The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

lollirot

Re: The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Postby lollirot » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:23 am

A buddy of mine, recently and before the middle of August had filled out a count of 327 job apps before being hired for a $10hr job. I went along to support him through twenty so much interviews this year, that he'd gotten reported to of all those 327 applications. One of the main problems is that so many places offer apps when they are not even making a slight effort to hire anybody. And then time ticks, about a year's gone, they have lost employees; usually it's likely more to relate to working condition, wadge and treatment than a simple employee complication as moving...etc. At this point some f*cker will review a percentage of a possible hundred or more backed applications and call a few "saps" because they're desperate. At least, it's that awful in this part of my state. I only assume it must be happening elseware.

Just don't give up, but don't hurl yourself through razor wire stress. Avoid bullsh*t. That AT&T app sounds f*cking absurd.
I'm a minor character fan, proud background sniper and fiction addicted!
Fav-Characters Tweek, Terrance, Red

Snap Krackle Pop it in your mouth and wash it down your piehole with a tall and cold glass of shut the f*ck up :)
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:40 am

Blue Twilight

Postby Blue Twilight » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:02 pm

Thanks everyone!!! :mrgreen:

Arg, job searches are a pain in the ass! The absolute worst interview experience I had was with this franchise I elect to keep anonymous. They have recruiters come to every college campus in the area and most likely get paid per person who agrees to interview, because when i actually got to the site, there were literally about thirty or forty people packed like sardines into the waiting room for a group interview. The process was so asinine; we had to take a million tests related to basic math and daily living skills plus this "moral dilemma" test consisting of questions akin to the Terry Shiavo case ("You are a doctor caring for a woman who is in a coma. Her family tells you to keep her alive, her spouse tells you to pull the plug. What do you do?") and you "passed" by giving them the answers a conservative Republican would give (so in my case I would have failed instantly.) Oh yes, and there was a ten-minute interview that was actually relevant to working at the site. However I walked out about halfway through-- they were simply wasting my time.

I later learned that they are always hiring for a reason-- they treat their employees like dirt, and everyone who gets hired either burns out or gets sacked for not conforming with erratic company policy after a month. I'm glad I didn't finish the interview there.
Illegitimi non carborundum.
Hayley B

Postby Hayley B » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:32 am

Blue Twilight wrote:Thanks everyone!!! :mrgreen:

Arg, job searches are a pain in the ass! The absolute worst interview experience I had was with this franchise I elect to keep anonymous. They have recruiters come to every college campus in the area and most likely get paid per person who agrees to interview, because when i actually got to the site, there were literally about thirty or forty people packed like sardines into the waiting room for a group interview. The process was so asinine; we had to take a million tests related to basic math and daily living skills plus this "moral dilemma" test consisting of questions akin to the Terry Shiavo case ("You are a doctor caring for a woman who is in a coma. Her family tells you to keep her alive, her spouse tells you to pull the plug. What do you do?") and you "passed" by giving them the answers a conservative Republican would give (so in my case I would have failed instantly.) Oh yes, and there was a ten-minute interview that was actually relevant to working at the site. However I walked out about halfway through-- they were simply wasting my time.

I later learned that they are always hiring for a reason-- they treat their employees like dirt, and everyone who gets hired either burns out or gets sacked for not conforming with erratic company policy after a month. I'm glad I didn't finish the interview there.

The company that I worked for love to play alot of games with people's lives too. Sorry to hear that they wasted your time.
Hayley B: My own name Location: Delaware,USA
Favorite South Park Character: *too many* But I like Kenny,Kyle,Cartman,Butters,Satan,& Damien.
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:55 am

The unemployment number rose today to 9.8 percent! :(

No jobs! I am interning. (well actually, that ended today as well) I hope to intern again in the summer, this time for a better company.

I have to go into the "full-time" job market this time next year. Gonna suck :cry:

I will honestly get a job ANYWHERE. I think the name of the game for some might end up being relocation.

But we have an all time number of people just...out of work! They have just given up and now want to scoundrel the paying people out of their worth. That's not fair!

There are too many people today that can claim dissability, or food stamps/welfare. I think the government should crack down on this, and FIND people jobs. We won't like the jobs but infrastructure, enviromental work, military....they all need help!

But that is over people's lines...too many are ever under or overqualified. I don't know if this will ever end! :roll: :evil:
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:41 am

mo303564 wrote:The unemployment number rose today to 9.8 percent! :(

My fault. I got laid off in November.

I'm now an 'independent contractor' until I either find a new job or work picks up. That contracting sh*t is a lot less lucrative in my case.

Unemployment up in November? That ain't good. This is usually when retailers hire more humans for all that gift buying that's usually going on. Good going, internet.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:10 am

What the frig??? Why do I have to keep signing in here every time I visit? I never have to! It usually remembers your name and your good to go for the next month or two. Soooo annoying! I'm sick of signing in all the time! :x
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
willowrose

Postby willowrose » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:52 am

^^ Same things been happening to me. :/ When I start to sign in it'll automatically fill in my sn for me but that little "remember me" button should mean we shouldn't have to actually sign in all the time!! :/ I remember when it used to work, so yeah somethings going on!!! We want answers darn it! ;p

And stanluv- you get adorable points for using "what the frig" ;p ... That's one of my faves. (Grant on TAPS likes to say it a lot along with "what the fetch?" Both awesome. ;) ))
I don't have a signature
lollirot

Postby lollirot » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:11 am

Stanluv25 wrote:What the frig??? Why do I have to keep signing in here every time I visit? I never have to! It usually remembers your name and your good to go for the next month or two. Soooo annoying! I'm sick of signing in all the time! :x

I have the feelin' this was another script fart because, on every website I always save my info and it was asking me to log in every couple of pages! :shock: The server must be failing to communicate with cookies. It has the flu lately!

Snap Krackle Pop it in your mouth and wash it down your piehole with a tall and cold glass of shut the f*ck up :)
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:11 am

Yeah, someone "fixed" something somewhere. We're getting email responses again, but when I go offline or let the page sit for too long (say a couple of hours), it clears all the "new posts" out of the cache. On the up-side, I don't have to clear my board cookies or sign out anymore. And I haven't had to sign myself back in in while either.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:49 am

willowrose wrote:^^ Same things been happening to me. :/ When I start to sign in it'll automatically fill in my sn for me but that little "remember me" button should mean we shouldn't have to actually sign in all the time!! :/ I remember when it used to work, so yeah somethings going on!!! We want answers darn it! ;p

And stanluv- you get adorable points for using "what the frig" ;p ... That's one of my faves. (Grant on TAPS likes to say it a lot along with "what the fetch?" Both awesome. ;) ))

haha, what the frig, what the frick, it's all good. :wink:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:00 pm

Jesus Christ... It is so effin' quiet around here... I could run naked through the BBS and no one would even notice.
lollirot

Postby lollirot » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:30 pm

I noticed that too. Hey, I peep in places like every few hours, including here and wow. I hear digital crickets! I wonder where some people have been for the past couple of days too. It's odd when you've gotten used to always seeing someone around and then they are not. Hmm...beats me.
:frozenkenny:

Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:20 am

I posted here to say no one is posting here. I'm done posting for now.
VACOOLA

Postby VACOOLA » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:31 am

BRMBug wrote:Jesus Christ... It is so effin' quiet around here... I could run naked through the BBS and no one would even notice.

Not true. I'm watching from behind the corner.

Return to “Hot Topics”