The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

mo303564

Re: The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Postby mo303564 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:58 am

Hello again! :P

It's not just you. People (younger generations post-95) are really f*ckin idiots. I know I'm talking teenagers but they really are today. The have no self-respect, no morals, no intellect, and they rely too much on Smartphones and electronic devices to get them through life.
...wait, forget that last one cause I think we all use electronic devices too much.

Point being is that society has changed. People are stupid, dumb, immature, lame, obnoxious, inconherent and so many other words that I don't feel like expressing right now :| The worst thing is that...society is NOT helping them. Teachers don't know sh*t today compared to what we learned. Parents are the same way, they are just in a zone of "who cares, my life is too important for you...give me money!"

...and that is how life is right now. :evil:
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Barack_Obama

Postby Barack_Obama » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:01 am

The Lonely Island is music, RTL.
I have been here since January 2005 with another name. I have seniority. (.__. )

Plants stuff their pollen everywhere, all those kids who get allergies because of pollen have plant sperm in their lungs. Flowers deep throat kids :I

- Unassumption
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:33 am

Anyone who used to come on here when I came here like 3 years ago... long time no see. i might post every once and a while, this place has a very chill feel to it that I forgot about

I keep leaving then this place pulls me back; forget if i was superiorsaviour, Pipaul or 2+2=5 when you were last here? I can't believe it's been 3 years already!

Is it just me or are people much more of cunts in the real world?

They might seem thoughtless IRL because you can control how you present yourself more online, or because we have less inhibitions about saying what you really think, or because you can search out who you talk to more so are more likely to find like minded people online than off. That said, only a certain kind of person will post regularly on sites, and they might just be more like minded, or more intelligent. Even if someone online wants to f*ck you over, they're less able to.

People (younger generations post-95) are really f*ckin idiots.

All people are mostly idiots, especially when they're young, give the next gen a chance dude. That said society has been changing and attitudes with it. The older generation is statistically way more likely to believe FOX news than the younger folk, though our education system has been getting shittier in the last 20 years so maybe we're the peak of civilization lol
Parents need a lot more blame than teachers IMO

The Lonely Island is music, RTL.

Too many arguments over what the 'true' meaning of an ambiguous word like music or art is; if we were more clear what we meant by music in our sentence, we would avoid all this BS.

I almost got in serious trouble because of some assh*les who were insecure about their sexuality

I can't believe looking at someone is treated as though it's a crime - it doesn't hurt anyone even if you were doing it. If it's possible to not even know someone did something (like look) how can it be wrong? Taboos on harmless sh*t are the kind of thing the net slaps down.

Is that a can of Pepsi i see on top of the poor dead boiler? I prefer mine cool out the fridge than warmed by boiler. well it won't be warmed because it's dead boiler :I I only say because it looks like the Pepsi logo on the blue can, which is probably paint thinner or something.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:10 am

I don't know why, but this made me chuckle:

(right-click for full image):

Mamont

Postby Mamont » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:16 pm

Unassumption wrote:Image
Is that a can of Pepsi i see on top of the poor dead boiler? I prefer mine cool out the fridge than warmed by boiler. well it won't be warmed because it's dead boiler :I I only say because it looks like the Pepsi logo on the blue can, which is probably paint thinner or something.

WD-40.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:14 pm

Mamont wrote:WD-40.

Ahh yes, the 'fix-it-all' for things that don't move when they're supposed to. :mrgreen:
Barack_Obama

Postby Barack_Obama » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:13 am

I need some for me fan. (metal, not old but made to old standard, kinda cool)

The blades sometimes get stuck and I have to stick a screw diver in the slits of the metal guard and try to kick start the fan....
I have been here since January 2005 with another name. I have seniority. (.__. )

Plants stuff their pollen everywhere, all those kids who get allergies because of pollen have plant sperm in their lungs. Flowers deep throat kids :I

- Unassumption
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:12 pm

Try using your tongue, it's fun!
cynthia325

Postby cynthia325 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:33 pm

mo303564 wrote:Hello again! :P

It's not just you. People (younger generations post-95) are really f*ckin idiots. I know I'm talking teenagers but they really are today. The have no self-respect, no morals, no intellect, and they rely too much on Smartphones and electronic devices to get them through life.
...wait, forget that last one cause I think we all use electronic devices too much.

