The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

BRMBug

Re: The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Postby BRMBug » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:58 pm

Unassumption wrote:
It took quite a long time

As did cooking my chicken in the sh*tty microwave oven here, but it was worth it ;)

why i been having brockoli, quicker to just microwave the f*ckers.
my plates keep melting because i forget plastic microwave plate + oven mode = bad times

Um... try paper plates? Or hit up a thrift store for some Corningware or somesuch.
Barack_Obama

Postby Barack_Obama » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:05 pm

Plastic plates don't melt unless they are "plastic plates", like disposable. There are plenty of microwave safe plastic plate sets, but only reusables. But there were these... not plastic but some weird plates we had made of something that FELT like plastic that exploded in the microwave... I should look for what kind of plates they were.
I have been here since January 2005 with another name. I have seniority. (.__. )

Plants stuff their pollen everywhere, all those kids who get allergies because of pollen have plant sperm in their lungs. Flowers deep throat kids :I

- Unassumption
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:12 am

e. There are plenty of microwave safe plastic plate sets, but only reusables.

They're thick and microwave safe these just aren't oven safe. I put it in the oven for like 30 minutes at 190 degrees. It works in the microwave just not the oven.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Barack_Obama

Postby Barack_Obama » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:38 am

Unassumption wrote:
e. There are plenty of microwave safe plastic plate sets, but only reusables.

They're thick and microwave safe these just aren't oven safe. I put it in the oven for like 30 minutes at 190 degrees. It works in the microwave just not the oven.

YOU FUCKING RETARD.
I have been here since January 2005 with another name. I have seniority. (.__. )

Plants stuff their pollen everywhere, all those kids who get allergies because of pollen have plant sperm in their lungs. Flowers deep throat kids :I

- Unassumption
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:50 am

I put it in the microwave oven AFTER i'd put the oven on for 30 mins at 230 degrees, the microwave was still so hot that it melted when i microwaved something on them strait after... sorry to not properly describe it last time but i've microwaved stuff on them before it's just because the thing was so hot from the oven I was using it as just before.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:31 am

Once again, Corningware. You can use it in the oven, on the stove, and in the microwave. Then you can cover it and put it in the fridge.
Barack_Obama

Postby Barack_Obama » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:33 am

BRMBug wrote:Once again, Corningware. You can use it in the oven, on the stove, and in the microwave. Then you can cover it and put it in the fridge.

I bet you can't go from oven to cold water right away.

- Unassumption
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:15 am

Idk, I've never tried that. I have microwaved stuff right out of the fridge and it didn't blow up or anything.
Barack_Obama

Postby Barack_Obama » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:32 am

But the fridge isn't that cold, and the microwave doesn't heat the plates up too much or too fast, what really makes the plates hot, and fast, is the food heating up and transferring that heat to the plates. Microwaves work by exciting the water molecules in the food and making them vibrate really fast, making heat. Plates have much less of a moister content than food, obviously. That's why the glass plate on the bottom of the microwave is never hot.

- Unassumption
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:49 pm

Yesterday at work I found rat poison in my shoe. Imagine my surprise. I wear those shoes only when I have to get wet, and I don't bring them home with me.
After the inicial "What the..?", came the suspicions. "Who, and why in hell..?"
Then I remebered a dead mouse we found the day before. Son of a bitch made a nest in my shoe, and brought food there. Only it wasn't food. It was anticoagulant.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:01 pm

That's why the glass plate on the bottom of the microwave is never hot.

unless it's in a mocrowave oven on oven mode ._.
i shattered my glass plate from heating and cooling it too rapidly i think :I

t was anticoagulant.

it had a horrible death and bled inside till it was empty be happy with that :)
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:52 pm

Barack_Obama wrote:But the fridge isn't that cold, and the microwave doesn't heat the plates up too much or too fast, what really makes the plates hot, and fast, is the food heating up and transferring that heat to the plates. Microwaves work by exciting the water molecules in the food and making them vibrate really fast, making heat. Plates have much less of a moister content than food, obviously. That's why the glass plate on the bottom of the microwave is never hot.

Well yes I know that, but... oh f*ck it, I can't think of a way to justify my thoughts on that. Everything I write just makes me sound stupidier. :?
Barack_Obama

Postby Barack_Obama » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:17 pm

No, you just try to reply and don't really care, I am sure you KNOW it, though. I am too busy trying to LOOK smart. :mrgreen:

Ha, Maroon 5's singer called out Fox News on Twatter. Yay.

Dear Fox News, don't play our music on your evil f*cking channel ever again. Thank you,

- Unassumption
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:31 am

Maroon 5's singer called out Fox News on Twatter.

Was listening to Tick Tock when I read this Feel less embarrassed now. Used to listen to them in the local cafe a lot so i think of salty chips when I hear that song :)
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Barack_Obama

Postby Barack_Obama » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:13 am

:( Hitchens is almost to where Steve Jobs was before death.

- Unassumption

Return to “Hot Topics”