The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

teh-lolrus

Re: The Magnificent Random Rides Again!

Postby teh-lolrus » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:11 am

superiorsavior wrote:
lolrus wrote:although some people think post count is a way to judge someone

I wish we stilll had post counts right under our names, like in the Good Old days, just so we could see who is immortal, that is, who has absulutely no life offline :)

Heh. I honestly should be doing my Physics homework (okay, I am...) but I'm on here because it's making my poor brain bleed.

If anyone would be so kind to tell me how conductors are charged by induction...please...?

superiorsavior wrote:
Lolrus wrote:Now they went to Ur-anus and then *bleep*.

That's the most f*cked up thing the nerdiest kid in your school has ever said? Our nerds out mad yours. One sings christmass songs (SP ones included) all in Latin (again SP songs included) in the middle of class, in easter. It helps him concentrate. Doesn't help me concentrate. He transfered from the royal grammer for boys (where the hottest hippy girl in our year incidentally transferred, was there something she didn't tell us :?:) and made our lives heck ever since with his domination of Geekdom. Still, we lost our real life KTS, so no more rants about Hume and anti-relition in the library, woot!

That just proves my point- my school fails.

:lol:

superiorsavior wrote:
Lolrus wrote:My friends and I were hanging out and 'Drizzle' starts going off about how he was messing around online and how he found 'inappropiate censoring'

I HATE that kind of censoring. Or rather, I love to hate it. I only notice it on American shows, we don't censor squat on UK TV, except quality :)

They don't censor much on Canadian TV, either. Lucky... Canadian ads (especially the Chinese ads) are so much better and more intresting than the ones we get in the US...

superiorsavior wrote:Random: I KNOW why coffee disolves in water but not in milk. Milk is a non-polar solvent, and coffee is polar, so the electrons in both (being of the same polarity, negative) repell each other like the south compasses of two magnets. In a polar solvent like water, there is a negative charge and a positive charge which attract the negative and positive parts of the coffee and pull it appart, helping the drink to get through the pores in the stomache, into your brain. Hot water helps things as the water particles move around quicker (more energy) tearing pieces of coffee off quicker. Hot milk may act like hot water, but only because it contains water as well as fat.

Eww, Honors Chemistry (which I never learned anything in last year) and the Thermodynamics chapter in Physics (which we just went over). Any kind of science more complicated than plants are producers and animals are consumers makes my brain bleed.

Random- The Physics teacher was showing us this website featuring Bitchy Slut...er...Brittney Spears and something about electicity today. The only thing we got out of the lecture was this odd thing at the top of the screen- a parody search engine called 'Booble'.

:lol:
._.
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:28 am

Sory to make your brains bleed Lolrus :)

We have the worst adverts in the world in the UK. If it's not for a bank, it's for a charity, and if it's not for either of them it's for a show. Always the same old "buy our product: or ELSE." The government ads are the worst: don't smoke weed, drink alcohol, have sex, drive w/o a seatbelt, shoplift, eat too much or forget to put the battery in your somoke alarm or you WILL die. No questions. And so will your family, when they kill themselves because of you dying. And then their friends will kill themselves and so on untill everyone on earth is dead, all because you drank a pint of beer before you were 18! Or so it implies. So crap it's OK I suppose.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
polymorph

Postby polymorph » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:21 pm

superiorsavior wrote:Sory to make your brains bleed Lolrus :)

We have the worst adverts in the world in the UK. If it's not for a bank, it's for a charity, and if it's not for either of them it's for a show. Always the same old "buy our product: or ELSE." The government ads are the worst: don't smoke weed, drink alcohol, have sex, drive w/o a seatbelt, shoplift, eat too much or forget to put the battery in your somoke alarm or you WILL die. No questions. And so will your family, when they kill themselves because of you dying. And then their friends will kill themselves and so on untill everyone on earth is dead, all because you drank a pint of beer before you were 18! Or so it implies. So crap it's OK I suppose.

That sounds like an awesome advert.
Rasputin, bring in the bucket of soapy frogs and remove his trousers
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:32 pm

superiorsavior wrote:I have a (Sadly pink) GBA somewhere around my house, it's just a matter of geting the energy to dig it out of the trash-heap that is my bedroom.

