[Storytime] Tales from the BBS Crypt

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:02 pm

See, I don’t get it, the Stubble Boy add never played audio on me unless I actually rolled over it, and even then it didn't do it a lot, but from what people have said, it does it on it’s own. I wonder if it has to do with the browser and crap like that.
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:13 pm

I never saw The Mudds or Stubble Boy ads. The Mudds I know was just blocked, but I think I was absent most of the time the Stubble Boy was on here. The most annoying ad ever was the one with Vader. That was just on the site, so no pop-up blockers could defeat it. Plus, it played it's audio track everytime you loaded a page. You didn't even have to rollover it, it would do it anyway.
IneedBoutTREEFIDDY

Postby IneedBoutTREEFIDDY » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:34 pm

I liked the Darth vader ad, it gave some substance to the site.
Setting the standard since 1852
Sizzling Lynn

Postby Sizzling Lynn » Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:59 pm

IneedBoutTREEFIDDY wrote:I liked the Darth vader ad, it gave some substance to the site.

I agree that that ad was a hell of a lot better than most of the ads that were previously here.
treefiddy_350

Postby treefiddy_350 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:51 am

^^LOL^^ its kb.
crazy bitch.
Member# 325291
Sizzling Lynn

Postby Sizzling Lynn » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:40 am

Nice to see you too, douche.
Nommel

Postby Nommel » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:46 am

You're all gay! :)
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:19 pm

The last three posts should be deleted as they have nothing to do with the topic.

Lemme see.......who remember the Russian guy who claimed to stuff the ballots in the E-Lection?
That's how it's down here on the farm!
kenny'sdead233

Postby kenny'sdead233 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:55 pm

Mr. Hat_DX27 wrote:
Nommel wrote:
Athena1999 wrote:Hm... if no one has done this yet, we might as well!

So... what did 2006 bring to the BBS? Having not truly becoming "active" until June, I only have a few... what I can think of includes:

-The vast wave of Chef n00bs taking over the forum in March, followed by the 9/11 n00bs making a mega-thread this October?

-KB gets banned... D:

-We get a bunch of memorable trolls, including danielprive6 who called you "smeely grass stain" if he disliked you, and the disgruntled Machine_Man who made a record 100-odd "SUCK MY BALLS" threads. Plus, the fanfic thread was plagued by one Phoenix_91...

-SJ leaves... no, he doesn't. Wait, he does! No, he's not going to leave. Wait, he returns under a different username as a better poster.

Erm... that's all I can think of. If you can think of any more feel free to add to the list. XD

-kanichiwad's TBS site getting blown up twice

-To add to the list of trolls, don't forget NAFB! D:

-Nall's attempt to re-design the site, which got us an annoying new background that doesn't even fit on the f***ing screen

-THE STUBBLE BOY AD!!!!!

-A bunch of people get tired of the site and leave, many of them who are awesome and I kinda miss. :(

The coming of SJ under his original screen name

-A bunch of people randomly coming in ranting about Chef, Tom Cruise and Scientology, why Go God Go didn’t have a 3rd part, how offensive Stanley’s Cup is, and and a bunch of other stuff about season 10 and 9.2 eps.

-People complaining about new moderators, which SJ tries taking advantage of. :P

-A bunch of season 10 games that don’t really have stuff to do with season 10, but are addicting nonetheless. :P

-The site stopped giving me phpBB Database connection errors at 4 in the morning like it did in late 2005. (random technical fact) :P

-New, even more slightly harder-to-read background pic for the BBS user panel.

-Demise of the SP Armies

-Public panic when people found out Orange_Kenny has stopped posting.

-War the ban on UCONN

-No new Matt Chats :P

...some other things too :P

-BBS coupling loses it's "popularity"

-People expressing thier general hate for fan banners (they are not gone... just there is a lot less of them)

-The greatest day of IBTF's BBS life, the day SoaP started playing in theaters

-Many people coming down with the BBS version of Mutiple Personality Disorder (having more than one account)

-Countless small forums blowing over.
Last edited by kenny'sdead233 on Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:01 pm

ShaneHaughey wrote:Lemme see.......who remember the Russian guy who claimed to stuff the ballots in the E-Lection?

I sure as hell don't, but I remember somebody from Russia joined, and started a thread which had something to do with being Russian. Practically every reply that followed was of someone 'speeking leik rusia'. :lol:

I would like to know exactly what the E-Lections were, actually.
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:22 pm

kenny'sdead233 wrote:-iceiwynd changes her sig after having the same one for over a year. I think thats right.. correct me if I am wrong iceiwynd

Try a little over six months.

Come to think of it, I've had this one for almost six months, too. I think I'll switch back to my first one and just go on six-month intervals until I come up with something new (which I probably won't for a while because I'm lazy).
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:22 pm

iceiwynd wrote:
kenny'sdead233 wrote:-iceiwynd changes her sig after having the same one for over a year. I think thats right.. correct me if I am wrong iceiwynd

Try a little over six months.

Come to think of it, I've had this one for almost six months, too. I think I'll switch back to my first one and just go on six-month intervals until I come up with something new (which I probably won't for a while because I'm lazy).

It’s been a while since I did a signature too...I have been overtaken by the lazies. =P
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:29 pm

Eh, I've made a few signatures in the last week or so, but none for this board. I like this one, though, so I'm sticking with it.
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:39 pm

Jay C wrote:Eh, I've made a few signatures in the last week or so, but none for this board. I like this one, though, so I'm sticking with it.

It's funny, so it's all good. :P
kaileykorn

Postby kaileykorn » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:48 pm

[quote="Jay C":600e6]Eh, I've made a few signatures in the last week or so, but none for this board. I like this one, though, so I'm sticking with it.[/quote:600e6]

[color=cyan:600e6]TC made mine, and I still love it. :)

Anyway, about aforementioned russia guy... that was absolutely hilarious. I remember Uncle Alex started a russia thread, and although he was being serious (and he's a pretty cool guy), UCONN, Jaysun, AGNAT, Lior, James, and I totally spammed it up with russia speek. Sometimes we just cannot help ourselves.[/color:600e6]

Return to “Hot Topics”