The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

No_substitute_for_you
Board Moderator

Postby No_substitute_for_you » Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:10 pm

Tweek_Tweak wrote::x And who am I?

I'm sorry. I started making that post before you got on.

We have a 3 day school week next week, thanks to Rememberance Day.
fhdjasfhskdlhajkfhskdla
No_substitute_for_you
Board Moderator

Postby No_substitute_for_you » Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:17 am

:lol: Just came back from my sister's birthday party. At the end of supper, we got fortune cookies. You always, ALWAYS, add "in bed" at the end of your fortune. The best one was:

"Behind every successful man, there is another man."

Also, while I was reading the menu deciding what I wanted to drink, I was debating weather or not I wanted milk. There was 1% milk, 2% milk, and homo milk. I laughed SO hard I cried.
fhdjasfhskdlhajkfhskdla
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:17 am

Thanks for the story Missy :D I always wondered what Guy Fawkes day was.
kathythecarmelite

Postby kathythecarmelite » Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:42 am

No_substitute_for_you wrote::lol: Just came back from my sister's birthday party. At the end of supper, we got fortune cookies. You always, ALWAYS, add "in bed" at the end of your fortune. The best one was:

Also, while I was reading the menu deciding what I wanted to drink, I was debating weather or not I wanted milk. There was 1% milk, 2% milk, and homo milk. I laughed SO hard I cried.

That's great! I'll try that next time I open a fortune cookie! :D
No_substitute_for_you
Board Moderator

Postby No_substitute_for_you » Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:23 pm

kathythecarmelite wrote:
No_substitute_for_you wrote::lol: Just came back from my sister's birthday party. At the end of supper, we got fortune cookies. You always, ALWAYS, add "in bed" at the end of your fortune. The best one was:

That's great! I'll try that next time I open a fortune cookie! :D

It is a guarenteed laugh. I highly recommend it.
fhdjasfhskdlhajkfhskdla
No_substitute_for_you
Board Moderator

Postby No_substitute_for_you » Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:02 pm

My teacher is very young. She is only 26. I am doing my best this year to have a decent relationship with her, since my last few teachers hated me for some of the stuff I did. She is constantly complaining about her age, claiming that she has a career, she's only 4 years away from 30, and that the time will come when she needs to quit screwing around.

Our class writes in journals almost everyday. We were supposed to describe our childhood in one of our entries. So, me being 100% honest, explain some of the sh*t that went on when I was younger. One of my sentences was:

"I had a pretty abusive childhood."

My teacher, being the most assholey bitch of them all, claims that what I stated was a complete lie. She said my family were decent people, having only met my mother for a total of 10 minutes. She basically said I was ignorant and intollerent, and I took that offensively. I only said:

"You never met my sisters. You've met my brother, and you know what he's like."

She made a "whatever" face and continued on with her work. I was heart torn. I was so angry I never talked once for the rest of the day. She doesn't understand the constant assing of my family, even though she says she does understand.

She has an awesome life. She recently had a baby girl, and she's married to a football player. She also has a very good-paying job. She says she remembers being an adolecent. She says she understands the stuff I'm going through.

Understood she remembers, but everyone is different. She has know clue what goes on in my head. Or in my life for that matter. She has no buisness in knowing, either. She is doing her best to suck the fowl-mouthed little bastard out of me and replace it with goody-two shoes let's help the teacher fag. I have no intention of caving in on her demands.

She still doesn't believe I'm being honest with her. She still doesn't believe that my family aren't the greatest people alive.

It just blows me away the amount of disrespect my teacher has for me! I'm used to being ridiculed for my beliefs and my priorities, but when it comes down to telling her about my family, I do expect her to do something about it, not ignore my statements and just bitch on me.

I have definitely changed a lot from that day, now knowing how horrible people can put you down. I really lost a lot of respect for her.

Unfortunately, that's what life at school is like. That's only one of my teachers. I have more that are almost just as worse.

I feel like total sh*t.
fhdjasfhskdlhajkfhskdla
kathythecarmelite

Postby kathythecarmelite » Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:24 pm

No_substitute_for_you wrote:My teacher is very young. She is only 26. I am doing my best this year to have a decent relationship with her, since my last few teachers hated me for some of the stuff I did. She is constantly complaining about her age, claiming that she has a career, she's only 4 years away from 30, and that the time will come when she needs to quit screwing around.

Our class writes in journals almost everyday. We were supposed to describe our childhood in one of our entries. So, me being 100% honest, explain some of the sh*t that went on when I was younger. One of my sentences was:

My teacher, being the most assholey bitch of them all, claims that what I stated was a complete lie. She said my family were decent people, having only met my mother for a total of 10 minutes. She basically said I was ignorant and intollerent, and I took that offensively. I only said:

She made a "whatever" face and continued on with her work. I was heart torn. I was so angry I never talked once for the rest of the day. She doesn't understand the constant assing of my family, even though she says she does understand.

She has an awesome life. She recently had a baby girl, and she's married to a football player. She also has a very good-paying job. She says she remembers being an adolecent. She says she understands the stuff I'm going through.

Understood she remembers, but everyone is different. She has know clue what goes on in my head. Or in my life for that matter. She has no buisness in knowing, either. She is doing her best to suck the fowl-mouthed little bastard out of me and replace it with goody-two shoes let's help the teacher f*cku][/u]ag. I have no intention of caving in on her demands.

