Woe is Me- a whining/venting thread

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

Butterslover21

Re: Woe is Me- a whining/venting thread

Postby Butterslover21 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:06 am

okay, anybody who wants to message me, sorry, but i can't get to my page right now. the stupid log in button ain't working!
honk if you're f*cking steve carell (cause i really wish i was!)

"i like girls with big fat titties, i like girls with deep vaginas" - kenny
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:18 am

M00ndragon69 wrote:Long post about group drama

Agree.

Cerisa_Roz wrote:Does anyone know how to report posts for harassment? Especially if someone makes a post with a picture for the purpose of directly attacking someone else?

For some reason, reporting must have been disabled when the site's whole layout was revamped. Seeing how only one mod seems to hang around this place anymore, I guess it's just as effective to just report the post through PM....either way, the total effectiveness is...variable....

Cerisa_Roz wrote:I was f*cking upset, and for you to come and drag up OLD DRAMA (from an older rant) is petty. I'm gone from the group, you should've let it die. But no, people just can't leave good enough alone.

This is something that has always puzzled me. It's not the first time someone has brought up old drama, not particularly about you, but, still. I know one of the people in question continues to bring up old sh*t. I kind of blame Shane for the whole group involvement thing though, I mean, back in the day when something huge broke out, he would organize chats to "settle things" and all that does is....well....perhaps it's best not to say. But yeah, I don't understand why some people feel as though there NEEDS to be conflict in order to carry on.

Cerisa_Roz wrote:Guess what? Trying to be forced into a chat you don't want to be in and wanting to be excommunicated from a group yet others feeling the need to mock=it's happened before. Except I guess people like you think it's righteous to do so. When it happens to you, maybe you'll think different.

There are several reasons for this. Again, sometimes it's in an attempt to settle a dispute, other times...well, I don't know. Other times (like in KSWF/Jason's case), it's because he doesn't want to make you feel excluded and doesn't know you want out. There are several reasons. Which one is the right one is really up to you.
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
butters kenny

Postby butters kenny » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:24 am

Butterslover21 wrote:okay, anybody who wants to message me, sorry, but i can't get to my page right now. the stupid log in button ain't working!

thats easy to fix just click on any random person then click pm and on the far left side itll say inbox and stuff click on it and you can get to your inbox so you can see your messages
I Wasn't choking you I was just hugging your neck

R.I.P Chef for realz this time

( chef joined the sith so why don't you?)

R.I.P Billy Bonka
teh-lolrus

Postby teh-lolrus » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:32 am

@ Schantrac- When was that? Perhaps that rule should be reinstated.

@ Butterslover21- Little brothers hog up the computer for the meh-est reasons out there. My little brother has been obsessing over Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, hence he hogs up the computer to look up every f*cking thing Zelda. Lame. As for getting that time limit...how strict are they keeping rules? When I get grounded, I wait a few days and then sneak away with the computer. My parents don't really enforce that rule...

:roll:

@ Niels0827- Chill the f*ck out, seriously. If this is old drama like everyone says, just leave it the f*ck alone in the past. We don't really need old grudges against each other in this thread, let alone anywhere on the BBS.

@ Hatman- Yeah. It's quite a nasty idea to try to drag people into this stuff. I agree with you here.

@ Stormz- School trouble sucks. I feel for you, dude. It's just so much of a drag sometimes...but I'm sure you'll pull through this. Good luck with your situations.

@ M00n- I agree with your advice here. I mean, it's not going to stop for either side until a mutual truce, if you may, has been called and people just back away from the issues. I'm rather appalled at this calling out/harassment behavior, though. Aren't you guys generally college-aged and over already? Is drama still really that bad after High School?

><

@ Cerisa- I don't think there is a button to report posts, but you can probably PM Big-Will or nall and they'll probably take care of the issues. Don't hold me to this, though.
._.
teh-lolrus

Postby teh-lolrus » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:36 am

[Sorry for the double post, I was worried that this stuff would make my post too long to post...]

I got f*cking heatstroke when I went out to the Art Show to pick up my crappy work today. Seriously, it sucks. Even though I chugged as much water as I could hold there, I feel like I'm dying slowly and burning inside out and ready to drink all the fresh water in the world and it wouldn't be enough.

Thing is, I was only out for about three hours with my buddies, which is nothing compared to a normal Southerner's time spent outdoors. It's no wonder I'm such an indoor recluse.

><

I hate hot weather!

Oh, I hate the fact that I was practically walking through clouds of cigarette smoke there, too. I have an extremely sensitive respiratory system and it's bad enough that I have pneumonia right now. It made me want to cough, but my inhaler made it physically impossible to cough- it actually hurt to try to cough out all the damn smoke. There was even smoke in the children's area. The nerve!