Point being is that society has changed. People are stupid, dumb, immature, lame, obnoxious, inconherent and so many other words that I don't feel like expressing right now :| The worst thing is that...society is NOT helping them. Teachers don't know sh*t today compared to what we learned. Parents are the same way, they are just in a zone of "who cares, my life is too important for you...give me money!"

eh... I agree with all except the post 95 generation... I have met a lot of ignorant stupid old people as well. I don't know if it's because you can't teach an old dog new tricks or if it's because they really are stupid.

I do see a HUGE change in our society since we all became dependent on electronics. Like that episode of South Park where the internet wasn't working. Can we all remember a time without facebook/texting/youtube/etc. ??? life seemed so much simpler and innocent back then...
Barack_Obama

Postby Barack_Obama » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:23 pm

Orin Hatch of UT complaining about the filibuster by Democrats in 2003:
http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/Sena ... tart=17027

"This has been rampant since we took the majority, the minority is blocking us. :evil: "
Irony.

That's before Obama, they got worse, way worse, after that.

Same rant in 2003:

"APPOINTEES DESERVE AND UP OR DOWN VOTE, ALL OF CLINTON'S GOT AN UP OR DOWN VOTE, WHY NOT BUSH'S?"

Seeing them bitch about the filibuster is hilarious. They are all doing it.

Heritage foundation on proposing an individual mandate for healthcare in 1993:
So our mandate is not designed to micro-manage people's lives. It is designed to make sure that we, who do take responsibility for our lives, are not stuck with a tab for those who refuse to do so. Taking al l these elements together, the Heritage proposal clearly meets the criteria of a conserva- tive approach to health cam reform.

(errors and the like are because it is a scanned document into a digital archive, pic-to-text)

Them today:
Yesterday, The Heritage Foundation filed a friend-of-the-court brief with the 11th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals, reiterating Heritage’s opposition to the individual mandate that is a key piece of the Obamacare statute. This is the first time we have ever filed such a brief—as far anyone around here can remember. But we had no other choice. In its merits brief before the appeals court, the U.S. government quoted a 21-year-old statement by a Heritage Foundation policy expert supporting an individual mandate for health insurance, when Heritage’s view today is to the contrary.

BACK PEDDLE BACK PEDDLE BACK PEDDLE, A BLACK MAN AND A DEMOCRAT AT THE SUPPORTS IT OH NO

Sorry, this is all very old I know, I just find it funny how easy it is to get to the original source material online, the archives have been uploaded for all to see, you weren't safe just because the net wasn't around. :D

- Unassumption
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:39 pm

Like that episode of South Park where the internet wasn't working. Can we all remember a time without facebook/texting/youtube/etc. ?

Dependence on technology is nothing new. Our population relies on it. The population has always depended on whatever the new farming technologies were, from hand tools through draft animals and tractors to fertilizers, pesticides and GM. Until recently most people had to work on farms to sustain the population's food, these technologies we depend on to not live that rural life. The crops and animals we need were selectively bred 'technology' of a sort. We need sanitation technology, medicines and vaccines to live as long as we do and not be plagued by disease so much. We depend on technology for transport, shelter, communication, everything.

Many living things depend on a symbiosis with other lifeforms; predators depend on prey totally, herbivores are 'plant parasites' of a sort, many live inside other organisms, fungi needed for vascular plants roots to absorb efficiently, bacteria fix nitrogen in other plants in return for plants fixing carbon. to mitochondria and chloroplasts needed to respire and photosynthesize which are technically different organisms. Some bacterial and all viruses are 'obligate parasites' that need another lifeform to live.

Every person depends just as much on ideas and techniques as technology that have also been produced. No one is self sufficient nor could we be at these numbers with this quality of life, we need division of labor and for that must rely on each other's labor more. We think and act very different from our brutal and shot lived ancestors but aren't different inside, it's the world technology that's made for us we depend on to act as civilized as we do.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:49 pm

mo303564 wrote:Hello again! :P

n-n-nostalgia alert

I have news for you: the majority of teenagers have been stupid for decades.
Each new generation of teenagers is the same in that aspect. most teenagers (this mostly applies to high-schoolers but it's found in colleges as well) are dumb in some way. When you were a teenager doesn't matter.

You're also generalizing way too much what the hell.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:56 pm

Look at movies about teenagers each decade for proof ;)
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:58 pm

I don't understand how come we haven't died out yet. Every new generation since man could talk gets dumber and dumber, at least according to older people.
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:58 pm

Mamont wrote:I don't understand how come we haven't died out yet. Every new generation since man could talk gets dumber and dumber, at least according to older people.

Every passing generation says that and the fact that we haven't died out is proof they're just dumb.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual

Return to “Hot Topics”