Woe is Me- a whining/venting thread

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

rainbow.bix

Re: Woe is Me- a whining/venting thread

Postby rainbow.bix » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:46 pm

wendy28 wrote:and the myspace-thing.... i kinda had that, too. the girl i just told you about put a poll on her blog (about half a year ago), what is pretty popular with people in my year. the question was, wether they liked me or not. the answer-options were:
1. i hate that f*ckin ugly bitch,
2. i dont know her in person, but from what ive heard, shes a stupid slut,
3. who the f*ck is she? i dont know her and dont want to, either.
sad thing is, about 40 people voted. i remeber it were 80something percent for answer 1.
and of course i was the last one to know about that, not even my friends told me about that. for the people who hate me, it was a whole lot of fun.

That's terrible. I know how that feels. Back when I was in grade 9, someone made a board where people from my school could post. A whole thread was dedicated to bitching about me. People left some awful, cutting comments... "agh, I hate her! she is so annoying. caking on the foundation is going to do nothing but make more pimples on your grotty face. oh you should lose some weight, your ass is f*cking fat"... they were not nice at all. It was a vicious attack on my body and emotions, and I was devastated for weeks. I didn't tell many people, because I was so ashamed.
Formerly terrance&philliparesw.

Just like weetbix... except queer
teh-lolrus

Postby teh-lolrus » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:16 am

^ Why is it that there is so much stupid drama while we're in high school? Most people could do without it.

:x

Portfolio day went alright, save for the common complaint that I lack observational work and gesture drawings (which I suck at... :cry: ); I pulled a 97% on the AP Government test on Friday, and my friends and I sat through a tedious SAT test on Saturday.

Today's rant is about scholarships, funding, and the general college search. It's driving me insane. I really want to go to an art school, but it's so f*cking expensive. The cost each year is about $40,000 and that's disregarding room and board. My family doesn't have all that much money to spare (did I rant about being relatively poor yet?) and I'm going insane looking for scholarships.

School choices are meh where I live, too. The state schools are either in the ghetto, focused on science/medicine/law, or is a party school (or two or all three of all these). True, I can have full tuition paid at these schools on the state scholarship program, but from what I've heard, the Graphic Design/Illustration programs aren't that strong (some even suck) in any of the schools. Other art schools are super hard to get into, or are so nastily expensive that only the rich kids (even if they aren't that good) get in. Even if I do finally develop some proficiency at my art, where the Hell will I go for post-secondary education? I've been considering out-of-state schools (New York- I can lodge with my relatives), but the cost is even worse out of state. I'm just about to tear my hair out in frustration with looking for schools.

On scholarships, the ones I've found are mostly based on income needs (my family's not poor enough for that, though) or sciencey majors. Sure, there's those essay/art scholarships, but the chances of those are 1 or 2 in the whole nation. I might try for that, but still... I'm also looking at minority scholarships and funding (I'm Chinese), but the chances of those are dead slim, too. The academic scholarships are for the super-smart people (those geek-wads with perfect SAT scores and 4.00+ GPA), and I'm far from it (even though I do have a 3.95 GPA and some decent SAT scores from last year)...

><
._.
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:36 am

^yea I'm going instate (for something techy as a major) but finding the scholarships that I can complete are hard to find... Plus mom and dad want me to get a job right now.

My biggest rant though is that after a month (around Jan. 10 I noticed it missing) after I used my gift card it was missing. I only told my family where it is and nobody outside them can steal it. I am sure I did not misplace it. Mom looked though Jen's purse to see if my gift card on her...but she doesn't have it. Forward to yesterday, my mom found a receipt on top of Jen's purse (she was looking to see what she had on Myspace) and what do you know? It had the same last four digits as my card. So now my sister has to feed AND water everyday, extra chores, no pc, no car, no telephone, and no ipod until she repays me.

I was angry at first that she stole from me, but it doesn't surprise me much (plus I get out of chores). But until yesterday I trusted her some, and now I wouldn't trust her at all...
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others

SPU! Join it!
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:39 am

Kelly MacCornmac wrote:^yea I'm going instate (for something techy as a major) but finding the scholarships that I can complete are hard to find... Plus mom and dad want me to get a job right now.

My biggest rant though is that after a month (around Jan. 10 I noticed it missing) after I used my gift card it was missing. I only told my family where it is and nobody outside them can steal it. I am sure I did not misplace it. Mom looked though Jen's purse to see if my gift card on her...but she doesn't have it. Forward to yesterday, my mom found a receipt on top of Jen's purse (she was looking to see what she had on Myspace) and what do you know? It had the same last four digits as my card. So now my sister has to feed AND water everyday, extra chores, no pc, no car, no telephone, and no ipod until she repays me.

I was angry at first that she stole from me, but it doesn't surprise me much (plus I get out of chores). But until yesterday I trusted her some, and now I wouldn't trust her at all...

