The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

James--76

Re: The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Postby James--76 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:35 pm

Hayley B wrote:
James--76 wrote:While in the attic yesterday i found a betamax machine with 3 tapes it weights about a ton too, so i hooked it up my old portable tv, bloody things so noisy click clunk as you press the play and stop buttons found some old tv shows from the 80s. I will look through the rest later today to see what other gems i find.

Sounds pretty cool.

Yeah i found some cool shows i will keep these and put them onto dvd-r someday. :)
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:35 pm

Oh, when you said "Betamax", I was thinking of the U-Matic tapes that are the size of a Bible and primarily used by professionals. I used to love playing with the umatic machine in school because they all had the pop-up tape transport.
When I was working on Dad's turntable a couple of weeks ago, I asked him if he could dig up the manual so I could see if it gave any directions for oiling the thing. (It didn't) but in amongst the papers were all the manuals and paperwork for his stereo amp, tuner, speakers, both cassette decks, reel-to-reel, our first TV, our first VCR, and some speakers he had in his Chevy Monza 31 years ago. :lol: It's kinda awesome. I might try and post some scans of stuff later.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:35 pm

BRMBug wrote:I've almost thought about starting a McRib thread just so I can post this...
The McRib Double-Down :stanpuke:

Elsewhere in the world...
Nooooooo! RTV is having trouble connecting to whatever satellite they need to to be able to show Wolfman Mac's Chiller Drive-In Theater! Gahhh!

Holy crap!

Ever had In-N-Out's 4x4? Or the 100x100? (some students had In-N-Out make them a 100x100 and they split the thing between them. Burp.)
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Hayley B

Postby Hayley B » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:58 pm

Hopefully if I get a chance to goto California again. I'm going to try In-N-Out. They talk about the burgers are awesome and these Animal fries.
Hayley B: My own name Location: Delaware,USA
Favorite South Park Character: *too many* But I like Kenny,Kyle,Cartman,Butters,Satan,& Damien.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:11 pm

Hayley B wrote:Hopefully if I get a chance to goto California again. I'm going to try In-N-Out. They talk about the burgers are awesome and these Animal fries.

Here's the current In-N-Out not-so-secret menu:

http://www.in-n-out.com/secretmenu.asp
James--76

Postby James--76 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:59 pm

zzyzx 1 wrote:
Hayley B wrote:Hopefully if I get a chance to goto California again. I'm going to try In-N-Out. They talk about the burgers are awesome and these Animal fries.

Mmmm fattening 'drool'
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Hayley B

Postby Hayley B » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:27 pm

zzyzx 1 wrote:

Wow, now I understand what Big-Will meant about the "4 X 4". I couldn't do that. The Animal Style fries sound good. I have seen pictures of it. It has 1000 Island dressing in it. I would love to try it. But looks like I would need some help.

Thank you for showing zzyzx 1. :)
Favorite South Park Character: *too many* But I like Kenny,Kyle,Cartman,Butters,Satan,& Damien.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:53 pm

Big-Will wrote:Ever had In-N-Out's 4x4? Or the 100x100? (some students had In-N-Out make them a 100x100 and they split the thing between them. Burp.)

:shock: no. not-not quite. But I saw it's pic here. I've never been to an In & Out. I've never traveled close enough to one to visit actually. We are supposed to get one somewhere in Dallas in the next year or so.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:05 pm

BRMBug wrote:
Big-Will wrote:Ever had In-N-Out's 4x4? Or the 100x100? (some students had In-N-Out make them a 100x100 and they split the thing between them. Burp.)

:shock: no. not-not quite. But I saw it's pic here. I've never been to an In & Out. I've never traveled close enough to one to visit actually. We are supposed to get one somewhere in Dallas in the next year or so.

@Hayley B: Your welcome :)

@Bug: In-N-Out is still a family owned business - no franchises like McDonalds. So when In-N-Out started to expand, they started near their first store in Baldwin Park, CA, just east of Los Angles; now they are in several States. But they are all company owned; no franchises. They imo makes the taste of their food so good :D
Hayley B

Postby Hayley B » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:10 pm

I was wondering why they don't have restaurants out east? I know if they ever did, Delaware would be the least thought of for now.
James--76

Postby James--76 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:50 pm

Never heard of those in out resturants before not got any in england shame it sounds really nice.

Hayley B

Postby Hayley B » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:00 am

James: England question. Have you ever heard of Pinky and Perky before?

BRMBug wrote:

That's a whole piglet.
James--76

Postby James--76 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:04 am

Ah yeah those 2 puppet pigs

Hayley B

Postby Hayley B » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:22 am

James--76 wrote:Ah yeah those 2 puppet pigs

Yay! So far I only gotten 2 people from the UK that know them. I just learned about them early this year. I think they are so cute (the puppets are cute . Not the cartoon).
James--76

Postby James--76 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:45 am

Hayley B wrote:
James--76 wrote:Ah yeah those 2 puppet pigs

Yay! So far I only gotten 2 people from the UK that know them. I just learned about them early this year. I think they are so cute (the puppets are cute . Not the cartoon).

LOL cool

Return to “Hot Topics”