Woe is Me- a whining/venting thread

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

teh-lolrus

Re: Woe is Me- a whining/venting thread

Postby teh-lolrus » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:46 pm

AngusMcTavish wrote:Okay, I'm probably the last person any of you would expect to have a real worry, but for the last couple of days, something has been troubling me, and it's not on my own behalf.

During the weekend, my girlfriend's mother had to undergo an operation. It went well, but she started hurting a couple of days later. She had to go back to the hospital yesterday, and while they say she made it through okay and was able to go back home the same day, I just couldn't help but wonder:

Why didn't they keep her overnight after the operation? Isn't that a standard procedure??

My gf's parents have both been really good to me ever since I met 'em, so I'm really hoping she pulls through okay. I really don't know how the rest of the family would cope if...

Well, I really shouldn't mention things like that, but you know what I mean.

I'll check in on them tomorrow and see how she's doing.

I hope she's doing alright, good luck with your situation. It's hard to see someone you care for go under the knife.

I'll come back and post again, I have a really huge rant coming later- but I want to type it up in MS Word and spell-check it before posting it...
._.
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:30 pm

Angus: I hope this all going to blow over and I hope she'll be fine. There's nothing you or anyone except the doctor can really do except be there for her, but It sounds like nothing serious will happen. It's not like you have to go on the NHS or anything, right?

Butterslover: I'm glad you read my post, and you havn't had any problems worth posting on here since the last message :)

Lolrus's AP Gov Dillema: If it's going to help you get a grade, do the work, if the teacher wants you to do it but it won't help you for your exam or your coursework, tell him to go to hell. I'm usually the most well behaved kid in class (paranoid fear that the teacher'll hunt you down and cut your throat like a cow in an abatwar if you answer back helps for something I suppose :)) but when I had a particuarly troubling Physics teacher, I refused to come to class and just worked in the halls, from a revision book, and turned up to the exam, aced it, got an A. My 2 Best Friends did likewise first, wrote official complaints about the teacher and how they didn't want to go to the class. Not sure if that's posssible after High School when it's non-compulsory education, but can't you just complain about him, do the work that matters from a revision book or something, and not turn up to class?

Lolrus's Boyfriend: Glad to hear he's improoving, but the symptoms you write about are pretty scary (must be horrible for you:() even now. You must've already tried it, but get him to tell you what the problem is and try tackling it head on, if it's something like his parents or work or something. If his problem is a deeper one, get him to write or paint about it, relese those negative emotions constructively. I'm usually anti-medication, but there must be something a psychiatrist could prescribe him that'd make him happier for the moment, while you try to find the root of his problems. Get him to open up about his problems if you can.

My last major spazz-out was during the Physics exam; that scared the other kids shitless... Could it be my lack of sleep?

Are you me? In my GCSE exams, I was doing the best darn Tweek impression I've ever seen. Shaking round, pulling out my hair, breaking pens by pressing so hard on the exam, writing loads of bible quotes in the margins (when I'm an athiest!), scraping itches all over my face/hands/arms untill I bled over the desk, smashing my face into the desk... I put a HELL of a lot of people off :)

Still got strait A's (except in German and History where I got Bs but who cares about them lessons?)

Some piece of sh*t (as I said in the random thread, probably three pages back now) gave my computer the PC equivelent of HIV, an insiduous "malware" virus (which I had a few months back when SuperMaids 'died' and was resurected as Savior) that pops an (usually highly sexually explicit) advert up every few secconds making it impossible to o anything. I'm currently reformatting my hard drive (loosing EVERYTHING on there that is) and typing this on my Dad's PC. God I hate hackers! Not easy to control my feelings towards them :)

In other news, my mum "almost" crashed her car yesterday, thankfully only the car was hurt (to a tone of £450.00) but I was 1.5 hours late home from skool and had to wait in the freezing cold (paranoid mania returned to me when she didn't answer the phone, she forgot her mobile but I thought she'd died or something) and can't go for the week.

