Woe is Me- a whining/venting thread

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

teh-lolrus

Re: Woe is Me- a whining/venting thread

Postby teh-lolrus » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:14 am

gtaca2005 wrote:I realized something f*cked up...
I can never go to college. :o

Although I have good test scores, scored advanced on two subjects on my state tests, and proficient in the other two, and even though I have outstanding California High School Exit Exam scores (I got 100% on 3 sections of my English, 95% on another, but the last one was 67%. :? ), I know that I can never, ever, go to college.

Why?
Because I was stupid and didn't do any homework and got pretty much straight F's on my report cards because of it. The only good grade I got was in Computer Animation. I am poor, and white. Believe it or not, this is a disadvantage. If you are black, you can utilize the Negro College Fund, if you're something other that white, you can utilize the scholarship that Marvel Freak was talking about for minorities. I am white and poor, so nothing can help me. I can't get a student loan because I don't have ANYONE in my family with good credit to co-sign, I can't do it because I don't even have credit. I can't get in on a sports scholarship, nor one based on grades. I was stupid and failed myself.

I don't know what to do now. I bet if there was a test to get into college, I would be able to do it with little effort, but the just don't offer that, I think. (Is there any test like that?) Inmates in the California Department of Corrections have more opportunities than I do. (My uncle is getting a grant from the CDC, WTF?) I would try, but I think it's too late. :|

Man...I'm sorry, dude. I mean...I dunno. I've heard of colleges that accept students with really high test scores and pays full tuition for them once they're accepted. Are there any around where you live that do that? Maybe there's a chance there.

As for scholarships, I'm sure there are some essay-writing and artsy ones somewhere out there that you could try for if those things are what you're good at. In fact, I ought to be looking myself for scholarships and colleges...yeah. I should keep doing that...I've been slacking lately...

><

Maybe you could retake the classes? I'm not sure...

But, that's besides the point. I hope you can get your situation straightened out...
._.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:19 am

I'm going to try. I guess I'll look into scholarships, but I doubt that there is one out there that I can use since I screwed myself and didn't do my school work. I wasn't stupid, I have my tests to show that, but man was I ever so ignorant with my school work! :shock:

It can come back and bit you in the ass, so take it from me, DON'T do what I did, no mater how smart you are, just do the homework. :)
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Butterslover21

Postby Butterslover21 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:21 am

i don't wanna got to college when i'm older. i know it's a good choice to go, but it just doesn't seem like the right place for me. i'd probably just drop out if i (somehow) got into one.
honk if you're f*cking steve carell (cause i really wish i was!)

"i like girls with big fat titties, i like girls with deep vaginas" - kenny
teh-lolrus

Postby teh-lolrus » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:47 am

gtaca2005 wrote:I'm going to try. I guess I'll look into scholarships, but I doubt that there is one out there that I can use since I screwed myself and didn't do my school work. I wasn't stupid, I have my tests to show that, but man was I ever so ignorant with my school work! :shock:

It can come back and bit you in the ass, so take it from me, DON'T do what I did, no mater how smart you are, just do the homework. :)

Well...I hope looking for some of the essay-based scholarships might help some. I've heard of strange ones, such as ones that reward people for being taller than 6' 4"...there might be obscure scholarships like those ones that you could get.

As far as schoolwork goes, does your school allow for summer class or anything? Maybe you can have one more chance at changing your past. I dunno...just good luck with things.

All that work for AP Gov had better pay off on the Exam this coming Monday. I'm blowing my brains out with a shotgun if I fail.

><
._.
Blue Twilight

Postby Blue Twilight » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:53 am

You can apply for scholarships, but just to warn you they all usually go to the same three people. D:

Your best bet would be to apply for the FAFSA. They offer federal financial aid to just about everyone, but be warned, most of them are loans.

That's kind of why it sucks being poor and white. I was in the same boat as you; none of the local scholarships favoured people like me. All of them were for EDUCATION majors who were going to attend the LOCAL university, and not some out-of-state one. Same goes for study-abroad scholarships. There's almost NONE for psychology majors, and psych majors going to Australia? No fecking way. D:

WHY even take race into account? I think they should really base financial aid on NEED, and not whether you're over 6'4'' or something stupid like that.

And here's another reason why the financial systems in the US and A frustrate me so much... a recession. Which caused me to lose my job. So now after getting fired from one after quitting the other with no chance of getting re-hired, I'm completely jobless.
Illegitimi non carborundum.
teh-lolrus

Postby teh-lolrus » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:25 am

Blue Twilight wrote:You can apply for scholarships, but just to warn you they all usually go to the same three people. D:

Your best bet would be to apply for the FAFSA. They offer federal financial aid to just about everyone, but be warned, most of them are loans.

