The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

BRMBug

Re: The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Postby BRMBug » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:33 am

cool.

I think I'm the only one watching American Horror Story: Freak Show around here. I haven't seen anyone else drawing any parallels to Dandy and Mrs. Mott and Cartman and his Mom. (seriously, it's been all I can think of so far this season.)
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:09 am

BRMBug wrote:I think I'm the only one watching American Horror Story: Freak Show around here.
I watched season 1, but I didn't like it enough to continue watching.
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:42 pm

Ugh! Sometimes I tend to be such a half cocked clumsy ass it's unbelievable.
I've been brewing on my own for a few weeks now, but still I sometimes screw up. Not the beer, but because of my rashness we stayed 15 minutes longer than we should have.
Note to self: pneumatic valves don't work if the air compressor is off. Who knew! :P
Hayley B

Postby Hayley B » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:06 pm

After rewatching the very 1st South Park christmas special. I'm guessing the "Believe in" part was where they were hoping to see Mr.Hankey in #HappyHolograms episode?
Hayley B: My own name Location: Delaware,USA
Favorite South Park Character: *too many* But I like Kenny,Kyle,Cartman,Butters,Satan,& Damien.
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:15 pm

Hayley B wrote:After rewatching the very 1st South Park christmas special. I'm guessing the "Believe in" part was where they were hoping to see Mr.Hankey in #HappyHolograms episode?
Mr. Hankey is hopelessly became out of date. While we no longer see him, as and another Christmas episode.
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:12 pm

Craig Ferguson has aired his last "Late, Late Show With Craig Ferguson." It was so funny. His one guest was Jay Leno. And the actor dressed up as the horse Secretariat was revealed: It was Bob Newhart :lol:

Bob said that Craig really didn't have the show for the last ten years. It was all a dream. Then Craig woke up as his former character Mr. Wick from the Drew Carey show. And Drew was there - in Bob Newhart's old bedroom set from the Bob Newhart show.

Here's a link to the entire last episode (the series finale) of The Late, Late Show With Craig Ferguson in 720P HD.

Enjoy :D

EDIT

I guess CBS took down their YouTube account associated with Craigy Ferg :?
The above link doesn't work. I will look for it again someday and post the link here if I should find it :)
Last edited by zzyzx 2 on Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:18 am

I didn't cry, but I did feel a little hollow inside after that last scene. :(
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:20 am

A funny thing happened to me today and I didn't know where to talk about it. So I was at Buffalo Wild Wings which is a restaurant and they have a few TV's that have trivia questions on them. So I was on my last sip of beer and was going to do one last question and the question went something like "Which South Park character had a hermaphrodite mother?". So I tell everyone it is Eric Cartman. I was like the only person there that knew it and it was very funny. I just had to share this one. I had a good day this their trivia questions as I was getting like half of them rate away.
What seems to be the officer problem?
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:23 am

Whelp, thanks to THUNDERSLEET STORMAGEDDONG 2015, I bounced my car off a traffic light pole, and curbed my oil pan.
https://twitter.com/BRMBug/status/569883082821541889

On the plus side, I got a tow in under half an hour, and was in a rental car on my way home 3 hours after the fact.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:22 am

My car is totaled.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:09 am

I went and cleaned out and de-modded what I could of the Bug today. I still need to turn over the spare keys, and check the seat-back pockets.
I honestly thought I'd have that thing for 30 years and put a million miles on it. I didn't even get to take it to the West coast.
Seriously, f*ck ice.
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:45 am

Sorry about the car Bug. What kind of car are you thinking about getting next? Will it come with you creating a new User Name? I had a Mercury Mystique and the thing never ran right. After like 15 years the car would just shut off while you were driving it and then the front seat broke and would recline non-stop. I hope you have been saving up because cars cost a lot of money. I could see you getting a new bug if they still make those things or they have jukes and cube cars now for the people that like cars shaped un-sedan like.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:33 pm

I've found a couple of newer Bugs at dealerships out East that fit my criteria for $17 and $19k. There's also a new one here locally that's $26k. Between me and my dad we can put a lot down on it.