That sucks loosing trust in loved ones. Hope you two make up in some way. :wink:
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
marvel_freak_42

Postby marvel_freak_42 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:52 am

I need to whine:

My f*cking books for school cost $450!!!

f*ck this sh*t! It's bad enough that I have to take all the same classes again due to my withdraw (I just recently returned home a week ago from a place I don't wanna talk about), but the book prices have doubled! DOUBLED! Even with my pell grant it's too much! Arrgh! I guess I'm gonna have to try for that minority scholarship again (I'm Hispanic), and hopefully it won't be f*cked up again.
Founder of the Western Orthodox Branch of the Church of Butters!

"The world will know peace when humanity is extinguished."
-- False Awakenings
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:56 am

marvel_freak_42 wrote:I need to whine:

f*ck this sh*t! It's bad enough that I have to take all the same classes again due to my withdraw (I just recently returned home a week ago from a place I don't wanna talk about), but the book prices have doubled! DOUBLED! Even with my pell grant it's too much! Arrgh! I guess I'm gonna have to try for that minority scholarship again (I'm Hispanic), and hopefully it won't be f*cked up again.

Good luck with your minority scholarship. :wink: But I don't know why they have them. I am living proof that there are poor white people. :lol: To give a scholarship to someone because they are a minority isn't right. But it's not the minority, it's the system. Nothing against you, though. :P But California is about to have Hispanics be the majority in the near future, so mabey I can be a minority and get a grant too. :lol:
marvel_freak_42

Postby marvel_freak_42 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:01 am

gtaca2005 wrote:

Good luck with your minority scholarship. :wink: But I don't know why they have them. I am living proof that there are poor white people. :lol: To give a scholarship to someone because they are a minority isn't right. But it's not the minority, it's the system. Nothing against you, though. :P But California is about to have Hispanics be the majority in the near future, so mabey I can be a minority and get a grant too. :lol:

The scholarship only applies to Hispanics whose parents' income ain't that great and whose grades are above average. It's pretty fair, actually.

-- False Awakenings
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:04 am

Never mind then, because even if I was a minority, my grades would instantly kill my chances. :lol:

I am really smart, I just don't go to school a lot, and I don't do homework. Am I stupid? No. Ignorant for not doing easy homework, yes. Fact is, I get mostly advanced on my state tests every year.
rainbow.bix

Postby rainbow.bix » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:46 pm

My uni books cost the same. Luckily, my grandparents sent me a $1000 check, in which I will be buying a laptop and my books with.

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:57 pm

Damn, I remember when tuition for a quarter was less than that. How much are you paying per quarter/semester?
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
cheesypoofs857

Postby cheesypoofs857 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:19 am

This would really sound like a thread for me; however, I must decline because everyone's tired of listening to me whining about the stupidest things.

But so I won't go off-topic, I hate the clarinet section and the students in my honors classes. They can all go jump in a pool of wet cement.
Someone wrote:Lies! None of the guys on here have seen real women!
marvel_freak_42

Postby marvel_freak_42 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:05 am

Big-Will wrote:

Damn, I remember when tuition for a quarter was less than that. How much are you paying per quarter/semester?

$750 a semester at the moment. They raised the tuition for some weird reason.

-- False Awakenings
rainbow.bix

Postby rainbow.bix » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:15 am

^ Hahahaha, that's nothing. Right now, I'm paying $5000 a YEAR for my course. After 4 years, I'll be down $20,000 before I even get a fulltime job!!

wendy28

Postby wendy28 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:21 pm

^ i feel terible for you guys. thank god i dont pay money for school yet...

so, time for venting and whining:
i went to the hospital for the last three days, and it was absolutely TERRIBLE. i was in a room with this little 4-year-old boy and his mum. his mum! they were talking hungarian all the time and the boy kicked a football around for 3 hours a day. and i lay there, reading and going insane because of all the noise he made. and twice a day his whole family (like 5 people) visited him for a couple of hours....
the nurses were bitches, one of them kept telling me to tidy up my things... i mean, hello? im ill?
and, of course, i was too small to leave the ward, i couldnt even go to the shop and buy chocolate or something. and i couldnt smoke, what made me even more pissed off.

strangely, the thing that freaked me out the most was that i wasnt allowed to have coffee for breakfast because i was to young. i mean, sh*t! im f*cking 15 years old, and i cant have coffee??

im so glad im back at home. SO incredibly glad.
favorite character: kyle!

Horrific, deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words!
cheesypoofs857

Postby cheesypoofs857 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:57 pm

TB's mad at me because I accidentally bothered him at the wrong time two weeks ago! The hell?! :x

This must be what I get for having such low standards.
Someone wrote:Lies! None of the guys on here have seen real women!

Return to “Hot Topics”