:x
._.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:08 am

Yeah unfortunately drama can be this bad after high school. I don't know if it is because the people who get into this kind of thing are still young and hormonal, or they haven't had enough experience yet to know how to deal with a situation where two people in their circle of friends aren't getting along or what. But I do know the best way to handle that situation is to just let the people who aren't getting along work it out on their own. And to not let people get you caught up in the drama. People can get crazy over this type of thing, I have seen people get really worked up after everyone talking about the drama, almost to the point of going and kicking someone's ass over really little petty stuff.
Cerisa_Roz

Postby Cerisa_Roz » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:40 am

Or if a person won't settle it with the other and simply wants to turn the issue on them and 'settle' things by dragging the other person down, it's best for them to drop it completely if the other person leaves and doesn't want back in.

Sometimes things just don't work out the way people wish they would, and I know, it's horrible. It's even worse when someone carries, oh, an almost-year long grudge against a group of people for "persecuting" them and wishing death on everyone. Nah, I wouldn't go there, no matter what someone wants to think. THAT'S what you'd call a time bomb.

Anyway:

My head hurts and I've been stressed out by REAL drama, besides this crap. Some think that just because real life drama (or net drama) doesn't affect THEM, that must mean it can't affect others. I've been having nightmares and freaky dreams due to the overload of crap going on: I tried sleeping earlier, but woke up due to an odd dream where I was looking all pretty (for once) and some girl was all "I don't hate you" and one of my ex-friends was there, and I woke up because it was so strange.

And recently, I had a nightmare where I was snatched by someone and dragged to the point where when I managed to break away (after screaming for help and not getting any), I was beaten up and panicking and trying to hide in some weird mall/playground/maze hybrid. What the heck is with the hybrid places in dreams >_< And the fact that I kept screaming and crying for help when I was being dragged by someone who overpowered me the way they did and nobody did a THING...it's creepy.

And I've been thinking about how it reflects drama, where people just will drag crap on and on and hurt others over THEIR desire to get "lulz" or to give 'comeuppance'. And nobody does a thing to stop it.

I've had nightmares involving quite a lot of blood before, so I was surprised this one wasn't as bloody, but involved a lot of hurt anyway *one nightmare I had during some drama involved someone who I had been trying my best to get away from coming into a class and slashing my throat open with a knife. Or rather, my dream-representation, since I never saw a picture of this person*

People think because they don't care about this stuff and that their life is 'great', that others' drama in their lives is insignificant and they're stupid for worrying or being upset say, when they've got problems at home or have TONS of unneeded stress. And then when people make it worse.

It's inconsiderate.
teh-lolrus

Postby teh-lolrus » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:31 am

M00ndragon69 wrote:Yeah unfortunately drama can be this bad after high school. I don't know if it is because the people who get into this kind of thing are still young and hormonal, or they haven't had enough experience yet to know how to deal with a situation where two people in their circle of friends aren't getting along or what. But I do know the best way to handle that situation is to just let the people who aren't getting along work it out on their own. And to not let people get you caught up in the drama. People can get crazy over this type of thing, I have seen people get really worked up after everyone talking about the drama, almost to the point of going and kicking someone's ass over really little petty stuff.

Aw, bitch. I was looking forward to all the drama sh*t ending after I was done with High School in about a year. I can't believe things like this really happen to kids in college, both online and off.

In such case, do I start growing out my [figurative] skin to deal with this stuff? I don't want to be hurt again... What should I do to prepare my emotional side from shattering when I'm in college?

@ Cerisa- People rubbing real drama is worse than anything. It really does suck, and I'm really sorry that you have to deal with this kind of sh*t all the time. I hope those nightmares go away and you sleep better, too.

:(
._.
CartmanMills

Postby CartmanMills » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:55 pm

Just wanted to see how you were all doing.

I need to vent - mostly, everything has been fine. College is going okay, I had a party the other day which I caught up with people and I went to a wrestling show which I really enjoyed (and met the Iron Sheik - who was mellow :P, a rarity indeed :P)

But yesterday, I was so mad. Basically, we began a radio live show yesterday called 'Dropkick Radio' where we discuss wrestling news and such. It was a really good experience but slightly soured by someone who has held a grudge against me for a very long time who was listening - and also in the chat. I went into the chat so I could be interactive and, from the get go, this guy started his sh*t. I basically told him, in no uncertain terms, to f*ck off. And he told me:

"I wish you'd f*ck off for good. Harsh but fair."