I really need to find a new job. Monday, I didn't work because of the weather and the wreck. Thursday I worked 16-17 hours. Yesterday I didn't work because of weather and demodding the car. I don't know if I'll work today because of weather again. In any case, everything I go through for that place doesn't seem worth $10/hour anymore. I need to be making some real money so I can afford a place of my own, let alone a car payment.
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:21 pm

I thought you would want another bug but didn’t know if they made those cars anymore. I never see one these days. I would make sure it has not been in an accident or failed a test or I wouldn’t buy it. Nothing is worse then having to put in like $1000 a year extra just to repair a lemon. My last car was like that and I’d have to spend like $1000 a year fixing an oil leak that was reoccurring. My engine light would always come on like three days after it was reset and had repairs done to it. It was such a shity car. Why do you like Bugs so much? I kind of don’t like them. I’d rather drive a sedan model car or SUV or truck.

I think you kind of are making a mistake missing work for any reason. I used to live in Connecticut and would have to drive for at least 30 minutes one way on the highway to work. Sometimes it would be raining or the worst it would have like a foot on snow on the roads. I always made it into work and got respect for that. The people that call out sick or miss work because of weather get into trouble more. I’d try an avoid that. For me the only thing that kept me from work was diarrhea and or vomiting. I used to work days hung over like crazy but was able to do it. Your employer must be pissed off at you for missing work because of weather. I’d think someone at work would offer to pick you up. I did that for people sometimes because of car trouble or snowed in or DUI.

You only make $10 an hour! How long have you been with your company? That is too little of money. Are there any chances of getting a raise and promotion? If your in a job where you can’t move up I’d say to start looking for a new job. Today you need to make like $20 an hour at least and that still is not that fun. Maybe you could get a room mate when you move out but that is risky as those things never last long. Maybe you should think about going to college? You could start at a community college and take one or two classes. They would probably be easy at first and one class is like 80 minutes twice a week and may have 2 hours of homework for every class though some classes take like 4 or more hours a class day. Well I hope you figure it out.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:24 pm

I love Bugs because my Mom had/has one. When her eyesight started going, she parked it in my grandparents barn and saved it for me. It's been sitting in our garage here for 22 years now. I've done little things to it over the years, but it still needs a whole new engine, a trans. rebuild, and some front suspension work to be road worthy.

I would've gone into work those two days, but we closed early. I pretty much would've gone in and worked 2 hours, then had to go home on ice covered roads. Apparently, no one in Texas knows how to drive on ice. There were 303 wrecks on Monday. Haven't heard the figures from Friday when we had snow and sleet, but I'm sure it's just as bad.

I have an Associates' degree in electronics, but need to get my A+ certification. I think That'd open the door for some of the technical work I want to do. I'm a Merchandising lead at the store. I have other merchadisers under me who make less. I could make $15/hr if I was a Merchandising Supervisor, and I'd have the ability to make some commission. I theoretically have the opportunity to make more money being in sales, but it's straight commission. We have some sales associates that make $500-$800/week. Its the weeks where they make $50-$80 because of returns and cancellations that would drive me totally insane. I had that happen when I was in sales over in the Electronic Components section. I was an okay salesman, but I didn't push the service contracts and credit card applications, and the numbers they wanted me to have for that were terrible. So I bailed out of that position.

As far as the new car goes, I'd love to fold that money into getting Mom's Bug on the road. Dad keeps saying "you need a reliable car with air conditioning and a heater that works" And that may be true. But I've been wanting to get this thing going for 20 years. Plus that leaves me open to make that the BRMBug, and get a slightly more grown up 4dr. GTI or GLI Jetta. Only real issue besides the mechanical problems is that it's still titled in my Paw-Paw's name, and he passed in 1989. I'd have to get all my living Aunts & Uncles to sign paperwork, and get death certificates for my Mom and Aunt Sarah filed to show that no one has any claim on the car. It's not impossible, it's just time consuming.

...It's great being and adult sometimes, isn't it? :|

Return to “Hot Topics”