[Storytime] Tales from the BBS Crypt

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

Indigo Rose

Re: [Storytime] Tales from the BBS Crypt

Postby Indigo Rose » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:03 am

So... anyone have a story to tell? This is storytime, after all.
"Now Kyle, don't fly too close to the sun, or it'll burn your wings, an- and you'll crash into the ocean!"

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:10 am

Indigo Rose wrote:So... anyone have a story to tell? This is storytime, after all.

Wanna hear the epic of the LA_KING bastard? I was there when the whole FanFic fiasco started...

:|
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:13 am

Sure! I was looking back at some fanfics, and I saw some of his posts. What a jackhole.
"Now Kyle, don't fly too close to the sun, or it'll burn your wings, an- and you'll crash into the ocean!"

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:27 am

Indigo Rose wrote:Sure! I was looking back at some fanfics, and I saw some of his posts. What a jackhole.

Well...let's see...

In the beginning...there was this arse called Mole_of_Quebec or something like that. He (at least I believe) trolled the main BBS during the Second Age (perhaps a year before I discovered this place). He was one to love bad grammar and nonsenical sentences. The Relics tell of his history- he also went by Phoenix or something similar to that on other Fan-Fic boards. The Elders had a history of warring with him- arguing over practically everything. He supposedly died out for a bit, perhaps right before I came. Then came the 2007 Summer Flame-Wars...
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:47 am

I see. I myself left the boards a bit before the second age. I can't really remember why I left, or the days leading up to my departure. It happened right when "Follow that Egg" aired, so my theory is this. The pure, undiluted squeeing from the S/K slash fangirls accidentally hit me and knocked me away from the boards, stunning me for several days.

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:08 am

Indigo Rose wrote:I see. I myself left the boards a bit before the second age. I can't really remember why I left, or the days leading up to my departure. It happened right when "Follow that Egg" aired, so my theory is this. The pure, undiluted squeeing from the S/K slash fangirls accidentally hit me and knocked me away from the boards, stunning me for several days.

Ah...

*gnaws on a marshmellow*

Perhaps... Anyways, the 2007 Summer Flame-Wars started when he showed up as his LA_KING persona. He started trying to impose a fascist-like set of rules upon the Fan-Fic forum goers. Me, being a novice at the time, thought this behavior was completely normal; considering the craziness that goes on in the BBS...little did I know that this would grow to epic proportions. I just brushed it off as another beligerent-wannabe, until he showed up in my Fan-Fic thread... The Elders disapproved, but it was just like casting a stone in the water. The effect ripples would eventually affect all the humble (and not so humble) BBS-goers in time.

Meanwhile, the Nommel Wars were coming to an end. Nommel went about helter-skelter calling Big-Will a fascist, but things seemed to have been cooling down when I arrived. He finally left to 'return to his home planet', so I've heard...
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:19 am

Oh wow..

But isn't Nommel still here with us today in the form of SJ?

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:24 am

Indigo Rose wrote:Oh wow..

But isn't Nommel still here with us today in the form of SJ?

He's got his multiple incarnations, I suppose...hence why I mentioned Stove/Nommel/Not some posts ago...

I'll continue the LA_KING epic tomorrow, I'm getting a bit lazy in typing out anything more than a paragraph right now...

:wink:
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:49 am

Ok! I'll be looking forwards to it.

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:09 am

Blue Twilight wrote:Unless you want me to do the tacky "cross over the old username and handwrite the new one using MS Paint" procedure, then sure. XD

Ahah, I remember coming online some time last year, and finding Lior's [iceiwynd's] signature image in a few people's sig, only the name had been scribbled over and that member's name had been writtenj underneath. I think it was DarkDucky and INeedBoutTreeFiddy. Not sure on that, though.

Indigo Rose wrote:So... anyone have a story to tell? This is storytime, after all.

I will tell you a story, through the art... of DANCE.

[And yeah, SJ = Nommel. If you guys are good... I can give out his forum biography, seeing as we were each other's first real friends here. >D]
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
cheesypoofs857

Postby cheesypoofs857 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:53 am

Jay C wrote:I will tell you a story, through the art... of DANCE.

[And yeah, SJ = Nommel. If you guys are good... I can give out his forum biography, seeing as we were each other's first real friends here. >D]
I came here seventeen days after he joined, but since I don't have MSN, I guess I don't know much about him.

Well, I DO have a list of facts, but I gotta get ready for school. Maybe another time.
Someone wrote:Lies! None of the guys on here have seen real women!
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:05 pm

Jay C wrote:Ahah, I remember coming online some time last year, and finding Lior's [iceiwynd's] signature image in a few people's sig, only the name had been scribbled over and that member's name had been writtenj underneath. I think it was DarkDucky and INeedBoutTreeFiddy. Not sure on that, though.

I think Fiddy did it first, and then DD took the sig Fiddy did and put his name over it. And then I killed their fun by switching to my other sig. It was a grand ol' time.

My god, I miss those guys.

Haha remember the last big topic in the original random thread was that dude who was pretending to be me and doing a disgusting impression while at it?
Brave_Sir_Ribbit

Postby Brave_Sir_Ribbit » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:38 pm

I think I posted the first post on the 200th page, the 400th page, the 600th page, and maybe even the 800th.
The BBS' #1 Conan fan. The BBS' Official Retired assh*le.
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:53 pm

DarkDucky, I don't think I've seen him on here, or on MSN in...well...a really really really long time. I remember that he and Fiddy did that "#person is a dick" thing, where "#person" was either Fiddy or DD, depending on who of the two said it. Those two were weird. I don't remember the ripping-off-Lior's-signature thing though. :P
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:39 pm

iceiwynd wrote:
Jay C wrote:Ahah, I remember coming online some time last year, and finding Lior's [iceiwynd's] signature image in a few people's sig, only the name had been scribbled over and that member's name had been writtenj underneath. I think it was DarkDucky and INeedBoutTreeFiddy. Not sure on that, though.

I think Fiddy did it first, and then DD took the sig Fiddy did and put his name over it. And then I killed their fun by switching to my other sig. It was a grand ol' time.

My god, I miss those guys.

Haha remember the last big topic in the original random thread was that dude who was pretending to be me and doing a disgusting impression while at it?

I thought that happened around 20 or so pages into the new thread? I'm not exactly sure on the page number, but I'm certain it was the second Random thread.

Also; I was plannin' on doing that, taking your other signature and writing my name on it instead, but then you had to go change to it. XD

Mr. Hat_DX27 wrote:DarkDucky, I don't think I've seen him on here, or on MSN in...well...a really really really long time.

Really? I could have sworn I've seen him online at least half of the times I've been on MSN in the past couple months.

Oh guys, who remembers Gothic_Butters blowing his top over Go God Go? I was sitting in class today, and something reminded me of it, and I couldn't stop laughing. :lol:
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!

Return to “Hot Topics”