The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

Hayley B

Re: The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Postby Hayley B » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:38 pm

mo303564 wrote:The White House isn't hard to find. From the Blue Line (I suppose that is the one you took if your in Arlington) just take that up to McPherson Square. Your about 2 blocks from the White House :mrgreen:

When I was in D.C. I was on the Red Line and had to get off at Farragut North. It's a little bit longer walk but it wasn't bad.

I was in D.C. during the fall. If you have any questions (where there's a good bar that I never visited :lol: ) Feel free to PM me. Have a fun time! :)

The White House really isn't hard to find. But it ended up being hard as I made it to be. I didn't use the Blue Line once I got done Arlington. I wanted to goto the Lincoln Memorial and take one picture inside (so, I walked to there from Arlington) . After I got done Lincoln Memorial. I started to figure out how to find the White House. I walked about numberous blocks until I got to Pennsylvania Ave. I ended finding the back of the White House. Then I turned from that block until I got to the front of the White House . Then I was like Oh my god! once I saw that it is so near to the Washington Monument. But now, I see it wasn't really hard as I made it. I guess all those trees block it a bit?

Yes, I used the Blue Line to get to Arlington. I had a copy of the subway map with me. I started from the Red Line at Union Station and then I transferred to the Blue Line from the Metro Center and that's how I got to Arlington. I used the Blue and Orange Lines alot yesterday. Since my hotel that I was staying at ( Capitol Hill Suites) was near the Capitol South Station.

I was going to ask about that too, with the stations. I was wondering which station was closer from the White House. McPherson Square or Metro Center? I ended walking to the Metro Center. But I would had rather on just gone to McPherson if I knew that was closer.

Wii fit man wrote:Hayley, avoid the jackets and even the long sleeve shirts today..because it's a little hot, actually.

Blue Line, Red Line

Eww, Metro.

I'm back in Delaware now. It was only for one day. But yes, it is hot again. It was so beautiful to be in Washington D.C. :)

I left there around 7am this morning. It was a little chilly this morning.
Hayley B: My own name Location: Delaware,USA
Favorite South Park Character: *too many* But I like Kenny,Kyle,Cartman,Butters,Satan,& Damien.
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:28 am

I know about Capitol Hill Suites. Nice hotel but expensive. I interned at the RNC which is litterally right next to the Capitol South Metro :P

*You're making me wish I had gone this semester as of last now :cry: Nevertheless, I had a blast! :D *

Sounds like you did a lot of walking!! Washington can look small, but trust me it's big.

As for Metro Center, it's a hub spot. I had to take it a lot because I went to the National Press Club often on 14th street. There's a nice Macy's there not too far :wink:

But alas your home. Hope you enjoyed it though. Union Station is nice too. Would have loved to stop at Johnny Burgers (is that the place? it's a franchise restraunt that everyone says is delicious).
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Hayley B

Postby Hayley B » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:11 am

I didn't go big on eating there. But now, I kind of wish I did. Just ate at McDonald's for breakfast and then later Subway when it came to retire for the night. I wish I did something different now.

Well, I'm almost healed from the soreness. My arms and legs have been hurting since I cameback. But now it's only my right leg.

Been meaning to show some pictures.

http://micechat.com/forums/other-theme- ... eport.html

^ My trip report and for full images of my pictures.
Favorite South Park Character: *too many* But I like Kenny,Kyle,Cartman,Butters,Satan,& Damien.
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:37 am

BRMBug wrote:So, you know Lookie from She-Ra? That little Rainbow-Brite wanna be imp thingy? Yeah. Well even in 1985 at the age of 4, I was never quite taken with him... her... it. Even now, some 26 years later, as she pops on the screen, I wish a hearty "die" upon him.
I wonder if I have issues.

What, you didn't enjoy looking for him hiding among the six variations of stock footage spread out over 65 episodes? :lol:

Lookie was a male character voiced by a female. But I don't get the rage. During that era, there were far more annoying characters worthy of a painful death. Trey and Matt killed Strawberry Shortcake in Imaginationland and I was quite happy with that.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:08 am

No. And the few times I did try and search I didn't find him. He was nothing more than an annoying way to end an episode in my eyes.
I don't really remember much of Strawberry Shortcake. I really didn't watch it though. A Robot Chicken bit from last season or so reminded me a bit, but... :/

I've just been sitting here trying to think of other shows I was into as a kid that I can't believe I was into. The only one I can think of right now is The Care Bears.
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:33 pm

I feel like growing up with Saturday morning cartoons was a good thing with school house rock and time for timer and all that stuff. But the other side is that, yes, many of the cartoons were absolute crap that barely sustained a plot and were just half hour toy and game commercials.
Scotland

Postby Scotland » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:49 pm

Its been ages since I last came on here :o
I used to have a lot of trouble with keeping online on this site and it used to be so slow for me.
Now theres like no trouble at all so far.

