[Storytime] Tales from the BBS Crypt

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:21 pm

Yeah, that one. I gotta memorize it. :lol:
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:30 pm

Same here. :lol: It does sound awesome to speak while pissed off.

I had 3 years of German though in school, and didn't like it. And in the one year since I dropped it, I've forgot almost everything about it, except for counting numbers, saying my name and other little stupid questions/phrases.
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
Stanley_Marsh109

Postby Stanley_Marsh109 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:09 pm

For some reason I connected with German a lot better than I did with Spanish. The grammar is very complicated but not impossible to learn.
I'm only happy when I'm in my misery...

Thanks to Mr. Hat_DX27 for the sig!
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:10 pm

I've had two and a half years of Spanish and I need one more semester. I wish I had taken a different language though. Italian would've been cool. Learning Spanish just kinda encourages illegal immigration to continue. I don't want to welcome illegal immigrants by speaking their language. Learn English! I also don't care to go to any Spanish-speaking country except maybe Spain. More than anyplace, I'd like to go to England, and I don't have to learn a new language there... maybe just a few new idioms.

"The only British idiom I know is that fag means cigarette."
"Well, somebody tell this cigarette to shut up!"
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:28 am

KennyStanWendyFan wrote:"The only British idiom I know is that fag means cigarette."
"Well, somebody tell this cigarette to shut up!"

:lol: Man if that's all you know, then avoid London. Cockney rhyming slang is a language of it's own. =P

(If you've seen Austin Powers 3 then you'll get what I mean.)
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:06 pm

From 2001 to 2004, I had a marketing teacher from Liverpool, England. (Hometown of The Beatles! :o) He'd use a lot of slang, such as calling people "bloody planks." He told us a bunch of British idioms and none of them made sense to us. :lol:
MissingOctober

Postby MissingOctober » Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:50 pm

Lol. I've learned a lot of English stuff from the internet, Harry Potter, and just movies.

But what I really want to learn now is Russian. Something about Russian sounds ingenious to me. It sounds powerful, I think. More so than German.
Stanley_Marsh109

Postby Stanley_Marsh109 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:08 pm

Russian is a pretty language and it flows very nicely. There's also something forbidding about it, probably because of the Soviet Union's people speaking it.
I'm only happy when I'm in my misery...

Thanks to Mr. Hat_DX27 for the sig!
RacheyraE

Postby RacheyraE » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:33 pm

MissingOctober wrote:But what I really want to learn now is Russian. Something about Russian sounds ingenious to me. It sounds powerful, I think. More so than German.

Russian would be an awesome language to learn... along with German.

I probably would learn German but isn't it only really spoken in Germany? The language wouldn't be of much use to me... If I ever learned it, it would just be because I want to.

I'm currently learning Spanish and French... both of which I enjoy studying. I'd have to say I like Spanish more though. Probably because I picked it up faster than French.
Kyle's_Marklar

Postby Kyle's_Marklar » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:30 pm

^ You all are so ambitious. I take Spanish and can't wait to finish that crap. I actually am Russian and hardly know how to speak it and have no idea how to read/ write in Russian. English is enough for me.
Remember... the more posts you have, the bigger your penis is!
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:11 am

2 1/2 years of Spanish was enough for me. I flunked out after a semester my Sophomore year. My teacher f*cking sucked too, she actually gave us a quiz over some crappy movie we watched and a quiz on when her dad came and talked to the class for an entire period! Needless to say I'd b totally screwed if I ever went to Mexico. I may as well piss in the street, because there's no way I could ask where the hell a bathroom is.

(Yes, it's bano, I know. You get the point though.)
tweekedkenny

Postby tweekedkenny » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:27 am

I want to learn Mongolian. I actually learned a bit of Finnish. It was some website, I know how to say pussy (pillu), homosexual (homo, coincidentally), and most importantly breasts!!!(rittan) However, it was on the internet, and those could not be Finnish words at all.
Stovepipe_Jam

Postby Stovepipe_Jam » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:34 am

Lol I took French for three years or something, and I didn't learn anything from it. :D What a poor learner I am.... :lol:
megan*w

Postby megan*w » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:55 pm

I do French at school and it is sh*tty, mostly because of my teacher.

Can someone tell a story now? :P
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:03 pm

Heh, lets get back on topic or something...

I've read KSWF's comics... I know slightly more about the BBS now. =)

Were these getting posted up on this 'back in the day'?

Return to “Hot Topics”