She still doesn't believe I'm being honest with her. She still doesn't believe that my family aren't the greatest people alive.

It just blows me away the amount of disrespect my teacher has for me! I'm used to being ridiculed for my beliefs and my priorities, but when it comes down to telling her about my family, I do expect her to do something about it, not ignore my statements and just bitch on me.

I have definitely changed a lot from that day, now knowing how horrible people can put you down. I really lost a lot of respect for her.

Unfortunately, that's what life at school is like. That's only one of my teachers. I have more that are almost just as worse.

I feel like total sh*t.

I'm sorry.

One of the hallmarks of abuse is the abusers' "public good show" for outsiders. That way nobody gets suspicious about home life.

Kids aren't "troublemakers" or "weirdos" or "bad seeds" in a vacuum. In the US, public school teachers and guidance counselors have such sensitive antennae to family abuse that they can seem silly! But questions are asked.

Sometimes regular (i.e. FLAWED but not cruel) parents here are worried that nosy school people will find something wrong and have their kids taken away.

I've found that not to be the case.

I hope your family can right any wrongs that are happening. I hope you find a person in authority to trust.

And I hope you can manage to transcend other people's wrong conclusions. :?
No_substitute_for_you
Board Moderator

Postby No_substitute_for_you » Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:36 pm

kathythecarmelite wrote:I'm sorry.

One of the hallmarks of abuse is the abusers' "public good show" for outsiders. That way nobody gets suspicious about home life.

Kids aren't "troublemakers" or "weirdos" or "bad seeds" in a vacuum. In the US, public school teachers and guidance counselors have such sensitive antennae to family abuse that they can seem silly! But questions are asked.

Sometimes regular (i.e. FLAWED but not cruel) parents here are worried that nosy school people will find something wrong and have their kids taken away.

I've found that not to be the case.

I hope your family can right any wrongs that are happening. I hope you find a person in authority to trust.

And I hope you can manage to transcend other people's wrong conclusions. :?

Thanks for your concern. It really means a lot. :)
fhdjasfhskdlhajkfhskdla
Killahertz9

Postby Killahertz9 » Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:41 pm

No_substitute_for_you wrote:My teacher is very young. She is only 26. I am doing my best this year to have a decent relationship with her, since my last few teachers hated me for some of the stuff I did. She is constantly complaining about her age, claiming that she has a career, she's only 4 years away from 30, and that the time will come when she needs to quit screwing around.

Understood she remembers, but everyone is different. She has know clue what goes on in my head. Or in my life for that matter. She has no buisness in knowing, either. She is doing her best to suck the fowl-mouthed little bastard out of me and replace it with goody-two shoes let's help the teacher f*cku][/u]ag. I have no intention of caving in on her demands.

I feel like total sh*t.

Hang in there, we are all people, and we are all flawed.

My brother is a 2nd grade teacher and I help him out by volunteering my time as much as I can, to help him and his students. He's only 29 and it's his first gig. He's the only male teacher in his school and he said, most of the women who work in his school, are self absorbed married women who teach so they don't stay at home and stare at the wall.

I can relate to your background, but I surely can never truley understand what you went, or are going through. Only you can. Anybody who say's they do, is full of sh!t.

Here's the only advice I can offer you. "What you go though in life doesn't really determine who you are, it's the choices you make that will."
Old.Lady.Escobar

Postby Old.Lady.Escobar » Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:31 pm

Killa, you give great advice.

Unfortunately, I have also come across many teachers who don't seem to actually like kids-- or teaching for that matter. No_substitute, you don't need the respect of someone like that anyway.

I hope you feel better. :)
No_substitute_for_you
Board Moderator

Postby No_substitute_for_you » Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:45 pm

I am quite grateful I have come across you people. You all just kick ass.
fhdjasfhskdlhajkfhskdla
kathythecarmelite

Postby kathythecarmelite » Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:01 am

There's a great book that was written in 1979. It was a gigantic best-seller in the US for many years. I came across it in 1990, and it really helped me sort out reality from abuse. And then it gave me concrete advice on how not to fold up--how to maintain my integrity in the situation I was in.

It's called The Road Less Traveled, by Dr. M. Scott Peck.

It may seem a little dated, because he was one of those old-time "lie on the couch" psychotherapists sharing his observations; but there's so much useful WISDOM in there for knowing what's true and what's false about yourself (no matter what kind of negative crap you're constantly fed) that I think it'd be worth a look.

I'll bet your library has it.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:16 am

I agree, you should follow Killa's advice, and I am sorry to hear that your teacher was so cold to you. Since I have never met her, I do not know what her reasoning was behind believing that her one meeting with your mom was a more accurate representation of your family life than your paper. Maybe, she is self absorbed. But, don't worry about her, if you have problems, we will listen to you.
Killahertz9

Postby Killahertz9 » Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:30 am

Old.Lady.Escobar wrote:Killa, you give great advice.

Unfortunately, I have also come across many teachers who don't seem to actually like kids-- or teaching for that matter. No_substitute, you don't need the respect of someone like that anyway.

I hope you feel better. :)

Thanks, in that case, my advice is for you to pack up your bags and move down to So-Cal so we can start making babies and take over the world with Gin and Wine Drinking baby geniuses. :wink:
missycartman

Postby missycartman » Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:39 pm

wow , its nearly dark here , oh well im in for the night , i ve had a great weekend :D , how has your weekend been ?

Return to “Hot Topics”