The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

Ex1lepr0

Re: The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:58 pm

iloveyouguys wrote:That is true. Any teachers here?

Anyway, I'm sure many things play into the perception of time changing with age.

Both my parents, and my stepmother are teachers. The perception of time varies from person to person, however, and I doubt they could relate their flow of time to anyone else, anymore than any person can.
Can't we all just get along?
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:05 am

zzyzx 1 wrote:Have a great summer, everyone!

My next semester starts on Monday and goes through the beginning of December :o

My time on the board will be very limited for the next few months.

See you all when I can!

Ex1lepr0: Good luck in basic :D

~ZZ out!

. . . until later!

Bye ZZ!

Actually, I'll be going through a period of time constraints, too. just not nearly as long.

September or October, I reckon.
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:10 am

zzyzx 1 wrote:Have a great summer, everyone!

My next semester starts on Monday and goes through the beginning of December :o

My time on the board will be very limited for the next few months.

See you all when I can!

Ex1lepr0: Good luck in basic :D

~ZZ out!

. . . until later!

Bye man! Thanks again for making me the countdown! You'll be missed! :cry:
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:40 am

Trying to keep yourself from falling into habit could be hard as you need to if you want to pay your bills I guess. Learning new things as the world constantly changes gets hard if you don't have time or willpower given all your adult responsibilities. Could maybe offset the bits that don't result from the physical bits of ageing, but keeping fit and healthy could help with even that, delaying it at least.

Bye ZZ :(

My period of constraints starts sept 20th, goes on 12 weeks
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:24 am

When I go depends on me, and the reason is I've gotten to a familiar habit of spending way too much time goofing off online. I always require a cutoff time, and with folks leaving soon anyway, I might as well bite the bullet and do it now, sudden and impulsive as it seems.

Recent events have brought about unfavorable change, and I need to deal with it head on. So, yeah, I'm gonna miss you guys, this sucks and here it is, my final moment on the site til October. Goodbye and best wishes to all you crazy diamonds.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:28 am

This site's sure going to feel empty without PT, ZZ or EP. Always new people to come along I guess and it's not like anyone can stay away for good still be missed till they return (even the ones who haven't gone yet).
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:34 am

Pip Tweek wrote:
Wii fit man wrote:My birthday's in two days. (technically)

woot

Just don't suddenly turn cynical all of a sudden.

psssh

I'm past that at this point.

...holy shit I'm turning 18 in two days

I'm going off to college in August...(August 23rd)
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:57 am

In 2 days, you'll be entitled to listen to this

Knowing what something IS, is a pre-requisite for speculating on how it came to be. The less people know about what things are, the more they think they know about it, sadly. Every chapter I read is another book I know I need to read.

Few months ago read a chapter on how a fertilised egg becomes adult, I saw how a few mutations can alter body pattern; 5 mutations separate maize from grass. Today I read how genes are made of small 100 - 300 base sequences that are found in many very different genes, small enough to be made by point mutations and then duplicated and shuffled around to make big new genes. The cure for creationism is to teach what life IS, not to mention the E word directly IMO. I don't know how people would explain things like parts of DNA that don't have a function being more different between species than parts that do, without the E-word, but I'd love to see it tried. More complexity I see, more similarity of repeated parts. I'm studying evolution directly for the first time ever the semester after next ._.

Always been more a WHAT than WHY kind of guy so delayed it. sorry about this just blowing it off my chest. You guys studying anything interesting soon?
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:58 am

Wii fit man wrote:
Pip Tweek wrote:
Wii fit man wrote:My birthday's in two days. (technically)

woot

Just don't suddenly turn cynical all of a sudden.

psssh

I'm past that at this point.

...holy shit I'm turning 18 in two days

I'm going off to college in August...(August 23rd)

It's not all that different when you're 18. You mature when you get your Driver's license, you drink your first beer, and you have a home and a job. Out of those, I've achieved two, and I got fired, so that leaves one.
Blue Twilight

Postby Blue Twilight » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:27 am

Diversity in a nutshell. Genetic mutations are passed down between generations as long as they allow the species to survive. Without our advanced nervous systems and ability to utilize the environment for our own benefit, we humans probably would have died out eons ago. We have extremely poor strength and defense mechanisms given our body size, and our bodies alone are not apt to withstand extreme cold. We are not the "superior species" as creationists tend to believe, and never will be.

Ex1lepr0 wrote:You mature when you get your Driver's license, you drink your first beer, and you have a home and a job. Out of those, I've achieved two, and I got fired, so that leaves one.

I've achieved all four. I suppose that makes me an old fart.
Illegitimi non carborundum.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:41 am

We have extremely poor strength and defense mechanisms given our body size, and our bodies alone are not apt to withstand extreme cold.

Expending energy and materials making defences would be a waste given our behaviour is all we need. We are one of the most complex organisms on the planet but that doesn't make us automatically better; some of the simplest organisms, viruses, are the most likely things to wipe us out! We can adapt the world to us, so are one of the few species that can be top predator any environment. Our knowledge is even helping us fight viruses and other diseases though it can backfire a bit it'll never be better than not doing anything (if every bacteria got antibiotic resistance we'd only be back to the square 1 every other organism lives it's whole life on). Humans are akin to the first oxygen metabolisers or DNA users IMO language and forfought is a great leap forward. But you know WAY More about the mind and body than me I wouldn't want to argue with you on this lol

I heard creationists say they believe DNA changes but don't get how that could make a protein let alone alter the body pattern. Most of them probably just need to know what life is but won't listen if you say it has anything to do with the e word.

Maturity is a long process that continues through life and can go backward. The responsability you get with age gives you a reason to get beer, though the beer doesn't mature you. People in some civilizations don't ever reach some of the western milestones i hear chineese kids usually stay in the same family compound for life, with rising house prices we might end up doing the same here.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
whatwouldwedo W/o SP

Postby whatwouldwedo W/o SP » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:35 am

ok so i just found this website today. easiest 20 bucks i have evr made. al you do is take suveys and it actully works!!
i hope this is not consider spam. i am in no why affilated with the site.this is the reandome thread right? but anywhy if you one to check it out go here. im not a spammer! i hope by now you all know that, its just a cool site.
http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=trevman97
Ahhhhh hamburgerss!
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:22 am

Someone came to my door a few years back with a 200 page survey i got 50 pounds for filling it all in! only did it because it came to my door ._.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:22 pm

Pip Tweek wrote:When I go depends on me, and the reason is I've gotten to a familiar habit of spending way too much time goofing off online. I always require a cutoff time, and with folks leaving soon anyway, I might as well bite the bullet and do it now, sudden and impulsive as it seems.

Recent events have brought about unfavorable change, and I need to deal with it head on. So, yeah, I'm gonna miss you guys, this sucks and here it is, my final moment on the site til October. Goodbye and best wishes to all you crazy diamonds.

Bye PT! It was nice meeting you, look forward to seeing you in October. I'll most likely be in Groton at that point...so I'll have some time, but not much.
cynthia325

Postby cynthia325 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:14 pm

Ciao to ZZ and PT! See y'all around!

Return to “Hot Topics”