Which I took as him wanting me dead - I left the chat (and wish I hadn't although I would have had to anyway due to the sounds and such from the chat which would have affected the broadcast). I thought the guy went too far and made me wonder just how much this guy despises me; so I spoke to a few people to sort of vent and then told the two people I was on the broadcast with about the incident; they laughed, saying that nobody paid any attention to him and he simply went away after losing a competition, storming out of the chat (they also refused to enter him into the competition due to his behavior although I questioned why he wasn't thrown out of the chat). It was such childish behavior that I couldn't help but laugh - a death threat coming from a grown man against a nineteen year old teen? Well, sad.

This guy is basically apart of a forum I'm on which is apart of a British wrestling company. Just around Christmas, I was at a wrestling show and ended up getting into an altercation with a wrestler which was absolutely stupid on my part. The guy fell into me basically and spilt my drink so I poured the rest on him - after getting an earful from my friends and such about it, I realized that it was wrong and apologised to the wrestler in question who seemed pretty okay about it all and even shared a joke with me at the next show about it (after actually not recognizing me :P).

But this guy went into hysteria, telling me (online, of coarse) that I was lucky I didn't get pummelled and that 'Lee' (who was the wrestler' name) was understanding and such. Which I said yes, that the matter was over and that I apologised. He told me I'd lost his and his friends respect and went away - which, to be honest, I could have cared less. The people who I attend the show with are decent people and it's them I care about along with just having fun - I realized I was wrong and it was definately a learning experience. Since then, he has done nothing but show me disrespect and tell everyone how much he hates me - not a big deal, but he has never said anything to me or even met me in person. And I'm actually okay to be around - a bit eccentric, but.. This person has overstepped the line more than once and once hijacked a birthday thread to the wrestler when, knowing that everything was fine and had joked beforehand, made a joke about the whole thing. He told me what a unhygenic loser I was who's friends didn't like me and neither did anyone else. Lies, of coarse. He also made some stuff up which I confronted him on PM later - he lied and lied until he deleted his account because he was close to being kicked off the forum.

So this latest incident got me angry - without knowing me, judging me on one incident.. yeah, I'm annoyed. And the fact that he's never even been able to confront me about it all makes it even worse - I know who he is and what he looks like and, believe me, he's an absolute tool. But I am slightly annoyed that my friends, who I attend the show with, seem to care less and actually speak to him. Some do, some don't. Which makes me question whether they'd stick up for me - they tell me they're siding with me but nobody seems to care. I just wish someone, not me, would tell him to button it. But, right now, I feel like going up to him and punching him square in the face - I'm not a violent person but he's gone beyond personal. But the only person who will win is him - I only see him at shows (or after just mingling) and it would probably reflect badly on me if I lash out. On the other hand, being told "just ignore him" doesn't do any good to me because I can't really do that. Not now.

Since this death threat took place outside these forums, I can't complain to the people in the forum about it. And whilst he doesn't contribute to the forums as much as he used to, he still posts now and again. It's not the fact that dislikes me - it's the fact that he knowingly says sh*t to me and nobody does anything about it. My friends don't seem to WANT to get involved and that's a blow to me - if my friend was being threatened, I'd definately get involved. So I'm unsure as to where to go - police? No. It's an online thing, really. So it's either confrontation or simply waiting until he makes a threat to me on the forums and such.. I'm not sure. Advice?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:50 pm

teh-lolrus wrote:@ Cerisa- I don't think there is a button to report posts, but you can probably PM Big-Will or nall and they'll probably take care of the issues. Don't hold me to this, though.

Click on the "!" under your avatar and to the left of "Edit" to report a post. We'll notice a big red ! after the thread name and have a look at the offending post as well as your reason for reporting it.

teh-lolrus wrote:Aw, bitch. I was looking forward to all the drama sh*t ending after I was done with High School in about a year. I can't believe things like this really happen to kids in college, both online and off.

It happens less and less often, but it'll happen. In college, at work after college (office politics), even in old age. You'll have to learn what's worth arguing about and what just deserves to be ignored.

CartmanMills wrote:Since this death threat took place outside these forums, I can't complain to the people in the forum about it. And whilst he doesn't contribute to the forums as much as he used to, he still posts now and again. It's not the fact that dislikes me - it's the fact that he knowingly says sh*t to me and nobody does anything about it. My friends don't seem to WANT to get involved and that's a blow to me - if my friend was being threatened, I'd definately get involved. So I'm unsure as to where to go - police? No. It's an online thing, really. So it's either confrontation or simply waiting until he makes a threat to me on the forums and such.. I'm not sure. Advice?

