The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

marvel_freak_42

Re: The Magnificent Random Rides Again!

Postby marvel_freak_42 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:15 am

teh-lolrus wrote:Randome- I'm in an extremely obsessive fangirl phase over Toki Wartooth from Metalocalypse right now. No, I'm not fighting other fangirls for 'taking him for myself'...I'm just going 'squee!!!' every time I see Toki. I noticed I actually like a little slash, too... Nathan Explosion x Toki Wartooth. Too bad there's a serious lack of Nathan x Toki slash on dA (about 2 pics out of 3,000?!).

Nathan and Toki? Sorry, but it's all about Skwisgaar and Toki! Yeah, I know everyone says that, but c'mon! You doesn't think that? Just go through all that fan art! I'm a William Murderface fan, personally, but my personality is definitely closest to Toki's more than any of the others.

BRMBug wrote:Uh, that's bad... your toe shouldn't be doing that, mkay?
I think as long as it's not purple or black you shouldn't be too worried, but see a doctor buddeh.

It turns out that there was just a little lack of blood flow to that toe. Walking on it more was all it took to get rid of it.
Founder of the Western Orthodox Branch of the Church of Butters!

"The world will know peace when humanity is extinguished."
-- False Awakenings
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:56 pm

GTA: who would actually boast about statistics like those? Hope you don't end up a statistic yourself in there: a victim or a crim :o
All papers have stories like that though, no matter if the crimes happened or not.

HOT TOPIC: We have those stores in the UK too I think: i just thought of this forum when I heard it, i was like 'wtf' for a second.

Punk/Goth subcultures =/= happy rainbow sh*t.

You could be an ironic punk? Or dress differently from other goths just not to conform with them :chaos:

I always wear bright, happy clours, usually with 1960's tv charactars (from Rainbow or Batman) plastered over them. Coz mega retro = mega mental. Obviously. Dangermous clothes kick ass too.

I scared them off by waving my nails and baring my teeth.

I'm getting mecha-maids nails now... must find those scisors, before I'm tempted into combat... why didn't you threaten to poison their kids with lead or something, in the creepiest asien accent you could muster, that'd work too :P

I'm up to about a size 5; I used to fit in size 0 or 1 before then...

Size 5 isn't fat... well, british size 5 at least...

Did I mention the stuff there is really expensive?

The OTHER/main reason i wear happy clothes with 60's kids shows branded on them is that they're cheap as the fabric they're printed on :)

It'll give me some producing experience too, since in a few months I'll be working on a movie with somebody.

Extreme coolness. Colledge home movie or blockbuster hit?

Potato sack? POTATOS ARE IMMORAL!
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:58 pm

GTA: who would actually boast about statistics like those? Hope you don't end up a statistic yourself in there: a victim or a crim :o
All papers have stories like that though, no matter if the crimes happened or not.

HOT TOPIC: We have those stores in the UK too I think: i just thought of this forum when I heard it, i was like 'wtf' for a second.

Punk/Goth subcultures =/= happy rainbow sh*t.

You could be an ironic punk? Or dress differently from other goths just not to conform with them :chaos:

I always wear bright, happy clours, usually with 1960's tv charactars (from Rainbow or Batman) plastered over them. Coz mega retro = mega mental. Obviously. Dangermous clothes kick ass too.

I scared them off by waving my nails and baring my teeth.

I'm getting mecha-maids nails now... must find those scisors, before I'm tempted into combat... why didn't you threaten to poison their kids with lead or something, in the creepiest asien accent you could muster, that'd work too :P

I'm up to about a size 5; I used to fit in size 0 or 1 before then...

Size 5 isn't fat... well, british size 5 at least...

Did I mention the stuff there is really expensive?

The OTHER/main reason i wear happy clothes with 60's kids shows branded on them is that they're cheap as the fabric they're printed on :)

It'll give me some producing experience too, since in a few months I'll be working on a movie with somebody.

Extreme coolness. Colledge home movie or blockbuster hit?

Potato sack? POTATOS ARE IMMORAL!
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Cerisa_Roz

Postby Cerisa_Roz » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:10 pm

Despite stress today, I managed to make the buckles for my cosplay. Unfortunately, it was a bunch more stress trying to shape and get the FIMO clay to NOT have cracks in it, and it took a few tries to make it look halfway decent. The clay becomes harder to work with the longer you try, too. And then when your mom gets involved and then screams and bitches at you for being a 'freak' (stressing)...ugh.

In making the one wallet chain clip 'buckle', I found that I made it thick enough to where I can't clip the chain on and will have to find some way to get it hanging from the bottom. I'll also have to find some sort of clip to glue to the back of it to attach to my belt.

For the belt buckle itself, I'm going to have to superglue it to an oval buckled-belt I was lucky enough to find at the thrift store. I had to get extra holes punched in the belt with a hole/eyelet-puncher as the belt wouldn't loop tightly around my waist with the few holes it did have.

Next to do: Punching eyelets in the pleather pants and threading laces through so I can make mock lace-up ones.

I still need to get time to make the vest, but first the zipper has to be altered to be shorter (and replace the pull with a ring). But I got a bunch of the things now. Just need gloves and boots for the costume now, too.

Rosary: Check
Buckles: Check
Wallet Chain: Check
Bracelets: Check
Blonde Wig: Check
Pants: Check

And of course, there's the chocolate. Hopefully I can get an airsoft gun to paint and alter to make the gun, too, but I'm not counting on it yet.

