The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

BRMBug

Re: The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Postby BRMBug » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:42 am

I've been working overnights for the past 2 weeks merchandising & moving schematics in the plano & Irving Frys. Now, my store manager wants me to go to Atlanta for 3 weeks & do the same thing for 2 stores out there. O_O I'm so going! I leave Monday.

Also, both my phone & ipod are acting up, so I'm gonna go get me an iphone6 tomorrow.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:24 pm

gtaca2005 wrote:how come ink for printers costs more than the printer itself THAT COMES WITH THAT INK?
Because you'll eventually need new ink much sooner than you'll need a new printer.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:51 am

Damn it all the River Cats lost their baseball game. I hate going to games where the home team loses. It got close twice as the River Cats got the bases loaded twice but failed to take the lead. I tried all I knew with Randy Sarcastic Ball bull but it did little this time as it had been a game changer in the past as I thought it had helped. It ended up 5 to 8 and with the other team winning. It was Star Wars night too. Son of a BITCH!!!!!!!!!
What seems to be the officer problem?
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:28 am

So it looks like they don't need me in Atlanta. Shame. I was looking forward to the change of scenery for a little while. My store manager didn't rule out the possibility that I'd be doing overnights at another store in future. Maybe I'll get to go to California and can spend my off time hooking up with some of the BBS members for Haglar.
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:44 am

Okay so I don't know what Haglar is but if you BRMBug are in the Sacramento area then I will hang out with you if you want.

I spent today at the California State Fair and it was a drunken fun time. I still have the hiccups after all the fun. I can barely type.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:22 am

Okay, so 3 weeks ago, I was in Austin merchandising overnight for the company. Which went... okay. Last week, I spent 3 nights in the Arlington store, which was a bit dirty but not too bad. (it used to be an Incredible Universe, and is one of the few stores that doesn't have a theme)
Then there's the Dallas store.... ho-ly f*ck. It was dirty, merchandised horribly... Land line phones were spread across 3 aisles, prepaid phones, prepaid sim cards, and top up cards were on damn near different sides of the department, and the Dept. Mgr. and Merch. Supervisor had wildly different and off the wall ideas about merchandising the dept. that were... well, insane.
Not to mention the group I'm working with... well, some of them are pretty okay, some of them have attitude problems, and they've gotten really cliquey over the past few weeks. Especially the girls. Some of them have been downright rude with me and the other guy from my store. We're both trying hard to fight through that.
This whole trip has pretty much worn me the fvck out on retail. I'd quit the second I get home, but I need to get reimbursed for expenses on this trip, plus I have a Doctor's appt. in a couple of weeks to get a wart removed, and need my insurance for that, and I need to see a dentist. (might have a cracked tooth). So... yeah. This had been a very eye opening experience.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:43 am

This is pertinent to the theme of the current episode: When I was working overnights, I had my first regular interaction with a trans-gendered person.
Oh sure, I've had Trans customers come into the store from time to time, but this was getting to know someone a bit more of a personal level. (yet i didn't want to get too-too personal, you know?)
She came from our Indiana store, and well.. she was a bit of a sourpuss most of the trip, honestly. She flat-out said she didn't like being in Texas, didn't like any of the food at any of the places we went, said everything was "too expensive", and was just generally down on the whole experience. :? I did my all to try and make her time here as pleasant as possible, and tried to find something she could enjoy about it, and I think I came close with our trip to Hypnotic Donuts. However, the last week when we were in Houston, her iphone got stolen from the lobby of our hotel. :( Oh well.

If I'm honest, I had a little trouble getting used to calling her "her", because as a guy she was really good looking. (I think I just sent my own brain into hypnosis with that sentence.) I wasn't there for it, but apparently one of the guys on the crew kept calling her "him" at one of the breakfast get-togethers, and she slammed her hand down on the table and snipped back "Dammit, I'm a woman!" :lol: Oh man, I'm sorry I missed that.
I wanted to write about this on here the whole time I was on the trip, because at times she was so Garrison-like it was hilarious. I just wasn't sure how to get started.
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:41 am

Oh really? Good to know!

triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:47 pm

^^^
Oh, so that's what I've been doing wrong!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You read it! You can't unread it!
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:22 am

So I just saw the new James Bond movie Spectre and I loved it. I don't understand why people are hating on it. I loved lots of the parts to the movie more than Skyfall. It has lots of classic Bond scenes that were fantastic. I will admit that I really wish that Spectre the organization had more scenes with them in control of things and there is this great maybe 3 minute scene of a Spectre meeting and a giant table and that should have been longer and there should have been more scenes like this one. I love nothing more than when the villain is played out to be something to envy and want to be like but of course the villains all lose. I really want to see the movie again and I was a little off on what happened with the main Henchmen as some of the villains and all around the characters looked a like at times and so it got confusing. I will have to read the wiki and around to better understand all that happened. The movie had some slow parts and I would just start to think okay so I want to tell people about these boring scenes and then bam it was classic Bond with some action or something interesting happening.

Did anyone else go to see this movie? And if so what did you think of it?

It ends with much more to speculate of what the next movie will be like and it will just be a shame if Craig leaves the series. Also Blofeld's cat is in the movie a little and it was so fun :lol:
Milo Vonnegut

Postby Milo Vonnegut » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:53 pm

I sure hope Samathou is okay, after all she does live pretty to the site of the Paris attacks. She and I were friends on DeviantArt before I shut the account down.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:13 pm

She seems to be okay. Her FB page is active, and her last post there was on Halloween, but she's commented on other people's pages. She hasn't commented on the Paris attacks even up to five hours ago.

Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Milo Vonnegut

Postby Milo Vonnegut » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:49 pm

I've always wondered, what would Quinten Tarantino's movies be like if it had been directed by Trey Parker instead. Particularly Pulp Fiction and Django Unchained.
PariahComplex

Postby PariahComplex » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:35 pm

I'm JesusComplex. I must have used an e-mail address more than once, or possibly used an e-mail address that I no longer use because I cannot retrieve the password. It's definitely my fault because I was never as active on here as others and there were long stretches of time where I didn't post. I know some of the mods tried to help me last year, but I didn't put in enough effort. I'm kind of bummed because it had my actual join date and has all the posts that I made. So even though it says 2007, know that I've really been on here since 2005. I joined when they had that Q&A with Matt in November.

I was 18 and just about to turn 19 when I joined. Now I'm 29 and I'm living on my own with an office job. Weird. Being an adult is weird.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:36 pm

And here's your first post:
JesusComplex on Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:07 pm wrote:When I was in elementary school I was leaning back in my chair and it slipped out from under me and I hit the side of my face against the foreign exchange students chair sitting beside me and I had to get a stitch right next to my eye. It still hurts when the weather gets crappy.
As for the email addy connected to this account, the mods have no control over that. We probably pleaded with nall to fix the problem, but he apparently never fixed it. Your last post as JesusComplex was almost two years ago.

Return to “Hot Topics”