The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

Blue Twilight

Re: The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Postby Blue Twilight » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:50 am

HAYLEY!!! Welcome back; I was beginning to think you disappeared forever.

And happy birthday, stanluv25! *hugz*

Anywayz, two major updates as to why I haven't been here-- I am now employed full-time at a group home (my other jobs were more like unpaid internships...) and have been officially accepted into medical school and will be sending the official deposit come Monday. Best part is, it was my first choice and I don't need to relocate and consequently find a new job.
Illegitimi non carborundum.
Hayley B

Postby Hayley B » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:06 am

Thank you BT. Good to see you again.

I have been back since The Coon & Friends episodes. I always seem to come on here, when they really make great episodes. It makes me want to talk about South Park again. :D

I am extremely happy that Kenny is Mysterion.

How have you been?
Hayley B: My own name Location: Delaware,USA
Favorite South Park Character: *too many* But I like Kenny,Kyle,Cartman,Butters,Satan,& Damien.
Blue Twilight

Postby Blue Twilight » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:27 am

I'm quite well; just very busy as of late :P Taking a few extra university courses and working a lot. Now that I know I'm going to medical school, the next big hurdle is to be capable of paying for it.

Unfortunately I haven't seen any of the new South Park episodes as I am without cable, but I'm definitely going to watch them once free time rolls around. The community definitely keeps your interest in the show alive!

And how have you been?
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:36 am

Blue Twilight wrote:
Anywayz, two major updates as to why I haven't been here-- I am now employed full-time at a group home (my other jobs were more like unpaid internships...) and have been officially accepted into medical school and will be sending the official deposit come Monday. Best part is, it was my first choice and I don't need to relocate and consequently find a new job.

Congratulations! Your career is already off to an amazing start.
Hayley B

Postby Hayley B » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:50 am

Blue Twilight wrote:I'm quite well; just very busy as of late :P Taking a few extra university courses and working a lot. Now that I know I'm going to medical school, the next big hurdle is to be capable of paying for it.

Unfortunately I haven't seen any of the new South Park episodes as I am without cable, but I'm definitely going to watch them once free time rolls around. The community definitely keeps your interest in the show alive!

And how have you been?

Sounds wonderful. Well, I have one real life bad news. I got laid off from my job early November. I'll be alright until May 2011 with the severance. I'm trying to find something.

Right now, I have been kicking back and doing some adventure trips. Going to see movies and going to Philadelphia.

While randomly learning about John F Kennedy and Robert F Kennedy. I have been kind of wanting to goto Washington D.C. and go see where they are buried. But I know that would be a hard challenge for me to do. I would have to spend the night in D.C. to do that. Maybe someday I will.

Been playing The Price is Right on Facebook like crazy. I made to the showcase just now. But didn't win this time though.
Favorite South Park Character: *too many* But I like Kenny,Kyle,Cartman,Butters,Satan,& Damien.
Blue Twilight

Postby Blue Twilight » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:57 am

Hayley B wrote:Sounds wonderful. Well, I have one real life bad news. I got laid off from my job early November. I'll be alright until May 2011 with the severance. I'm trying to find something.

Ouch... I'm so sorry, Hayley. I was laid off from one of my past jobs due to financial reasons and know exactly how you feel. :( Good luck in your job search; an awesome person like you deserves a career you'll look forward to day by day. The adventure trips sound fun though!

Pip Tweek wrote:
Blue Twilight wrote:

Congratulations! Your career is already off to an amazing start.

Hooray, PT is here too! Now the party can officially begin :D

And thank you! The multiple meltdowns, moments of self-doubt, and constant utterances of "what the f*ck am I doing"s were all in vain, thank goodness. I'm still in shock as the letter only just arrived today. Thanks for all of the moral support you've all given as a community and individuals :D
Hayley B

Postby Hayley B » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:21 am

Blue Twilight wrote:
Hayley B wrote:Sounds wonderful. Well, I have one real life bad news. I got laid off from my job early November. I'll be alright until May 2011 with the severance. I'm trying to find something.

Ouch... I'm so sorry, Hayley. I was laid off from one of my past jobs due to financial reasons and know exactly how you feel. :( Good luck in your job search; an awesome person like you deserves a career you'll look forward to day by day. The adventure trips sound fun though!

