The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

IneedBoutTREEFIDDY

Postby IneedBoutTREEFIDDY » Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:48 pm

You know what really grinds my gears? Algebra 2, whats the point, I mean, what's it ofr, what it is for? Am I going to need to know it to get my license, no, am I going to be a math teacher, no, what is it for? Am I going to need to know f(x)=23.5x+3 to get a job, no. Why do we need algebra? And that's what really grinds my gears.
Setting the standard since 1852
Bat girl

Postby Bat girl » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:04 pm

DarkDucky wrote:
Bat girl wrote:
triplemultiplex wrote:Tag body spray is the biggest marketing scam ever.

yeah but tag body spray for sick cats kicks ass!

the words "tag body spray" and "kicks ass" have never been used in the same sentance before.

well i guess there is a first time for everything
ImageImageImage
kaileykorn

Postby kaileykorn » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:43 pm

IneedBoutTREEFIDDY wrote:You know what really grinds my gears? Algebra 2, whats the point, I mean, what's it ofr, what it is for? Am I going to need to know it to get my license, no, am I going to be a math teacher, no, what is it for? Am I going to need to know f(x)=23.5x+3 to get a job, no. Why do we need algebra? And that's what really grinds my gears.

I feel that way about chemistry. We're learning heat problems, and to make it worse, my chem teacher is trying to apply it to everyday life. "The next time you're putting ice in your cup, instead of just mindlessly wasting one of earth's resources, you can caculate how much ice you need EXACTLY to cool off your drink." My response to that was, "Who DOES that?"
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:50 pm

kaileykorn wrote:I feel that way about chemistry. We're learning heat problems, and to make it worse, my chem teacher is trying to apply it to everyday life. "The next time you're putting ice in your cup, instead of just mindlessly wasting one of earth's resources, you can caculate how much ice you need EXACTLY to cool off your drink." My response to that was, "Who DOES that?"

Me! That's who! I've figured it to one moderate sized ice cube per 8oz of room temperature beverage. I use a half cube if the liquid was in the fridge and nothing if it was at a freezing temperature.

Okay, so I don't do that, I'm not touched in the head.
Brave_Sir_Ribbit

Postby Brave_Sir_Ribbit » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:40 pm

RIP John Lennon, God Bless your soul.
The BBS' #1 Conan fan. The BBS' Official Retired assh*le.
farswept

Right On, Bro

Postby farswept » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:57 pm

^ God bless you, BSR, and God damn that stupid fukk, Chapman.
Damn, dude, China is f^cked-up!
I love you guys . . . (aw, screw you guys.)
kaileykorn

Postby kaileykorn » Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:22 am

Tweeks_Coffee wrote:
kaileykorn wrote:I feel that way about chemistry. We're learning heat problems, and to make it worse, my chem teacher is trying to apply it to everyday life. "The next time you're putting ice in your cup, instead of just mindlessly wasting one of earth's resources, you can caculate how much ice you need EXACTLY to cool off your drink." My response to that was, "Who DOES that?"

Me! That's who! I've figured it to one moderate sized ice cube per 8oz of room temperature beverage. I use a half cube if the liquid was in the fridge and nothing if it was at a freezing temperature.

Aha, I knew it, T_C! You were always a dork though, weren't you? :wink:
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:36 am

kaileykorn wrote:Aha, I knew it, T_C! You were always a dork though, weren't you? :wink:

Now way! How dare you accuse me of such things! Why I'm so mad I'm going to go kill goblins on D&D, my clan will have a grudge against you forever more! First I have to go study my AP Celestial Physics though, I've got a test in two months, and I've done barely any studying. Now where is my cloak, it's cold outside.

EDIT: I just took a major spill in the snow when I was walking my dog. It's been snowing for a few hours now, but it's already dropped about 4 inches. Now my knee and elbow are killing me, I also got to look thoroughly stupid out there so it's been a full evening.
treefiddy_350

Postby treefiddy_350 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:05 am

Its suppose to snow around here at midnight through mid morning. Love the snow.
Member# 325291
jaydawGtwo04

It Better Snow

Postby jaydawGtwo04 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:29 am

It better Snow and We better not have School because I'm staying up late and if we have School I'll be really really tired.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:59 am

IneedBoutTREEFIDDY wrote:Why do we need algebra?

College?
But after that...

You read it! You can't unread it!
farswept

Postby farswept » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:27 am

A ferret bit my nose, so I broke his leg. I'm not proud of it.
:cry:
Damn, dude, China is f^cked-up!
I love you guys . . . (aw, screw you guys.)
IneedBoutTREEFIDDY

Postby IneedBoutTREEFIDDY » Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:16 pm

^PETA will have your head, watch your back

We got another 2 hour delay, but all we got was a little freezing rain, I think I said it before, but a student died in a car crash last year because of ice, so we're going to get at least a two hour delay everytime it does anything.
Setting the standard since 1852
jaydawGtwo04

Postby jaydawGtwo04 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:47 pm

I Have No School. It's awesome. I Woke up at 7:30 and watched the news and saw we had No School. And I was so Happy.
DarkDucky

Postby DarkDucky » Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:15 pm

I have 10cm (almost 5") of snow here, but I had no school today anyway, so that doesn't matter. I'm so happy I finally get to play Soul Calibur III today!!!

And JaydawG, why do you always capitolize random words in your sentances? No wonder you have the bad grammar warning in your sig... :D :D
[center]Image
My dA account[/center]

Return to “Hot Topics”