The Matt cosplay's status: Got the goggles now, the gloves, waiting on the boots, got jeans to alter, have the striped shirt, need a wig and gotta get the vest sewn. And then get a wallet chain for that.
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:34 pm

How can you be Matt AND Mero at the same time? Anyway, I await the inevitable photos of this costume parade.

Having trouble with clay you say? That's because it's the DEVIL'S own moulding material. Never ever follow the instructions in the Dreidle song and try making a dreidle out of it, you'll just waste half a week of your life.

Speaking of DN, I've just found out... I'm a Light/ L fanboy, figures. Well, at least the UK gets the DN film on the 25th, yays!
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:41 pm

I can't watch TV right now cause my damn niece is watching Sponge Bob! :evil:
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
cheesypoofs857

Postby cheesypoofs857 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:09 am

Whoo! New season of Deadliest Catch starts tomorrow!
Someone wrote:Lies! None of the guys on here have seen real women!
Cerisa_Roz

Postby Cerisa_Roz » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:09 pm

Had to make a NEW buckle today with my last pack of FIMO, as the last one wouldn't fit over or cover the oval buckle evenly :/

Let's see if THAT one will work now. I used some clay to hopefully make a clip to glue on to the back of the other one (for the wallet chain).

Other things made with the clay: A little ball bit, a heart-shaped skull thing (perhaps for a barette or something), and an amateurish attempt at the stick we see at the end of Mello's "not-rosary" in the anime (they replaced his crucifix with a red stick, got rid of the crucifixes on his gun, his crucifix bracelets and the one hanging up at his hideout, etc. as well as turning his skull wallet chain into a red-and-white beaded chain. Misa had similar censorship done to her crucifix jewelry in the anime *the Madhouse character designers changed them to fleur de lis symbols*, though she appears with cross earrings in one model sheet image and is shown with an unaltered necklace in the first opening).

For the question of how one can do two costumes: Anime conventions (unless they're one day special cons) tend to run for 3 days max (AnimeExpo runs 4, I think, though). So different day, different costume. Some people wear multiple costumes in one day, though that takes a LOT of work. I tried it on the final day at Florida Supercon last June, and had to lug one costume around in a bag while wearing the other, then go into a bathroom stall and switch them.

I eyelet'd the pleather pants, but it's incredibly difficult to shimmy in and out of them already (pleather is clingy), and the laces (no matter how much you loosen them) make it more annoying. It's also a pain to try and get the belt through the belt loops without being rough. They're a bit high-waisted too, so I'll have to make the vest even shorter so I can get the right look going @_@

My back hurts so much, and I'm still worn out. Having class today and having to carry around a big heavy backpack=blargh.

EDIT: Looks like I might have to get more FIMO clay to make ANOTHER buckle attempt :/
Last edited by Cerisa_Roz on Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:15 pm

Japanise people seem to have much fear and hatred of using Christian symbolism publicly: Emporor Myamoto of the Nintendinasty deleted much symbols from his Japanise games when they invaded the western world. mr Zhao of japanise decent?

I made me a jesus cross out of matches once, put it on a string, but they wouldn't let me wear it to school. I make half my clothes myself, if you havn't noticed, too gold-luvin to spend mah shiny coins :)

My backpack = heavier than yours Cerisa. No way it couldn't be, i think I have a black hole in there or something...

Spongebob = JOO gold for mr. Hillenburg.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Butterslover21

Postby Butterslover21 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:37 pm

latley i've been craving pizza rolls... and i can't stop eating them! i've somehow become a pizza roll addict!
honk if you're f*cking steve carell (cause i really wish i was!)

"i like girls with big fat titties, i like girls with deep vaginas" - kenny
teh-lolrus

Postby teh-lolrus » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:20 pm

MF42- No, no, no...I doesn't think that. Okay, I'll give the fans credit for pairing up 'the two guitarists who bicker with each other all the time' (especially after "Dethlessons"), but...seriously... I prefer Nathan x Toki. I think it's cuter...scrawny Toki and leader Nathan...hehe. Expect fanart (maybe even slash) soon.

:wink:

SS- I dunno. A large jump in weight like that is alarming, though.

Poofs- Woot! Deadliest Catch is one of my favorite shows to watch on my free time.

Cerisa- Dang, am I jealous. I wish I knew how to make costumes and stuff. I guess the best I'll ever be sewing are plushies and midget pillows.

:oops:

SS- My backpack has a disturbingly fast digestive system. I always have to carry around my important papers, because that demented thing devours and dissolves all important papers and forms within half an hour.

Randome- I figured out that hair burns pretty crispy yesterday. I was playing with a candle yesterday, and I leaned in to see why the flame was flaring up a lot higher than usual (turns out the wick was screwed up). A few of my hairs caught fire on the tips... They turned white at the tips, got brittle, and snapped off. Thank goodness I had a cup of water near... Surprisingly, people don't really see it (it wasn't too bad).

:lol:
._.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:44 pm

I never realized how bad my city was, up until the last few days. And if it isn't that bad, my newspaper sure has a problem with violent news. The NEW news:

"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
cheesypoofs857

Postby cheesypoofs857 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:17 pm

I wonder if this actually works. *ahem*

WHEN I WAS....
Blue Twilight

Postby Blue Twilight » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:34 am

...A YOUNG BOY...

[...hey, anyone notice that there's a Pip Tweek and a Butters Kenny? The unlucky blonde quartet strikes again!]
Illegitimi non carborundum.
cheesypoofs857

Postby cheesypoofs857 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:21 am

MY FATHER....

[Wow. You think Randy's been on any of the Chans?]

Return to “Hot Topics”