Thank you. I have been through a layoff before too. But I have been very lucky in the past. I found something right away back then. Right now, it's harder.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:09 am

Blue Twilight wrote:Anywayz, two major updates as to why I haven't been here-- I am now employed full-time at a group home (my other jobs were more like unpaid internships...) and have been officially accepted into medical school and will be sending the official deposit come Monday. Best part is, it was my first choice and I don't need to relocate and consequently find a new job.

Hey, that's great news! Aw, congratulations sweets! :D
KennyKicksAss

Postby KennyKicksAss » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:09 pm

@ BT: Congrats on the job and medical school thing! :D

Randome: Well no one can say I was never on TV, there's was few seconds of me looking very underdressed at the Oxegen music festival on an episode of Fade Street (which is apparantley the Irish equivalent of The Hills). I couldn't stop laughing when I appeared in this review of the episode at about 50 seconds in XDDD

Oh and a belated Happy Thankgiving to my peeps on the other side of the world!
Psycho Mysterion tattoo

Poor Kenny, trapped forever on my back...

Ah, the memories...

Favourite character: Kenny
Favourite episode: Mysterion Rises
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:01 am

I woke up with this in my head today...
http://mp3twit.com/Lj
There's some explanation toward the end of the clip.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:11 pm

wish I could be on longer so I can begin my new story! Grrr!
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:54 am

oh. my. god. Why is it so God damned difficult to apply for a job?
I got notice that AT&T Wireless was looking for a sales rep in Hurst, and started to apply online. There's like a thousand questions and option boxes to tick and fill in, and then after I'm done and it says my application is being processed (which I wavered on because I'm not sure how well I'd be able to diffuse a difficult customer) I get an email saying that I forgot to fill in my Social Security number. And I remembered thinking that it was funny that I didn't see a box for that on there. Well sure enough it was there hiding in amongst the five address location text boxes. I'm f*cking serious, there were five separate address location boxes on there! Who the hell lives in five places at once? Sure I could see maybe two if you're in college or something but gaw! And then once I got that put in, it said I had to fill in a questionnaire to get my application finalized. I go to get started on it, and in the text box it says something to the effect of "this questionnaire has 120 questions and will take anywhere from 30-45 minutes to complete." At that point I was like "No. f*cking NO!" I've spent 2 hours compiling crap for this thing, checking and double checking that I have it all down on there right. I'm not going through any more of this crap for a job that I think would only be minorly interesting, probably won't be that good at, and will most likely only have for 6-8 months. If it was a "dream job" I'd totally go through it. But all that rigmarole for a part-time job pushing cell phones? Huh-uh buddy.
[/rant]
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:51 am

Sorry, Bug :(

It's the economy :(
willowrose

Postby willowrose » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:11 am

Happy Dec 1st everybody.

God bless us, everyone
I don't have a signature
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:20 am

BRMBug wrote:oh. my. god. Why is it so God damned difficult to apply for a job?
I got notice that AT&T Wireless was looking for a sales rep in Hurst, and started to apply online. There's like a thousand questions and option boxes to tick and fill in, and then after I'm done and it says my application is being processed (which I wavered on because I'm not sure how well I'd be able to diffuse a difficult customer) I get an email saying that I forgot to fill in my Social Security number. And I remembered thinking that it was funny that I didn't see a box for that on there. Well sure enough it was there hiding in amongst the five address location text boxes. I'm f*cking serious, there were five separate address location boxes on there! Who the hell lives in five places at once? Sure I could see maybe two if you're in college or something but gaw! And then once I got that put in, it said I had to fill in a questionnaire to get my application finalized. I go to get started on it, and in the text box it says something to the effect of "this questionnaire has 120 questions and will take anywhere from 30-45 minutes to complete." At that point I was like "No. f*cking NO!" I've spent 2 hours compiling crap for this thing, checking and double checking that I have it all down on there right. I'm not going through any more of this crap for a job that I think would only be minorly interesting, probably won't be that good at, and will most likely only have for 6-8 months. If it was a "dream job" I'd totally go through it. But all that rigmarole for a part-time job pushing cell phones? Huh-uh buddy.
[/rant]

I've spent every day for two months that I was not at school looking for a job. I have filled out literally a hundred and tej applications by hand and maybe half that much online and have seen about twenty or twenty five managers four, five times. I have had ten interviews.

Still nothing, thanks to being teethered to school and the bus schedule.
That's how it's down here on the farm!

Return to “Hot Topics”