If this threat took place in person or over the phone, you could get the police involved. If it was over e-mail, you could report him to his ISP for it. If it was a PM over the forums, you can forward it to the admins and have them deal with it. Complaining about it publicly (in the forums) will just get his attention and might make the threats worse.

Cerisa_Roz wrote:Tower of Text

Niels0827 wrote:subsequent posts

So the Anonymous Meddler (or the guy he was defending) has posted. You shouldn't post IM's that may come back to bite you in the ass. :(
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:54 pm

Big-Will wrote:
teh-lolrus wrote:Aw, bitch. I was looking forward to all the drama sh*t ending after I was done with High School in about a year. I can't believe things like this really happen to kids in college, both online and off.

It happens less and less often, but it'll happen. In college, at work after college (office politics), even in old age. You'll have to learn what's worth arguing about and what just deserves to be ignored.

I was just about to say as much.
CartmanMills

Postby CartmanMills » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:14 pm

If this threat took place in person or over the phone, you could get the police involved. If it was over e-mail, you could report him to his ISP for it. If it was a PM over the forums, you can forward it to the admins and have them deal with it. Complaining about it publicly (in the forums) will just get his attention and might make the threats worse.

No, he's never approached me in person, over the phone or email. Anything like that. It was in a chatroom. I don't publically complain - but I have complained to forum admins in the past due to some PM's he sent me basically full of abuse and just, generally, character-assassination.

To be fair, it's the first 'threat' he's made. Mostly, I've complained in the past due to his behavior towards me which was excessive - the moderators had some discussion about him and before he was kicked off, he deleted his account. Believe me, he's not well liked. He's back now and, although I see/hear very little of him, the death threat to me on the chat was especially disturbing. Moreso the lesser reaction to it...

He's just a hateful sh*t without even knowing me, really.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:39 pm

CartmanMills wrote:To be fair, it's the first 'threat' he's made. Mostly, I've complained in the past due to his behavior towards me which was excessive - the moderators had some discussion about him and before he was kicked off, he deleted his account. Believe me, he's not well liked. He's back now and, although I see/hear very little of him, the death threat to me on the chat was especially disturbing. Moreso the lesser reaction to it...

He's just a hateful sh*t without even knowing me, really.

Heh, a first threat. Don't bother with it. Ignore him or blick him.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
teh-lolrus

Postby teh-lolrus » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:28 am

CartmanMills- Bleh. I'm sorry you have to deal with sh*t like that. I just don't understand why some people are so spiteful for no reason. I'd take Big-Will's advice in your situation, personally, I wouldn't know what to do in those circumstances yet.

Big-Will- Ah. Thanks for the advice. I bring this up only because I want a break from all the stupid drama I deal with these days. To be truthful, I've been dealing with anti-non-conforming drama ever since 6th grade (although that year's drama was from someone being jealous of my grades and art). Okay...that's been a problem in general- jealousy of this and that. I hate being on the receiving it so very much... I'm just worried that I'll get a complete dumbass as a roommate to deal with when I go to college in a few years.

I have no clue why my neck, shoulders, and hip are killing me. I haven't been this sore in a while. I think I got stuck in the crack between the bed and wall again or I slept like a pretzel (I've been known to do that). It's either that or the after-effects of too much hot-weather exposure- I get a plethora of sicknesses if I'm out in the heat and humidity too much.

><

Oh, I'm still ripping my brains out over the AP Exams and it turns out there's a Physics exam tomorrow!

:o
._.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:54 pm

I realized something f*cked up...
I can never go to college. :o

Although I have good test scores, scored advanced on two subjects on my state tests, and proficient in the other two, and even though I have outstanding California High School Exit Exam scores (I got 100% on 3 sections of my English, 95% on another, but the last one was 67%. :? ), I know that I can never, ever, go to college.

Why?
Because I was stupid and didn't do any homework and got pretty much straight F's on my report cards because of it. The only good grade I got was in Computer Animation. I am poor, and white. Believe it or not, this is a disadvantage. If you are black, you can utilize the Negro College Fund, if you're something other that white, you can utilize the scholarship that Marvel Freak was talking about for minorities. I am white and poor, so nothing can help me. I can't get a student loan because I don't have ANYONE in my family with good credit to co-sign, I can't do it because I don't even have credit. I can't get in on a sports scholarship, nor one based on grades. I was stupid and failed myself.

I don't know what to do now. I bet if there was a test to get into college, I would be able to do it with little effort, but the just don't offer that, I think. (Is there any test like that?) Inmates in the California Department of Corrections have more opportunities than I do. (My uncle is getting a grant from the CDC, WTF?) I would try, but I think it's too late. :|
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior

Return to “Hot Topics”