The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

JamesPup

Re: The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Postby JamesPup » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:04 pm

Well I hope your car situation ends up okay. I’d never want any kind of old car even because of sentimental value. I’d look to getting the A+ certification maybe. $10 is not enough to live on. You will end up homeless on that kind of money. I’ve made $15 an hour and lived by myself and was able to make it but it was very poor and not fun. I couldn’t afford to eat out at all or internet and cable. Though I was paying a high rent and could have got a place for like $200 less a month and that would have gotten me a few more things.

It would be real sweet being an adult if you were rich but having to work 40 hours a week and not make any real money sucks. At least adults can drink and have no real restrictions. I don’t think I would want to be a kid again.
What seems to be the officer problem?
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:48 am

Jeez! I'm really sorry for your car, Bug. Also, I'll keep my fingers crossed that you find a better job.
BRMBug wrote:...It's great being and adult sometimes, isn't it? :|
You said it.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:29 am

Bewm.
2013 Fender edition, 2.5l 5cyl. engine, 5sp manual transmission. Got it for $17,350 with 11,100 miles on it.
Alas, I can't put my BRM's on it. The bolt pattern's different. :cry:
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:14 am

Nice car Bug,11,000 miles is like nothing. So BRM is like rims or something on a car's wheels? I guess I don't really understand your username much.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:10 am

BRMBug wrote: Whelp, thanks to THUNDERSLEET STORMAGEDDONG 2015, I bounced my car off a traffic light pole, and curbed my oil pan.
https://twitter.com/BRMBug/status/569883082821541889

I went and cleaned out and de-modded what I could of the Bug today. I still need to turn over the spare keys, and check the seat-back pockets.
I honestly thought I'd have that thing for 30 years and put a million miles on it. I didn't even get to take it to the West coast.
Seriously, f*ck ice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYPC-YMdJFI
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:07 pm

BRMBug wrote:Bewm.
2013 Fender edition, 2.5l 5cyl. engine, 5sp manual transmission. Got it for $17,350 with 11,100 miles on it.
Alas, I can't put my BRM's on it. The bolt pattern's different. :cry:
Volkswagen beetle, perhaps one of the most recognizable cars in the world. Assembly from Mexico?
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:10 pm

JamesPup wrote: So BRM is like rims or something on a car's wheels? I guess I don't really understand your username much.
I only know that so named brand of racing cars from the UK, though I'm certainly not sure that nick has with this reduction from something common. So it may indeed be an abbreviation of the name of the manufacturer rubber or cast wheels.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:16 am

BRM made some racing accessories for street cars in the late 60s through the 70's. My wheels were replicas of some that were popular around then. I've contacted a source that still has them on making some for this new car, but I'm not holding out any hope. I really want to keep my personalized plates, so if anything I'll try and transfer it to my Mom's 64 bug, and work on getting it running. BRMs are always available for the older VW's.
And yes, the new cars in the states are made in Mexico. Beetle, Golf & Jetta. The Toureg and I think the CC are made in Tennesee? I don't remember off-hand.
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:10 am

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone. I haven't eaten yet and am starving. I can't wait to eat and have some beers.
Hayley B

Postby Hayley B » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:00 am

It's early. But I don't know when I'll be back. So Happy Easter! :)

Just realized that Cartman's later to learn father sounds alot like Officer Barbrady . But I know, most will tend to sound the same.
Hayley B: My own name Location: Delaware,USA
Favorite South Park Character: *too many* But I like Kenny,Kyle,Cartman,Butters,Satan,& Damien.
Milo Vonnegut

Postby Milo Vonnegut » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:21 pm

I.

I've been reading a lot of the bible. I don't believe it. But I've noticed some striking differences in God's characteristics between the old testament and the new testament.

Here are some verses:

NEW "And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them." (1 John 4:16)
OLD "Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man," (Numbers 31:17)

NEW "Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me." (Mark 9:37)
OLD "This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. 3 Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys." (1 Samuel 15:2-3)

NEW "Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law." (Romans 13:10)
OLD "He totally destroyed all who breathed, just as the Lord, the God of Israel, had commanded." (Joshua 10:40)

NEW "[The devil] was a murderer from the beginning." (John 8:44)
OLD " Slaughter the old men, the young men and women, the mothers and children" (Ezekiel 9:6)

NEW "Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour." (1 Peter 5:8)
OLD " Like a bear robbed of her cubs, I will attack them and rip them open; like a lion I will devour them—a wild animal will tear them apart." (Hosea 13:8)

NEW "This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not God’s child, nor is anyone who does not love their brother and sister." (1 John 3:10)
OLD " This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: ‘Each man strap a sword to his side. Go back and forth through the camp from one end to the other, each killing his brother and friend and neighbor" (Exodus 32:27)

NEW "[The devil] was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him." (John 8:44)
OLD "So now the Lord has put a deceiving spirit in the mouths of all these prophets of yours. The Lord has decreed disaster for you." (1 Kings 22:23)

NEW "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." (John 10:10)
OLD "Attack the land of Merathaim and those who live in Pekod. Pursue, kill and completely destroy[a] them," declares the Lord. "Do everything I have commanded you." (Jeremiah 50:21)

NEW "The one who does what is sinful is of the devil" (1 John 3:8)
OLD " However, in the cities of the nations the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes." (Deuteronomy 20:16)

NEW " For God so loved the world" (John 3:16)
OLD " And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them. " (Genesis 6:7)

NEW "But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you." (Luke 6:27-28)
OLD "Treat the Midianites as enemies and kill them." (Numbers 25:17)

NEW "When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone" (James 1:13)
OLD "Some time later God tempted Abraham. He said to him, “Abraham!”
“Here I am,” he replied." (Genesis 22:1)

Even if the contradictions don't invalidate God and/or his existence, they certainly do indicate that God may have a dark side.

II.

It's pretty clear that God, at least according to the bible, has a completely different definition of morality.

Secular/Mankind's definition
Moral/Good = Loving and helping others
Immoral/Evil = Hurting and causing pain to others

God's definition
Moral/Good = perfect; obeying to God
Immoral/Evil = imperfect; disobeying to God

III.

It should be noted that in the Bible, God does want to be people to love and care for one-another. Now, growing up as Catholic Christian, I was taught God HATED Sin. After all there's this verse: “For you are not a God who is pleased with wickedness; with you, evil people are not welcome.” (Psalm 5:4)

But then we have this verse showed up: "I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the Lord, do all these things." (Isaiah 45:7). It plainly says the God created Good AND Evil. There are several verses the support it. Yet in other areas of the bible where God complains about 'evil' running loose in the world.
(both Psalm and Isaiah are in the Old Testament)

So all if this makes me question. Does God truly despise evil? He does he simply not like the two mixed together?
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:33 pm

I don’t know what to say about the bible. Most of it is very boring to me and makes me day dream about other things. The Old Testament seems to be violent and cruel. The Old Testament reminds me of radical Islamists and what they say the Koran says they are allowed to do. The Old Testament explains to me why there were so many religious wars in Europe and around. I don’t know how you can stand reading the bible but it is better then using drugs and being a criminal. If it helps you then more power to ya.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:58 pm

It's almost as if the old and new testaments were written by different people instead of being the exact words of the same all-powerful, all knowing entity. :shock:

:mrgreen:

You read it! You can't unread it!
Tipper_Of_Cows

Postby Tipper_Of_Cows » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:15 am

The Bible is the book that keeps on giving, every time I read it i find some new violent or sexually depraved thing to laugh at. But that's the same with every old book, the past was a violent land with alien morals, which makes it fun to visit but not to stay in!

Return to “Hot Topics”