

Thanks...I'll check that out later...when I feel like looking at academic stuff...

:wink:

Ok! I hope it helps out!

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:23 pm

Bleargh...my stomach's hurting really bad now and I'm breaking out in sweat again...

><

Stupid flu...I feel so sick right now...
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:26 pm

Aww, sounds awful. Hope you get better...

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:28 pm

Indigo Rose wrote:Aww, sounds awful. Hope you get better...

Thanks...

Sorry...I know I'm b*tching my head off...but argh...being sick is no fun at all...and for once, I'm not faking it to get out of school...

><
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:38 pm

Edduyasha wrote:

Thanks...

Sorry...I know I'm b*tching my head off...but argh...being sick is no fun at all...and for once, I'm not faking it to get out of school...

><

I understand completely. Lately, I've been getting these headaches that strike whenever I concentrate hard on something. It's gotten so I spend about half my day in pain. It sucks, and is a bitch to do homework with...

My point: if life's being evil to you, here is a very good place to rant about it.

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:53 pm

Indigo Rose wrote:
Edduyasha wrote:

Thanks...

><

I understand completely. Lately, I've been getting these headaches that strike whenever I concentrate hard on something. It's gotten so I spend about half my day in pain. It sucks, and is a bitch to do homework with...

My point: if life's being evil to you, here is a very good place to rant about it.

Yeah...tension headaches are no fun either. They're not so bad as sinus problems in me, though. I'm glad that stuff doesn't do anything to me until allergy season comes around in the Spring (sinus problems were also a factor in my 2007 Spring depression fiasco). I hope I broke the flu curse this year, though. I don't want the cruise trip ruined by me getting deathly sick near my birthday again. The flu I had last year ruined my ski trip (but the mountain-carving and South Park marathon made up for some of that)...

I love this BBS...it's not a drama Hell-hole, and most of the posters have decent grammar, and brains that are put to use.

:mrgreen:
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

cheesypoofs857

Postby cheesypoofs857 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:50 pm

Aw great! MySpace is acting retarded! I seriously need to lay off that site.
Someone wrote:Lies! None of the guys on here have seen real women!
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:51 pm

cheesypoofs857 wrote:Aw great! MySpace is acting retarded! I seriously need to lay off that site.

Oh, that's where you went! It got a bit too quiet over here, so I got restless...
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

cheesypoofs857

Postby cheesypoofs857 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:03 pm

Yup, but the bulletins aren't working and I can't talk to anybody. Tom's such an assh*le. :x

Must..... resist...... the Force!
Someone wrote:Lies! None of the guys on here have seen real women!
Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:06 pm

Edduyasha wrote:
cheesypoofs857 wrote:Aw great! MySpace is acting retarded! I seriously need to lay off that site.

Oh, that's where you went! It got a bit too quiet over here, so I got restless...

I went to go get food myself. It's not fair! My dining hall food is all bad and disgusting except the dessert, apples, fries, grilled cheese, cereal, and milk. How am I going to lose weight this year?

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"

Return to “Hot Topics”