That's kind of why it sucks being poor and white. I was in the same boat as you; none of the local scholarships favoured people like me. All of them were for EDUCATION majors who were going to attend the LOCAL university, and not some out-of-state one. Same goes for study-abroad scholarships. There's almost NONE for psychology majors, and psych majors going to Australia? No fecking way. D:

WHY even take race into account? I think they should really base financial aid on NEED, and not whether you're over 6'4'' or something stupid like that.

And here's another reason why the financial systems in the US and A frustrate me so much... a recession. Which caused me to lose my job. So now after getting fired from one after quitting the other with no chance of getting re-hired, I'm completely jobless.

Scholarships are really finicky, and I hate looking for them. I mean, I've searched all over and there's only about two Art-based scholarships I could actually have a chance at getting when I'm competing against some bunch of amazing artists out there. Everything else I've turned up are either engineering scholarships for girls (damn it, I want into the Arts! :roll: ) or some general-ass thing that every f*cking kid in the US applies for anyways and I have a 1 in a billion chance in getting.

:x

Too bad the art schools I want to apply for (Ringling and Pratt) are insanely expensive. I think my dad might have to get a loan in the end, even though we're rather poor.

Recessions suck. With all the rising prices in everything, and my dad never getting a raise (he suspects racial discrimination but he was like 'screw it' about filing a complaint), my family probably can't even afford to send me to college, let alone my little brother.

Why did we future and present college students have to get stuck in a nasty economic time? Bleh.

><
._.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri May 02, 2008 10:20 am

Mother f*cking Computer Chaos!
My laptop is dying. I thought that some malware was causing it to spontaneously turn off, but it's shut down twice during a system restore. I've had problems with it ever since Fry's last worked on it, and should have taken it right back rather than riding it out. Hell, I don't even know if I have any warranty left on it.

GOD DAMN MOTHER f*cking WHITE SCREEN! THE COCKING THING WON'T EVEN LET ME VENT PROPERLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Fri May 02, 2008 7:00 pm

BRMBug wrote:GOD DAMN MOTHER f*cking WHITE SCREEN! THE COCKING THING WON'T EVEN LET ME VENT PROPERLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know! It pisses you off when you write a long ass post at hit submit, only to have to write it all over again. :roll:
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
KrazyKenny

Postby KrazyKenny » Sat May 03, 2008 12:14 am

well...I have a hell of a lot to say...but I don't think it's going to come out right.

well...at school thigs are going better.... I just decided to go and sit with random people till I found someone that I got along with and that didn't hate me. I did find a table. It consists of the two kids that were held back last year...and a guy who didn't really have any other friends. I've been sitting with them for about two weeks and they're pretty cool... As far as tanner and codie....... I have NO idea if tanner is still with his girlfriend and this is how it went with codie : he broke up with his current girlfriend, went out with another girl for about a week, broke up with her, and then started talking to that first girl again... I also figured out that....codie cuts himself....and snaps himself with rubberbands until he bleeds....he seems like the last person who would do something like that... he's always happy, nothing seems to get him down...Maybe that's why he makes jokes out of everything.... I so desperatley want to try to help him...I just don't know what to say.... I don't want to seem like I'm trying to run someone elses life....I would never do that... but I think he needs to take a break from his girlfriend (if he has one) for awhile... the girls he goes out with are always really needy and they think he's like perfect...then when they realize he's not they freak out and everyone in the situation seems to feel like sh*t for awhile. I mean... after what he's aparently going through and how he's feeling...I don't think he needs anymore crap.