I have a GBA on my PSP. :)

You can get one on your computer and download every game ever made from:
http://nr.emuparadise.org/NewReleases/i ... GBA%20Roms

And the thing to play them is here:
http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/gba/

:P
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:37 pm

I have returned!!!!

Hope I haven't been forgotten ^^
"Now Kyle, don't fly too close to the sun, or it'll burn your wings, an- and you'll crash into the ocean!"

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:41 pm

Indigo Rose wrote:I have returned!!!!

Hope I haven't been forgotten ^^

The memories slowly return. :o
Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:42 pm

Good to know. Damn, I need to edit some stuff. See you in a couple minutes with a (hopefully) shiny new avatar.
"Now Kyle, don't fly too close to the sun, or it'll burn your wings, an- and you'll crash into the ocean!"

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:55 pm

gtaca2005 wrote:
superiorsavior wrote:I have a (Sadly pink) GBA somewhere around my house, it's just a matter of geting the energy to dig it out of the trash-heap that is my bedroom.

I have a GBA on my PSP. :)

You can get one on your computer and download every game ever made from:
http://nr.emuparadise.org/NewReleases/i ... GBA%20Roms

And the thing to play them is here:
http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/gba/

:P

I made the mistake of getting a PINK GBA as well. The lighting in the store made it look red. XD

I later got a red GBA SP when they came out.

Now I have a black Nintendo DS Lite with an M3 DS Real flash card, so I can play DS ROM's/homebrew on it, as well as emulate older systems. Unfortunately, hardware limitations on the DS make it not really possible to run PSX emulators like on the PSP, but the majority of the homebrew on the system is much more rewarding, as is the commercial game catalog, IMO.

That is a beautiful site, gtaca. I use it often.
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:05 pm

Mr. Hat_DX27 wrote:
That is a beautiful site, gtaca. I use it often.

It is, but the ads get really annoying.

The psp's power let it play PS1 games better then the PS1 it's self. I have Musashi for it, I'm thinking of throwing it back on my memory stick and playing it, but I'm too lazy. I just got through installing another Windows XP SP2 system on an extra hard drive, making my PC a dual-boot.

----------------------------------

I don't know how many people will see the message in the Canada post, so I'll put it here as well:
A nice little guide to get past the big bad legal restrictions.

Get Firefox, go to "Tools" in the menu bar.
Then select "Options
Then select the "Network" tab
Then select "Advanced"
Then under "Connections", select "Settings".

Select "Manual Proxy Configuration", and type in a proxy IP number in the HTTP proxy option and it's port number.

For a proxy number, go to http://www.samair.ru/proxy/
Make SURE you get one from the US.

Try this one: 97.81.19.227 - Port is 8080

Then a US proxy let me in. :P

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
For Internet Explorer:

Get a US proxy from http://www.samair.ru/proxy/ Example: 192.168.0.7:8080,

1. On the Tools menu in Internet Explorer, click Internet Options, click the Connections tab, and then click LAN Settings.

2. Under Proxy server, click to select the Use a proxy server for your LAN check box.

3. In the Address box, type the IP address of the proxy server. Example: 192.168.0.7:8080, 192.168.0.1 is the IP.

4. In the Port box, type the port number that is used by the proxy server. Example: 192.168.0.7:8080, 8080 is the port.

ADMINS and MODS:
If you don't want this posted, by all means, delete the post. :wink:
It'd just be doing your job. :)
marvel_freak_42

Postby marvel_freak_42 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:08 am

Indigo Rose wrote:I have returned!!!!

Yeah, boyee! :mrgreen:
Founder of the Western Orthodox Branch of the Church of Butters!

"The world will know peace when humanity is extinguished."
-- False Awakenings
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:12 am

Randome rant in 3... 2... 1...

Grandma's in the hospital again (How the hell can you be dehydrated, and have fluid in your lungs?), and although the place has WiFi, half of the websites I visit regularly are blocked. (ok, like three) This place, Adult Swim, and a blog that I check out from time to time are blocked, but oddly enough Will's site isn't. When she was in another hospital, SPS wasn't blocked, and his site was. wth?
Anyway, it looks like she's going to be there through the weekend, so I may not be on here that much.

gtaca2005 wrote:Way to cut down on costs, I call that technique "Oaky Rigging." My PC speakers are oaky rigged, I have a 2-into-1 RCA-to-headphone jack plugging in 2 RCA type speakers to my computer. The speakers are from the 80's and plug in to like the audio cords (Red and white.) on a DVD player.