I just need to find out how to change my current avatar to the character I just created, theres no option to change it and when I do save as forum avatar, I still have my old one >3<
Yeah! So I did! I wanna just smiling!
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:31 pm

Welcome back, Scotland :)

You usually post during the airing of the shows. As to your avy, even with the new avy creator, it still takes some time to go through the system to update it. I'm sure next time you post your new avy you created will appear.

Randome:

BRMBug wrote:So, you know Lookie from She-Ra? That little Rainbow-Brite wanna be imp thingy? Yeah. Well even in 1985 at the age of 4, I was never quite taken with him... her... it. Even now, some 26 years later, as she pops on the screen, I wish a hearty "die" upon him.

Did you find me today? If not, take another look :wink:

In today's story, Bug wants to wish a hearty "die" upon me. :tweek:

I better have She-Ra and The Great Rebellion have a talk with him to break him out of Shadow Weaver's Spell.
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:53 pm

zzyzx 1 wrote:

In today's story, Bug wants to wish a hearty "die" upon me. :tweek:

I better have She-Ra and The Great Rebellion have a talk with him to break him out of Shadow Weaver's Spell.

I was going to continue with the She-Ra theme, but I did an image search for 'Catra' and found this:

Game over, man. :tweek:
Hayley B

Postby Hayley B » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:21 pm

zzyzx 1 wrote:
BRMBug wrote:

I remember always trying to find him too. Though he would make me avoid listening to the show's story while doing so.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:56 am

Pip Tweek wrote:I was going to continue with the She-Ra theme, but I did an image search for 'Catra' and found this:

Game over, man. :tweek:

:lol: omg. I wish you could've seen my reaction to that. I was near cry-laughing. Btw, Catra? Like twice as annoying as Lookie.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:51 am

Randome Double;
I Valdez'ed my driveway yesterday. The weather was nice, but it was windy as hell, and I thought I'd change my oil. I decided to put my catch pan on a couple of phone books to get it closer to the crankcase so when the stream got blown around, it wouldn't go all over the place. Once it was done draining, and I put the plug back in, I should've taken the pan down and put it on solid ground, but I didn't. I managed to knock it down off the books when I was trying to remove the oil filter. :roll: I lost about 3-1/2 to 4 quarts. I rolled the car back, and laid down a whole roll of paper towels to keep it from running all the way down to the street. Meanwhile, I made a mad dash to the store for some kitty litter to sop the crap up. It's all up for the most part now. I still have a massive stain on my driveway though.
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:51 am

BRMBug wrote:Randome Double;
I Valdez'ed my driveway yesterday. The weather was nice, but it was windy as hell, and I thought I'd change my oil. I decided to put my catch pan on a couple of phone books to get it closer to the crankcase so when the stream got blown around, it wouldn't go all over the place. Once it was done draining, and I put the plug back in, I should've taken the pan down and put it on solid ground, but I didn't. I managed to knock it down off the books when I was trying to remove the oil filter. :roll: I lost about 3-1/2 to 4 quarts. I rolled the car back, and laid down a whole roll of paper towels to keep it from running all the way down to the street. Meanwhile, I made a mad dash to the store for some kitty litter to sop the crap up. It's all up for the most part now. I still have a massive stain on my driveway though.

Now post a youtube vid of yourself in all kinds of poses saying "sorry..." :lol:
xtazyo

Postby xtazyo » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:17 am

i was walking the streets of porto wen i got struck by lightening! i did not die but all the atention was great , again , again , again!!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:19 pm

Pip Tweek wrote:Now post a youtube vid of yourself in all kinds of poses saying "sorry..." :lol:

...enh. But here's a giggle. I spread the litter down, then parked the car on top of it. It wasn't until the next day that I moved the car again to get lunch/breakfast, and when I came back, a cat had used the biggest part of the pile. :lol:
I also sprayed it down with some degreaser, and let it sit, but it's didn't do a whole lot. Here's the aftermath.

Return to “Hot Topics”