My Maths exam is on March 15th and I know NOTHING for it, nor do I know anything for the Chemistry exam. If it were a South Park exam, I'd be fine, but... well, i spent all night and all morning revising Chem, and the crazilly named scientists, but I'm probably still going to fail, not get into a good university, not get a good job and have a totally meaningless life that'll be forgotten withing minutes of my death. Unless my Biology and Philosophy grades pick me up (i do NO work for them and get 80-90% grades, work my Donkey off in Math and Chem to get 30-40%).
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:31 pm

Thanks, lolrus, superior. I did check with them earlier today, and she seems to be doing okay now, despite a little pain. Still, it doesn't sound as bad as it must have been a couple of days ago.

Here's hoping that things keep improving!
Butterslover21

Postby Butterslover21 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:40 pm

yaaaaaaaaaaay! everybody is happy!
honk if you're f*cking steve carell (cause i really wish i was!)

"i like girls with big fat titties, i like girls with deep vaginas" - kenny
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:28 pm

Except me... i must be poor (even though I never realised it) because I just found out, I have LICE! Ohnoes!
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:50 pm

^I got lice from people from Laos in elementary school before. :lol:
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:23 pm

The lice are dederd and I rebooted my computer. Now I guess everyone really is happy! Especially since my mum's car's still in the garrage, so I don't have to go to school until... oh wait, the next two weeks are holiday, so until three weeks time :)

My sister had an epilleptic fit today and hit her head on the toilet seat. If she'd fell in the bowl she could've had the most undignified death in history. It worries me sometimes, that she could fall on one of her kids and crush them to death with her huge boobs. She's managed to get them reduced, because they were weighing down her spine, big boobs arn't always a blessing. I'm glad scientists are finally thinking of legalising "THC and Niccotine" pills (basically cannabis in pill form) for people with epilepsy, people've known it's practically a cure for years but because of the most BASLESS hatred of a little plant they wouldn't let people like my sister have the stupid plant, now they get the pill, hope it stays legal after the trial for her. Seriously glad that's one gene I didn't inherit.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

SouthParkSoul

Postby SouthParkSoul » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:48 pm

can somebody help me? i have trouble controlling my emotions. whenever i get in serious trouble, i start crying and i can't stop. i also start to think that i'm a terrible, dishonest person. and i know it's bad to bottle your feelings up, but i think that's what i do all the time. i usually don't express my anger, but lately i've been letting it out and yelling at my friends. i take medicine that makes me happy, and it works... for two hours. but i don't tell my parents. i just want somebody to help me and actually care about my problems.

god, i'm not sure if i should even be telling you guys this...

( for those of you that at least sort-of know me, i'm pissed at my mom right now so i'm not as cheery as usual.)

If I were you, I'd get into a violent sport like rugby/football or boxing and express anger there. I would tell you to go someplace secluded an cry there when you get into trouble, but then you'd end up like me :evil: More advice, find something that makes you happy. I used to be extremely angry all the time before I could watch South Park. I've been told I've mellowed out since then. Something my track coach told me yesterday was to find a quiet spot or block out noise, and listen to your heartbeat, pulse, or lungs. It really does calm you down I think.

I show way too many of those signs. It's like the scientologists... before I read that, i thought I was a happy person, now, I think I need help! Well, happy for this board...

Savior, that's normal. I think about everyone I know exhibits at least half of those signs. It's only the serious ones that are actually signs. The rest are signs of depression. For an English project I got to write three poems about suicide and death.

Okay, I'm probably the last person any of you would expect to have a real worry, but for the last couple of days, something has been troubling me, and it's not on my own behalf.

During the weekend, my girlfriend's mother had to undergo an operation. It went well, but she started hurting a couple of days later. She had to go back to the hospital yesterday, and while they say she made it through okay and was able to go back home the same day, I just couldn't help but wonder:

Why didn't they keep her overnight after the operation? Isn't that a standard procedure??

My gf's parents have both been really good to me ever since I met 'em, so I'm really hoping she pulls through okay. I really don't know how the rest of the family would cope if...

Well, I really shouldn't mention things like that, but you know what I mean.

I'll check in on them tomorrow and see how she's doing.