Here is my speaknizzles:

Very old. :lol:

I used to have some vintage '70's Zenith Allegro 1000's plugged into the desktop, but I had to retire them because they took up too much room. :lol: Now I want to clean up the desk in my room and use some old Acoustic Research speakers with my laptop. (8" subs, with Radio Shack soft dome tweeters... overkill much? :D)
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:31 am

BUG wrote:lthough the place has WiFi, half of the websites I visit regularly are blocked
Gosh, hope she pulls through. Why block a TV show website? If you're going online you probably arn't going to sue the hospital for letting you onto a naughty site, so why censor? Anyway, why bring a laptop to the hospital? I suppose if the cues in the USA are as big as over here, you would be there all night waiting to visit... at least your hospitals have Wifi! Hope she pulls through though dude...

[/quote="GTA"]The psp's power let it play PS1 games better then the PS1 it's self.

Which is why the immense lack of ports puzzles me so. Why not port the whole collection to PSP? Suppose it's to do with controlls. I bought the thing as a universal emulator programme, then got board with retro games and games in general for a bit, and now only use it as a Kenny-ass alternative to an I-pod.

How do we get a PSOne PSP emulator by the way? I'd love one if it's going. I can never find roms or emulators for the newer consoles sadly.

GTA wrote:Proxies

*Hugs you as the Clyde Frog is hugged by the cartman*

Mr Hat wrote:I made the mistake of getting a PINK GBA as well. The lighting in the store made it look red

I love the colour and design by the time the SP came out so I kept the original. It's hard to loose a chunky pink lump of Nintendo madness, and for a forgetful klutz like me, not loosing something's an important trait!

On the topic of ROMS, I was once obsessed with them. Free games, a treasure trove. Then by the time I convinced my parents to get me broadband, my free time had become zero and I hadn't much use for emulators. Oh how cruel fate can be :)

Well at least I have the BBS :)
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

teh-lolrus

Postby teh-lolrus » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:42 am

Bleh, what a sh*tty day. My boyfriend was home sick today, and I didn't have anyone to hug me to calm my frazzled nerves brought on by that horrible AP Gov test. I'll save the details for the Rant thread.

I'm bored. I have so much to say right now, but I don't feel like typing it in this post. Maybe I'll wait for a little bit before I start overwhelming everyone with walls of text.

Random- I made a little prop sword for my plushie (pics soon on my Art thread and dA), and I think one of the moderators or administrators should merge all those repetitive threads about the episodes on the site not working.

:|
._.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:05 am

I think you said this, superiorsavior, but got the quote thing messed up:

Which is why the immense lack of ports puzzles me so. Why not port the whole collection to PSP? Suppose it's to do with controlls. I bought the thing as a universal emulator programme, then got board with retro games and games in general for a bit, and now only use it as a Kenny-ass alternative to an I-pod.

How do we get a PSOne PSP emulator by the way? I'd love one if it's going. I can never find roms or emulators for the newer consoles sadly.

Confusing! If you want it that bad, PM me. :wink:
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:31 am

You're such a programme pimp GTA; how fitting your avatar looks like Kenny.

I made a little prop sword for my plushie

Yay! Reason to check up on DevArt again. I bought a bubble-sword today. It's like a plastic toy sword but it blows bubbles when you swing it. I'm thinking of using it as a lethal-weapon by loading it with cilit Bang (search for it in YouTube for evidence of Cilit Bang's GLORY) and turning into the next Saddam Hussain on the next boy to try and hug me for no reason. I swear everyone in my school is a THOUSAND times gayer than me/Pip, they're obsessed with hugging me. Well, I suppose I am irrisistable :wink:

I think one of the moderators or administrators should merge all those repetitive threads about the episodes on the site not working

Don't worry; those threads die quickly. Just remember not to repply to them or resurect them, it'll all be fine.

I'll save the details for the Rant thread.

Make sure your wall of text isn't broken down by any sh*tty Mongolians! I hate it when that happens to my posts! (watched WAY too much season six for the Tweek action recently :)). I look forward to seeing how much you kicked ass in the AP Gov (i assume you did, even if you think you failed, that's probas a good sign :))
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Return to “Hot Topics”