Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: Woe is Me- a whining/venting thread

Postby Big-Will » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:23 pm

Mr. Hat_DX27 wrote:
Big-Will wrote:
superiorsavior wrote:OK, your really pushing this now. Thanks for showing how sensitive Catholics are to abuse victims, you really are a good representitive for your faith :)

Thanks for showing how you're inserting religion where I never mentioned it. You're getting a week ban for that.

Now, teh lolrus, if there IS abuse going on in his family, you'd be doing your boyfriend a favor in reporting his family to the authorities. Jeez.

Hmmm...I donno, even I think that was low....

What?
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
teh-lolrus

Postby teh-lolrus » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:30 pm

Stop. Please. For everyone's sake, just stop the fighting. I didn't mean to get everyone all pissed off at each other and...ugh. Geez, I do have the uncanny ability to piss off everyone and lead to drama in both real life and online.

Big-Will can say what he wants, I don't really care. I'm just using this place to rant it all out instead of taking it out on my family and friends (when I'm at school); that usually turns out bad for everyone.

I think I'll go take a break from here until I can get ahold of my emotions again. Just thinking about all my bitching makes my mind hurt.

Okay- on the authorities thing: I think the hitting was just this one time, I've never heard of it happen before with him. I'll check up on him tomorrow if he shows up to school tomorrow. Besides, the authorities probably won't give two sh*ts about this- if I got the innards beaten out of me in middle school more than my fair share of times and no one responded, I don't think they'll care any more about one hitting incident.
._.
Butterslover21

Postby Butterslover21 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:31 pm

poor lolrus...
honk if you're f*cking steve carell (cause i really wish i was!)

"i like girls with big fat titties, i like girls with deep vaginas" - kenny
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:32 pm

Don't worry about us; this happens once in a while.

AHAD wrote:AHAD doesn't need any religion to hate. He hates all powerfull people, and people who think they're powerfull, equally :)

AHAD doesn't need to be here at all. :) He hasn't contributed anything worthy of a reply.

M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:35 pm

Big-Will wrote:
M00ndragon69 wrote:By the way I think it is BS that you banned Supersaviour for disagreeing with you.

Disagreement is fine. It's an attack against religion where none was mentioned before that got him banned. If he had kept religion out of it, he wouldn't be banned now.

Well, Will, here is a fact of life, when everyone knows what religion you are because you make a big deal out of it, you kind of become a representative of that that faith to everyone you know who isn't a part of it..Whether you like it or not. People may look at your behaviour and depending on how you act make judgements and assumptions about your beliefs. And yes that applies to me too, and I know I have done and said things on this board that may make all Pagans look bad to people who don't know much about what I believe, and I take responsibility for my actions on this board.

Anyway, I know what SS was getting at. Does your religion not preach that you should show kindness and compassion to people who are in bad situations? Did you do that when you said her boyfriend was pussywhipped? No, you didn't. You laughed at his misfortune, then when you got called on it, made the excuse that if he was being abused she should go to the authorities. And if your religion is such a huge part of your life as you make it sound like it is in alot of your past posts, well what does that make you for saying what you did to Teh Lorus? SS shouldn't have been banned for questioning you on this, and there are other Catholics on this board. Maybe they should tell you off too, because you are making your religion look bad to people outside of it.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:41 pm

teh-lolrus wrote:Stop. Please. For everyone's sake, just stop the fighting. I didn't mean to get everyone all pissed off at each other and...ugh. Geez, I do have the uncanny ability to piss off everyone and lead to drama in both real life and online.

Big-Will can say what he wants, I don't really care. I'm just using this place to rant it all out instead of taking it out on my family and friends (when I'm at school); that usually turns out bad for everyone.

I think I'll go take a break from here until I can get ahold of my emotions again. Just thinking about all my bitching makes my mind hurt.

Okay- on the authorities thing: I think the hitting was just this one time, I've never heard of it happen before with him. I'll check up on him tomorrow if he shows up to school tomorrow. Besides, the authorities probably won't give two sh*ts about this- if I got the innards beaten out of me in middle school more than my fair share of times and no one responded, I don't think they'll care any more about one hitting incident.

Hey, you didn't do anything. You sound like you are in a situation where you don't have many people to talk to offline. If you need to vent on here, vent. The fight had nothing to do with you, for me and SS it was just one more time we see Will making an assholish comment . This wasn't the only time Will and I have ever had this kind of disagreement, and it probably won't be the last time. You aren't to blame for it. And if anyone should apologize it is Will.

And I am talking to SuperSaviour right now on MSN, he wanted me to let you know that if he could apologize to you in person, he would.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:47 pm

M00ndragon69 wrote:Well, Will, here is a fact of life, when everyone knows what religion you are because you make a big deal out of it, you kind of become a representative of that that faith to everyone you know who isn't a part of it..Whether you like it or not. People may look at your behaviour and depending on how you act make judgements and assumptions about your beliefs. And yes that applies to me too, and I know I have done and said things on this board that may make all Pagans look bad to people who don't know much about what I believe, and I take responsibility for my actions on this board.