Angus, glad to hear she's improving. Anyways, if the operation is trivial (i.e. NOT heart surgery brain surgery or any major organ surgery) then they can safely send you home and tell you not to stress yourself for the next days. I'm pretty sure about that anyways.

I got something I'd like to woe about.
My step-mom hate's me. I do not doubt this in the least. When I go to my dad's house, (every other weekend and wednesday) she won't wash my clothes. She puts them in a bbag and sends them back with me so my actual mom can wash them. If I get anything more than a ham sandwhich for lunch, she gets all huffy and storms off. After church one day she said to my older sister about selling the mini-can because it wasn't worth it to keep it so I can go with them whenever I'm there. She acts mad when I say I want to go out somewhere (like to my friends house). She even HIDES the f*cking milk when I'm supposed to come over.

Meh, enough of the hate, I'm gonna go watch South Park (another thing I can't do there because she wants to watch House or Seinfield or some stupid crap like that)
Küssen Sie meinen Esel

Taking the Banner of the Holy Marsh! Death to the Vile Lard!
Butterslover21

Postby Butterslover21 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:46 am

feel sorry for ya, dude. i wish i had some advice for you, since you tried to help me.

teh-lolrus

Postby teh-lolrus » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:34 am

superiorsavior wrote:Lolrus's AP Gov Dillema: If it's going to help you get a grade, do the work, if the teacher wants you to do it but it won't help you for your exam or your coursework, tell him to go to hell. I'm usually the most well behaved kid in class (paranoid fear that the teacher'll hunt you down and cut your throat like a cow in an abatwar if you answer back helps for something I suppose :)) but when I had a particuarly troubling Physics teacher, I refused to come to class and just worked in the halls, from a revision book, and turned up to the exam, aced it, got an A. My 2 Best Friends did likewise first, wrote official complaints about the teacher and how they didn't want to go to the class. Not sure if that's posssible after High School when it's non-compulsory education, but can't you just complain about him, do the work that matters from a revision book or something, and not turn up to class?

Lolrus's Boyfriend: Glad to hear he's improoving, but the symptoms you write about are pretty scary (must be horrible for you:() even now. You must've already tried it, but get him to tell you what the problem is and try tackling it head on, if it's something like his parents or work or something. If his problem is a deeper one, get him to write or paint about it, relese those negative emotions constructively. I'm usually anti-medication, but there must be something a psychiatrist could prescribe him that'd make him happier for the moment, while you try to find the root of his problems. Get him to open up about his problems if you can.

AP Gov- Unfortunately, skipping will get me expelled. I mean, the teacher and I are on decent terms after the last few assignments I worked until my hand nearly fell off and the Cum Laude placing on that essay contest a month ago...and she's scary when she's pissed. If the douchebag administrators (another rant for another time) catch me skipping, they'll have my ass. The only things saving me from getting booted out are my grades and my art- they don't want to lose the few 'top' artists in the school.

Mah Boyfriend- Yeah, I'll see what happens. I've actually got something to bitch about his parents today; it must be his family driving him off the wall. His friends are on good terms with him, and he even gets along with my brother (mutual relationship- my brother gives him his Latin extra credit, and my boyfriend negotiates the classroom hierarchy for him...long story). As far as I know, he's writing some about it in the notebook we share for notes (primitive texting, the others call it) and he's been blaming some personal sh*t for it all. All I can do now is keep up an endless supply of hugs and kisses and be there in case he calls me in the dead of night like he usually does when he can't sleep.

superiorsavior][quote="Lolrus wrote:My last major spazz-out was during the Physics exam; that scared the other kids shitless... Could it be my lack of sleep?

