[Storytime] Tales from the BBS Crypt

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

Mr. Hat_DX27

Re: [Storytime] Tales from the BBS Crypt

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:41 pm

Jay C wrote:Really? I could have sworn I've seen him online at least half of the times I've been on MSN in the past couple months.

Who knows, maybe he changed his screen name to something weird. I can't remember his email, so I don't even know if got pruned in a contact list cleanup or something. Oh well, no biggy.

Gothic_Butters is a weird. I remember he did a lot of silly things. :P
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:11 pm

Mr. Hat_DX27 wrote:Gothic_Butters is a weird. I remember he did a lot of silly things. :P

With a name like that? I'd be more surprised if he was normal.
"Now Kyle, don't fly too close to the sun, or it'll burn your wings, an- and you'll crash into the ocean!"

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:36 pm

Jay C wrote:I thought that happened around 20 or so pages into the new thread? I'm not exactly sure on the page number, but I'm certain it was the second Random thread.

Nope, it was on the last pages of the first one. I remember the big fuss over the 1000th page of that thread, and I got three posts on it.

And G_B was such a douchebag.
SuperMaids

Postby SuperMaids » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:56 pm

Going Waaaay back, I think there's something I should point out about King Phonex of Qubeq, seing that a sort-of N00b like me knows. He used to be a pretty competent writer, going by the name of NYGuy on FOSFF, but one day decided to pretend to be foreign so he'd be able to get away with putting Hitler-shockingly racist stories without real flames; unfortunatley, the evil personality of the Phonex became too much for him to controll, and took over his forumite behaviour.
Know that I'm probably wrong about him being a competent writer once upon a time; he only put his name to stories as an 'assistant' to the main writer, usually either Nommel or Robbert.
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:13 am

...Back to the story, m'dears.

After LA_KING left us a few threads of his own anti-slash/shotacon rules and such, Overlord Big-Will chased him out with his powers of locking threads. The BBS-goers started dealing with this with confusion at first, expressing general distaste to his fascist-like rules.

The Douchebag then picked upon innocent threads (even my then-new-and-brooding fanfic), demanding each and every one to be deleted so that some 'committee' could 'review' it for its content. Most of the BBS-goers disregarded his rants and tried to go on with BBS life.

Then, he created a thread (I believe to be lost somewhere in the Relics of the Summer), calling out Fan-Fic scribes and 'damning' them to Hell for disagreeing with his point-of-view (and his sudden rules that were attempted to be forced down our throats to us). Many of the Fan-Fic scribes (a number of them Elders on the BBS, too) retaliated with a brutal, flame-siege, taking the wind out of his sails for a bit. Even the novices like me took on ripping on his hide for randomly popping onto the BBS and shoving nonsenical and anti-near-everything rules upon the innocent.

I'll cover his retaliation later...
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:06 pm

iceiwynd wrote:
Jay C wrote:I thought that happened around 20 or so pages into the new thread? I'm not exactly sure on the page number, but I'm certain it was the second Random thread.

Nope, it was on the last pages of the first one.

Oh yeah, I just checked then. Wow, it felt like it happened after we switched to the newer Random thread. @_@

Cocaine's a helluva drug.
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:42 pm

Jay C wrote:
iceiwynd wrote:

Nope, it was on the last pages of the first one.

Oh yeah, I just checked then. Wow, it felt like it happened after we switched to the newer Random thread. @_@

Cocaine's a helluva drug.

Damn, that's ages ago... This BBS has quite a history!

^ ^;
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

Brave_Sir_Ribbit

Postby Brave_Sir_Ribbit » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:36 pm

Yep the BBS has quite the history, just out of curiosity has anyone ever claimed to be the king of the board?
The BBS' #1 Conan fan. The BBS' Official Retired assh*le.
Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:01 pm

I don't think so. If anyone should be crowned king, it should be Will in my opinion.
"Now Kyle, don't fly too close to the sun, or it'll burn your wings, an- and you'll crash into the ocean!"

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
Brave_Sir_Ribbit

Postby Brave_Sir_Ribbit » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:00 pm

Cause in another message board I frequent somebody dubbed themselves king, and has a court of servants, its rather pathetic.
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:27 pm

Well, if we're going to start picking positions and stuff, I want to be the Official Psychotic Asian Girl of the BBS.

:twisted:
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:51 pm

There will be no position picking.

Besides, positions are really, really lame and f*cking stupid if they're overly specific.
Brave_Sir_Ribbit

Postby Brave_Sir_Ribbit » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:16 pm

iceiwynd wrote:There will be no position picking.

Besides, positions are really, really lame and f*cking stupid if they're overly specific.

True it's only cool if you are or were the reigning BBS' assh*le.
:lol:
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:20 pm

I want to be the Official person who ignores Lior to choose to be the grand Pooba of the SPS, is basically is really cool and is always right, whilst those around him cower in absolute despair the XVII, please.

You have to say the whole thing, like A Tribe called Quest. You say the whole thing.
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:24 pm

Brave_Sir_Ribbit wrote:Yep the BBS has quite the history, just out of curiosity has anyone ever claimed to be the king of the board?

Moonkay has always been the unofficial King.
That's how it's down here on the farm!

Return to “Hot Topics”