Alrighty.

M00ndragon69 wrote:Anyway, I know what SS was getting at. Does your religion not preach that you should show kindness and compassion to people who are in bad situations? Did you do that when you said her boyfriend was pussywhipped? No, you didn't. You laughed at his misfortune,

Why would you assume I was laughing?

M00ndragon69 wrote:then when you got called on it, made the excuse that if he was being abused she should go to the authorities.

Why would I use that as an excuse? I've read this entire thread and abuse didn't cross my mind until teh lolrus mentioned his parents' sudden turn. Still, it's an alien notion to me that a teenage boy should cry if his mom hits him, especially one on the verge of manhood. Maybe kids were tougher in my time.

And if your religion is such a huge part of your life as you make it sound like it is in alot of your past posts, well what does that make you for saying what you did to Teh Lorus? SS shouldn't have been banned for questioning you on this, and there are other Catholics on this board. Maybe they should tell you off too, because you are making your religion look bad to people outside of it.

Relgion may be a big part of me, but as they say in Presidential politics, it should not be a litmus test, and everyone who look at my behaviour (or yours) and depending on how I or you act make judgements and assumptions about either of our beliefs is making them a litmus test. I'm not moderating under canon law, you know?

M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:01 pm

I said it was an excuse, because the comment about her going to the authorities came from you right after you got called on what you said. It sounded to me like you were saying "Oh well, she should have gone to the authorities anyway instead of bitching here", instead of saying that maybe you shouldn't have said he was pussy whipped and apologizing.

I assumed you were laughing, because usually when the phrase "pussy whipped" comes up, the guy who the comment is about is getting laughed at for being pushed around by a woman.

Yeah, I am sure the notion that a boy would cry after getting hit by his mother is alien to you. I think you have a hard time putting yourself in another person's shoes, which is why alot of people I have talked to think you are a dick and think you act like your opinions and feelings are the only ones that are valid. You might not have cried if your mom hit you, but maybe your Mom didn't hit you as hard as some mothers hit their sons, and maybe Teh Lorus's boyfriend has a much worse relationship with his parent's than you did with yours. You are not him, so how can you judge him for not reacting to that situation the way you would?
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:11 pm

M00ndragon69 wrote:I said it was an excuse, because the comment about her going to the authorities came from you right after you got called on what you said. It sounded to me like you were saying "Oh well, she should have gone to the authorities anyway instead of bitching here", instead of saying that maybe you shouldn't have said he was pussy whipped and apologizing.

I assumed you were laughing, because usually when the phrase "pussy whipped" comes up, the guy who the comment is about is getting laughed at for being pushed around by a woman.

Yeah, I am sure the notion that a boy would cry after getting hit by his mother is alien to you. I think you have a hard time putting yourself in another person's shoes, which is why alot of people I have talked to think you are a dick and think you act like your opinions and feelings are the only ones that are valid. You might not have cried if your mom hit you, but maybe your Mom didn't hit you as hard as some mothers hit their sons, and maybe Teh Lorus's boyfriend has a much worse relationship with his parent's than you did with yours. You are not him, so how can you judge him for not reacting to that situation the way you would?

But yeah..I think you owe Teh Lorus an apology for your comment, and I think you need to unbann SS. Who else agrees?
Butterslover21

Postby Butterslover21 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:33 pm

i agree! superiorsavior is my best friend!
honk if you're f*cking steve carell (cause i really wish i was!)

"i like girls with big fat titties, i like girls with deep vaginas" - kenny
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:22 pm

SS may have done better to not involve "religion", but Will's comments were pretty uncalled for...so yeah, I gotta side with m00n on this. :P
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:49 am

Looking back at what happened, I'm no mod, but although SS shouldn't have involved some one's religion, I don't think it was bad enough to be worth a ban. I can't say I know all the forum rules back and forth though.
"Now Kyle, don't fly too close to the sun, or it'll burn your wings, an- and you'll crash into the ocean!"

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
KrazyKenny

Postby KrazyKenny » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:02 am

Oh My f*cking God! I DON'T Want To Go To School Tomorrow.
To need, but not have.
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg16 ... newsig.jpg
If life ain't just a joke, then why are we laughing?

when you think it can't get any worse...think again

"This makes me want to smoosh babies!"-ME
Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:26 am

Well, if there's a good enough reason, you shouldn't have to go. Do you have a good reason?
"Now Kyle, don't fly too close to the sun, or it'll burn your wings, an- and you'll crash into the ocean!"

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
KrazyKenny

Postby KrazyKenny » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:20 am

I would tell you about it...but it's time to go and try to sleep (because I will have to go to school tomorrow). Maybe tomorrow. Good night/day/afternoon everyone. :zombiekenny:
To need, but not have.
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg16 ... newsig.jpg
If life ain't just a joke, then why are we laughing?

when you think it can't get any worse...think again

"This makes me want to smoosh babies!"-ME

Return to “Hot Topics”