Are you me? In my GCSE exams, I was doing the best darn Tweek impression I've ever seen. Shaking round, pulling out my hair, breaking pens by pressing so hard on the exam, writing loads of bible quotes in the margins (when I'm an athiest!), scraping itches all over my face/hands/arms untill I bled over the desk, smashing my face into the desk... I put a HELL of a lot of people off :)[/quote]

Perhaps. I have the 'butterflies in the stomach' extremely bad, so I end up physically spazzing out each time something I'm stressing out over comes back. I ought to take some happy mellow pills or something...or get some more sleep. I dunno, I guess I can't really help it.

superiorsavior wrote:In other news, my mum "almost" crashed her car yesterday, thankfully only the car was hurt (to a tone of £450.00) but I was 1.5 hours late home from skool and had to wait in the freezing cold (paranoid mania returned to me when she didn't answer the phone, she forgot her mobile but I thought she'd died or something) and can't go for the week.

Oh...well, hope the car gets better. I hate that feeling of not hearing from someone when you need to hear from them most; I worry about people like that a lot (especially my boyfriend, see a few pages back here). I ought to back away from that end-of-the-world stuff I always seem to get myself caught around and think happy thoughts once in a while.

[Rant mentioned earlier will be poster later, I'm still proofreading that; I'll whine about other stuff in the next post.]
Last edited by teh-lolrus on Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
._.
Butterslover21

Postby Butterslover21 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:40 am

seems like a lot of you have exams coming up. i'm glad i'm 12, cause i don't have to take those stupid things! :mrgreen:
btw, thanks to everyone for the advice! i've been feelin' really happy thanks to you guys!

CartmanMills

Postby CartmanMills » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:32 pm

Ehh, I skipped school when I was going through all my bullsh*t just because I hated school that badly - the teachers, the f*cking assh*les that got away with everything because they were 'popular' and the wannabe drug dealers and psycho's that roamed the school bragging about setting bus seats on fire. My school, at one point, was an absolute shithole. I'm so glad I got out when I did - the satisifaction I have is that they're still in that stupid game wasting their lives whereas I'm living comfortably. Take that, assh*les! :P
Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:36 pm

I had to go for a couple months, and now I'm a little worried no one here will remember me. Plus, I've been a bit bored with life. All in all, not too big problems. Guess I'm pretty lucky atm.
"Now Kyle, don't fly too close to the sun, or it'll burn your wings, an- and you'll crash into the ocean!"

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:58 pm

I remember yah posts in the random thread IR, you arn't completely forsook yet :)

The only things saving me from getting booted out are my grades and my art- they don't want to lose the few 'top' artists in the school.

Surely that's all you should be judged on, when you're in education? I'd personally try to get into a different colledge if my grades really were that good, or try 'homeschooling' and paying for the examination privatley (it's possible in the UK, not sure where you live though). Sounds like a horrible school, no offence meant, but it really does. Not as bad as Cartman Mills though, I really wish schools like that, which let 'popular' kids off for anything, didn't exist; mine let me off for everything because i'm (supposedly) Autistic and made everyone who picked on me partake in a week-long detention damnation, so I was left the heck alone in grades 7-9 (bad bullying before then, a little after, but...).

hope the car gets better.

The Car was fully cured today... though mum's wallet is half a grand lighter... She seems to be making turning up late to pick me up a tradition, she was an hour late today so I had to stick with the school psycho, who seems to be coming on (Cartman on Kyle strong) to me, deciing to miss a bus home so he could chat to me about why Christians must DIE for being homophobic. I was suitably scared by his violent rants, and never more glad my parents got there; still, i'm glad he likes me, wouldn't want to be on the recieving end of all that hate :)

Butters Lover is right; I do have loads of exams, in just a few weeks. You will HATE it in three/four years time when you start exams, propper ones, you'll best get all your fanart and fanfics out of the way now before your life is eaten like a pill in pac-man by schoolwork.

In other news, I feel like I'm about to die of hypocondria. I always feel like my jugular vein is about to rupture, like I'm half-way through a brain hemorage or like I'm being eaten by some invisible parasites. Fear that my cells are conspiring against me is not conductive to happiness :(
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

marvel_freak_42

Postby marvel_freak_42 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:11 am

Indigo Rose wrote:I had to go for a couple months, and now I'm a little worried no one here will remember me.

Of course not! Welcomes backs!
Founder of the Western Orthodox Branch of the Church of Butters!

"The world will know peace when humanity is extinguished."
-- False Awakenings

Return to “Hot Topics”