Well...with that out of the way....I'll write about what I actually came here to write about. I don't really know where to start...I mean unless I want to give a report about the last 3 years of my life. I'll try to keep it basic, sorry if it gets confusing. Ok so it was april 1st 2006 (yes I remember the exact day) I'm not sure how it happened it just did. I became obsessed with GreenDay. I still am to this day... but for two years nobody has known. nobody. I just kept it to myself and stayed up until 5 in the morning every night listening to them. Okay so another band that I've always liked is My Chemical Romance... but it didn't get extreme to the point of obsession until about a month ago. I've never been much for buying music... mostly because the only time I have the oportunity to buy music is when I'm with my family. At school I have no problem saying that I like My Chemical Romance or GreenDay or stuff like that....but I've never been able to tell my family, so I don't own any cd's that I actually LIKE most of them are just my sisters' rejected cd's and I never listen to them. Well, now that you have some background info...back to the matter at hand. Today me and my mom went to walmart and I was planning on asking her for The Black Parade..... We got to the music isle (she was looking for a new driving cd) and I found The Black Parade... I was looking at it...it was right in front of me... but I didn't have the guts to ask her for it.... For the rest of the time I was in the store I was trying to think of ways to get her back into the electronics... I never did and I felt like I was going to throw up the whole time. When we got home I went to my room and cried because I was so disappointed in myself (that's the first time I've ever admitted to crying about anything)....So...now..."The Black Parade Is Dead" is available for preordering on monday...and I want to get it so bad...but I know that I'm not going to be able to ask for it. If it was someone outside of my family... I'd be able to ask for it...but because it's my family I won't be able to.....I've never been able to really trust my family....or really anyone else for that matter...probably because I've never met anyone who I could relate to on any level...or anyone who ever asked me what's wrong...or anyone who would actually listen to me and at least try to understand...music is the only thing that's ever made me feel like I belong somewhere...like I'm part of something and I have something I can rely on when nothing else makes me feel better...Music makes me feel like I actually matter. My Chemical Romance tries to tell people that if something will make you happy, go for it..and I couldn't even ask for a cd....I'm pathetic...
To need, but not have.
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg16 ... newsig.jpg
If life ain't just a joke, then why are we laughing?

when you think it can't get any worse...think again

"This makes me want to smoosh babies!"-ME
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat May 03, 2008 8:27 am

Dude, ask for the CD. You're just holding yourself back if you don't, and your family surely has noticed how you keep to yourself even around them. Don't be a stranger to them.

Ask for the CD.
Ask for the CD.
Ask for the CD.
Don't take no for an answer.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
teh-lolrus

Postby teh-lolrus » Sat May 03, 2008 11:59 am

KrazyKenny- If your friend is really cutting and hurting himself, I think you should step in and get him some help, even if he refuses. Cutting sucks- it could be anything from attention-getting or going insane and depressed (I cut some time back because of the latter reason, brought on by a bunch of sh*t). It's not something just 'emo' kids like to do- it's no laughing or label-related matter even if people just push that misconception. Just try to help your friend out with his self-harm. It can be painful to step in (I'm sure my boyfriend had a tough time convincing me not to cut and try ODing on meds), but it's for the better in the long run.

As for the CD, I agree with Big-Will. It's good to start asserting yourself and get pushy when you need to. You're eventually going to have to be thick-skinned and stubborn in group settings in life (I've had to be somewhat fascist and evil when I've gotten some dumbasses in my group for group projects just so we [i] could get some work done).

My little vent before I go downstairs for breakfast here in this uncomfortable hotel room-

The Internet likes reverting to the hotel homepage for some reason, and that's annoying. Oh...and my parents won't get up for breakfast. I think I might have to steal the card key and go down for some food.

Actually, my vent is about the AP Government Exam this Monday. Studying when you're out of town is quite a pain, and it seems like nothing is sticking in my head. I'm worried shitless over the Free Response questions (written questions)- they grade those really hard and if you miss one part, you lose all the points. The multiple-choice has got me worried, too. Oh, what to do? I pulled an all-nighter going over the work, but I think I lost my brain.

:stanpuke:
._.
vampswillreignagain

Postby vampswillreignagain » Sat May 03, 2008 12:27 pm

laley i've been getting insulted by these sp haters on youtube. i've been ignoring them, (one of them i somehow became friends with) but this one guy is saying such perverted stuff! i've told him to leave me alone, and latley he has, but last night he left another mean and perverted comment. so i asked my brother to say something to him, and well, let's just say what he wrote wasn't pretty. my parents walked into the room and saw what he wrote, and they got all mad and stuff, and now they want to make sure everything i say to you guys onthe internet is aproppriate and safe. god, why are parents so paranoid?
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sun May 04, 2008 7:16 am

LOL..Internet appropriate? Your parents don't spend much time on the internet do they? If they did they would know that people sometimes really show their ugly sides online because it is anonymous. Oh well, when you are 18 and have your own place, you and your brother won't have that problem.

