[RIP Steve Irwin] im going to stick my thumb in his b*tthole

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

IneedBoutTREEFIDDY

Postby IneedBoutTREEFIDDY » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:02 pm

What a way to go out. RIP Steve, we'll(or at least I'll) miss you.
Setting the standard since 1852
Hylian3

Postby Hylian3 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:05 pm

:shock: i was so shocked when i heard the news RIP
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:07 pm

I knew his job was gonna kill him one of these days. RIP :(
SouthParkMaster66

Postby SouthParkMaster66 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:11 pm

I heard earlier this morning from my parents. What a way to die, getting stung by a Sting Ray! In a way I think he wanted to die doing what he loved...pissing off animals. But at least he lived an exciting life.
This is a misfits rejection of a life in submission
misscutiepie1330

Postby misscutiepie1330 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:16 pm

*sigh* I knew this was going to come someday, yet I didn't see it coming.

Like most of the people on this thread, that's about it, I'm utterly speechless, I've been watching this guy since God knows when on Animal Planet.

RIP Steve Irwin
You'll always be known as the Crocidile Hunter.
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:18 pm

I was just watching an episode of his show with my grandmother a few months ago. His daughter Bindi was with him. Thinking of her makes the news even sadder to me. :(
treefiddy_350

Postby treefiddy_350 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:18 pm

Crikeyyy! I'm sure a lot of people predicted he was going to die from his job, but a stingray through the chest damn. Fatality. RIP Steve.
Member# 325291
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:20 pm

Yeah, I figured he'd get mauled by a crocodile or something. I know he's been bitten on a number of occasions. He's also handled poisonous rattlesnakes and a number of other deadly creatures... who would've thought a stingray would've done him in?
misscutiepie1330

Postby misscutiepie1330 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:34 pm

KennyStanWendyFan wrote:I was just watching an episode of his show with my grandmother a few months ago. His daughter Bindi was with him. Thinking of her makes the news even sadder to me. :(

I also feel that way, too, about his family and all. It's devestating to see a legend go. At least he died doing what he loved, I'm not saying I'm happy he died, I'm saying that I'm happy that he died with his specialty: animals, I'm in fact very upset Steve passed away.

Once Again,

RIP Steve Irwin AKA The Crocidile Hunter
The World Mourns for You
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:42 pm

Let's be fair. His craziness didn't exactly subside when he had kids. Remember that stunt he pulled when he dangled his baby in front of a crocodile? He claimed it was meant to be "educational". :roll:

Ever since he came along though, it seems like every animal expert has modeled their presentations after his act. So (fortunately) he won't be the last of his kind. He certainly made me laugh quite a few times, and he cared about protecting the animals he worked with.
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:46 pm

Exactly, and that's what makes it all the sadder. I also think that it's kinda harsh that some people are calling him an idiot when he knew what he was doing. He grew up around these animals and was passionate for them, and notice how neither a crocodile nor a snake never did end up doing him in? He knew what he was doing with them, and I fail to see how that makes him an idiot.

Rayeli, where'd you hear that? That's the first time I've heard of a detail of his death other that "he was stabbed right through the chest." If that was the situation, though, then that's not as bad, because it just means that the animal freaked and went into defensive mode, ergo, an accident, and Irwin didn't intentionally provoke it.
crazyQH

Postby crazyQH » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:53 pm

Awe, that truely is heart-breaking. :cry: I spent many hours as a young kid sitting in front of the TV watching Crocodile Hunter. Although some of his stunts were dangerous, if not down right dumb, he still cared about the animals and loved what he did. He probobly had a larger impact on kids' education about nature and animals then pretty much anything. Poor Steve, RIP, we'll miss you. :( Maybe there are crocs in heaven. (On second thought, that could be bad...)
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:58 pm

Or maybe there are crocs in heaven but they just aren't allowed to eat people. However if that's the case then the crocs probably wouldn't be very happy either. :roll:
Kaixx

Postby Kaixx » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:20 pm

iceiwynd wrote:Rayeli, where'd you hear that? That's the first time I've heard of a detail of his death other that "he was stabbed right through the chest." If that was the situation, though, then that's not as bad, because it just means that the animal freaked and went into defensive mode, ergo, an accident, and Irwin didn't intentionally provoke it.

"Stingrays only sting in defence, they're not aggressive animals so the animal must have felt threatened. It didn't sting out of aggression, it stung out of fear," Dr Bryan Fry, Deputy Director of the Australian Venom Research Unit at the University of Melbourne said.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/5311298.stm?ls

RIP Steve Irwin.
Oneirogenic

Postby Oneirogenic » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:38 pm

;; well sh*t. This guy is probably one of my biggest heros. I've watched him since I was little, and when I saw the news on a friend's journal, I was [and am still] crushed. Grah. I seriously feel like I lost a friend.

*sighs all sadlike* It's sad to know that if I ever make it to Australia Zoo, I won't be able to catch one of his demonstrations. :[ ;alsfhd rest in peace, Steve.

Return to “Hot Topics”