The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

Altanox

Re: The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Postby Altanox » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:48 pm

Y'all should check out "Evolution 2: Far Off Promise" for the Sega Dreamcast. BEASTLY game.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:18 am

There's a place near me that not only sells beef jerky, but also buffalo jerky 8)
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:58 pm

Thuper-dooper Randome...

Mkay, My birthday-day did not start out well. I managed to punt my cellphone across Mac Arthur just before morning rush-hour while running to beat the light. I thought I had just kicked a piece of metal wire or something. I had my headphones on, and I didn't realize I had lost it until I was about 3/4 of a mile away, and by the time I got back, it had been pummeled by traffic pretty good. I never found the battery cover or sim card. My worst fear about that is that someone saw the sim, picked it up, and is texting their balls off on my account. Probably not, but :/ I'm paranoid like that. I thought I could salvage the memory card, but it must have been to badly crushed to work. I couldn't even get it to read.
I did manage to go and get my old Nokia 6102 going until a replacement comes, but the replacement is the new 6350. I don't like it as much as my 6650. I f*cking loved that thing! It was awesome, and of course, being so awesome, they haven't made it in almost a year. :evil: It had a better display, better interface, better OS, and seemed much more durable being mostly cast aluminum. Then again, the 6102 is all plastic, and it lasted me for 3 years. So anyway, after I picked up the pieces, I walked back home and drove to Whataburger where I noticed that my driver's license expired today... well, yesterday. So I went and took care of that, but I had to be out of there before 9:45 to take my Aunt to the airport, or so I thought. I did manage to get out of there with loads of time to spare, but I get to her place just before 10, and she's not there. She went on a last-second bank run. :roll: I just sat in my car fixing some little things on it, and reading the newspaper.
After I dropped her off, I went to AT&T, and got the ball going on the cellphone thing. Then caught up on here, and got caught up in the whirlwind of a regular day. I got a cake, but didn't get a chance to have a slice until this morning. I was so f*cking tired last night that I was struggling to stay awake at 9pm. So, so far all I've gotten is $30 of iTunes cards, ...a phone, I guess, and some money. I think I'm gonna try and find a Bluray player that does region-free DVD playback.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:23 pm

This Day In History (October 30):

1485: Henry Tudor crowned King of England. Henry Tudor, who was crowned Henry VII on this day in 1485, founded the Tudor dynasty, ended the Wars of the Roses, used his children's marriages to build alliances, and singed treaties that increased England's power.

1974: Muhammad Ali knocked out George Foreman in the "Rumble in the Jungle," regaining the world heavyweight boxing title.

1938: Orson Welles' radio dramatization of H.G. Wells' War of the Worlds caused a national panic as thousands of listeners feared a genuine invasion from the planet Mars.

1905: Emperor Nicholas II issued the October Manifesto, bringing the end of unlimited autocracy in Russia and ushering in an ear of constitutional monarch.

1895: German bacteriologist and pathologist Gerhard Domagk, recipient of the 1939 Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine for his discovery (announced in 1932) of the antibacterial effects of Prontosil, was born.

1340: An allied force of Castilian and Portuguese Christians defeated the Muslim Maarīnids of North Africa at the Battle of Rio Salado

130: The Roman emperor Hadrian officially founded the city of Antinoöpolis in ancient Egypt.

The above is both Randome and true :mrgreen:
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:59 pm

Randome: Okay, channel 13 (pbs) is doing a One Star Theater-athon, showing all the great old B movies, and just look at what someone did on the listings...
:lol: It's not a spanish station, nor is it dubbed in spanish. Wtf?

ps: Carnival of Souls is quite possibly my favorite B movie of all time.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:05 am

BOOOOO!

Happy Halloween!!!

:zombiekenny:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:24 am

I didn't mention the funny thing that happened Saturday.

Early that day, my gf and I were out and around town, and after a while, we were catching the bus back to her place.

The rain was going all morning and afternoon, and just before our bus reached us, the last vehicle came by and splashed us.

It was, of all things, a fire truck.

I got a laugh from a few people on board the bus by saying, "I didn't even see any smoke around there."
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:34 am

BRMBug wrote:Randome: Okay, channel 13 (pbs) is doing a One Star Theater-athon, showing all the great old B movies, and just look at what someone did on the listings...
:lol: It's not a spanish station, nor is it dubbed in spanish. Wtf?

ps: Carnival of Souls is quite possibly my favorite B movie of all time.

Plan 9: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052077/

That "B" movie must have been dubbed in Spanish, and either the listing wrote the wrong version, or the PBS station did indeed play it in Spanish. Did you happen to catch any of it to see if it was in Spanish or not? The film was made - but in English. I wonder which version Channel 13.1 actually broadcast: Spanish or English version.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:33 am

AngusMcTavish wrote:I didn't mention the funny thing that happened Saturday.

Early that day, my gf and I were out and around town, and after a while, we were catching the bus back to her place.

The rain was going all morning and afternoon, and just before our bus reached us, the last vehicle came by and splashed us.

I got a laugh from a few people on board the bus by saying, "I didn't even see any smoke around there."

Well, I guess y'all just make a really hot couple. :mrgreen:
zzyzx 1 wrote:Plan 9: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052077/

That "B" movie must have been dubbed in Spanish, and either the listing wrote the wrong version, or the PBS station did indeed play it in Spanish. Did you happen to catch any of it to see if it was in Spanish or not? The film was made - but in English. I wonder which version Channel 13.1 actually broadcast: Spanish or English version.

Yes I saw it, I had just been watching Carnival'. And no, it wasn't dubbed. I just got a kick out of the title being posted in Spanish for some reason, and got really tickled at the "Espacio Exterior" part for some reason. Oh dammit! I didn't think to check the "info" function on my tuner to see what it said. Maybe I should have also checked to see if SAP was in Spanish or not.
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:47 am

BRMBug wrote:
AngusMcTavish wrote:I didn't mention the funny thing that happened Saturday.

Well, I guess y'all just make a really hot couple. :mrgreen:

Cute. :lol:
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:36 pm

Randome: Why is it that every "discount perfume" store you pass by in a mall smells like potty? I've noticed this at a couple of malls around recently. I really feel sorry for the people who have kiosks right out side of them that have to deal with the wee-like aroma all day long.

Double-randime: I wound up walking several miles today and found myself at Half Price Books. I managed to come out of there with some stuff, but there's an 80% chance of rain, and I managed to get caught in it. I ducked into a Starbucks, and was still a good 4 miles from home. I was going to wait it out, but my Dad decided to take a half day, and he wound up picking me up. Then I managed to drop my iPod in the gutter when I was getting out of his truck. Image It still seems to work, but I'm going to let it sit and dry out for a couple of days before I try and use it again.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:45 pm

Super fun-happy link of the day:
Merry Christmas everybody. Take special note of the related content.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:13 pm

Unwise sayings!
Lucky numbers!
Bread!
Toast!
Trees on Trolls!
Sound quality of Treed Trolls!
Chicken Wings!
Chinese!
White Devils!
Waffles!
Penises!
That's how it's down here on the farm!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:55 pm

Praised be to Half-Cat!

monkeypox thursday.
PanFlute

Postby PanFlute » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:57 pm

This must be a Jersey thing, right?
If you see a Peruvian Flute Band:
---------------------------------------------------
● Do not approach it
● Mark down the Flute Band's location
● DO NOY buy their Cds

---------------------------------------------------

Return to “Hot Topics”