Don't worry about the people on Youtube..If they are the kind of people who go comment on videos of stuff they already hate it is pretty easy to shut them down..Just remind them how stupid and pointless it is to be watching sh*t they hate just so they can pick a fight. I see people like that on Youtube all the time, no matter what I am watching and I watch a variety of stuff on there. However if they are actively harrassing you, I can get them off your back if you want.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sun May 04, 2008 7:31 am

KrazyKenny wrote:well...I have a hell of a lot to say...but I don't think it's going to come out right.

well...at school thigs are going better.... I just decided to go and sit with random people till I found someone that I got along with and that didn't hate me. I did find a table. It consists of the two kids that were held back last year...and a guy who didn't really have any other friends. I've been sitting with them for about two weeks and they're pretty cool... As far as tanner and codie....... I have NO idea if tanner is still with his girlfriend and this is how it went with codie : he broke up with his current girlfriend, went out with another girl for about a week, broke up with her, and then started talking to that first girl again... I also figured out that....codie cuts himself....and snaps himself with rubberbands until he bleeds....he seems like the last person who would do something like that... he's always happy, nothing seems to get him down...Maybe that's why he makes jokes out of everything.... I so desperatley want to try to help him...I just don't know what to say.... I don't want to seem like I'm trying to run someone elses life....I would never do that... but I think he needs to take a break from his girlfriend (if he has one) for awhile... the girls he goes out with are always really needy and they think he's like perfect...then when they realize he's not they freak out and everyone in the situation seems to feel like sh*t for awhile. I mean... after what he's aparently going through and how he's feeling...I don't think he needs anymore crap.

Well...with that out of the way....I'll write about what I actually came here to write about. I don't really know where to start...I mean unless I want to give a report about the last 3 years of my life. I'll try to keep it basic, sorry if it gets confusing. Ok so it was april 1st 2006 (yes I remember the exact day) I'm not sure how it happened it just did. I became obsessed with GreenDay. I still am to this day... but for two years nobody has known. nobody. I just kept it to myself and stayed up until 5 in the morning every night listening to them. Okay so another band that I've always liked is My Chemical Romance... but it didn't get extreme to the point of obsession until about a month ago. I've never been much for buying music... mostly because the only time I have the oportunity to buy music is when I'm with my family. At school I have no problem saying that I like My Chemical Romance or GreenDay or stuff like that....but I've never been able to tell my family, so I don't own any cd's that I actually LIKE most of them are just my sisters' rejected cd's and I never listen to them. Well, now that you have some background info...back to the matter at hand. Today me and my mom went to walmart and I was planning on asking her for The Black Parade..... We got to the music isle (she was looking for a new driving cd) and I found The Black Parade... I was looking at it...it was right in front of me... but I didn't have the guts to ask her for it.... For the rest of the time I was in the store I was trying to think of ways to get her back into the electronics... I never did and I felt like I was going to throw up the whole time. When we got home I went to my room and cried because I was so disappointed in myself (that's the first time I've ever admitted to crying about anything)....So...now..."The Black Parade Is Dead" is available for preordering on monday...and I want to get it so bad...but I know that I'm not going to be able to ask for it. If it was someone outside of my family... I'd be able to ask for it...but because it's my family I won't be able to.....I've never been able to really trust my family....or really anyone else for that matter...probably because I've never met anyone who I could relate to on any level...or anyone who ever asked me what's wrong...or anyone who would actually listen to me and at least try to understand...music is the only thing that's ever made me feel like I belong somewhere...like I'm part of something and I have something I can rely on when nothing else makes me feel better...Music makes me feel like I actually matter. My Chemical Romance tries to tell people that if something will make you happy, go for it..and I couldn't even ask for a cd....I'm pathetic...

Well, if you love My Chemical Romance like I love Rob Zombie, then you f*cking need that cd. I think some people don't understand how much positive impact someone's favorite band can have on some people's lives. I know from experience that rock does help with depression, so if you like My Chemical Romance that much, then by all means get all their cds and try to go to their concert when they come to your area.If your parents aren't the kind who would be offended by the content of the album, and aren't the kind of parents who would go on about how rock is the Devil's music and such, then there is no reason why you shouldn't ask them. Especially if they might buy the cds for you.
KrazyKenny

Postby KrazyKenny » Mon May 05, 2008 4:05 am

I think some people don't understand how much positive impact someone's favorite band can have on some people's lives.

yeah... I would probably be dead if it wasn't for rock music (no...seriously)

anyway...The Black Parade is Dead! is offically open for pre ordering.... after seeing it.... I. Need. It. *twitch, twitch*

my mom's asleep right now though, so I'll have to ask tomorrow (wish me luck) .... I just hope that the limited edition isn't to limited....
To need, but not have.
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg16 ... newsig.jpg
If life ain't just a joke, then why are we laughing?

when you think it can't get any worse...think again

"This makes me want to smoosh babies!"-ME

Return to “Hot Topics”