[Storytime] Tales from the BBS Crypt

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

Jay C

Re: [Storytime] Tales from the BBS Crypt

Postby Jay C » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:36 pm

iceiwynd wrote:
Jay C wrote:I want to be the Official person who ignores Lior to choose to be the grand Pooba of the SPS, is basically is really cool and is always right, whilst those around him cower in absolute despair the XVII, please.

XVII, wait what? Really?

That may be pushing it a little, I guess.

Brave_Sir_Ribbit wrote:Aww I missed a big flame war?

I wouldn't say it was that big. @_@
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:42 pm

Jay C wrote:
iceiwynd wrote:
Jay C wrote:I want to be the Official person who ignores Lior to choose to be the grand Pooba of the SPS, is basically is really cool and is always right, whilst those around him cower in absolute despair the XVII, please.

XVII, wait what? Really?

That may be pushing it a little, I guess.

Brave_Sir_Ribbit wrote:Aww I missed a big flame war?

I wouldn't say it was that big. @_@

Just big enough to keep anyone occupied for a week or two if they were hanging out here... I've heard so much about the Mewster incident, though...
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:18 pm

Call him 'Cartman's Top Enemy', or else he'll plan your family's demise.

Where can I BEGIN? Most of what I'm about to say is going to be word of mouth, but it's word of mouth from what I believe is reliable sources. If I'm wrong though, and it can be proven otherwise, some of you older heads are free to call me a retard or whatever.

Anyway, yeah, for years CTE has posted on South Park forums, firstly under the name of 'mewster', until his wife forced him to change his name to something else [I think it was because members of the Kyle Klub were slandering his name during the Armies in 2005. They also had games where those who would get Mewster pissed off would earn points... I think...]. This was around the summer of 2006, I believe [a year after the slander], when he re-registered to SPS as 'Cartman's Top Enemy', and also reopened his anti-Cartman website, featuring art and flash of our favourite little piggy getting tormented and even killed in pretty hosed up ways [I never actually checked out much of his site, just one page where Cartman appeared naked or some sh*t before I hit X more frequently than King Henry's wives' hormones during conception]. There was also a 'rate my poo' site made by him, if I recall correctly, although I'll have to come back on that one.

This guy hated Cartman, by the way.

Anyway, after continuing hate posts about Cartman, I [along with a few other members who joined in afterwards. They TRIED to take some of the glory, but f*ck that sh*t, the glorious breakdown was all me, baby] had had enough, and called him out. For the next week or so, me and him traded insults and claims of the other being stupid, immature, ect, until I told him I was sorry for the context in which my first post was under, which was pretty negative to say the least. He, though, took my half-assed apology of my lack of care in which I posted, and twisted it into his victory, or something. Following that, though, he started acting the victim in his posts ["I'd give my opinion, but I'd just get flamed so I'm not going to..." in EVERY THREAD], which just garnered more and more hate for himself, causing him to 'leave' the BBS [Why does NOBODY do this when they say they will? f*ck]. I later hear from somebody who I can't remember that he broke down, or something. He even changed his f*cking location to LIMBO, for crying out loud [And also had the 'Ignore Cartman's Top Enemy' picture in his signature, with the text underneath saying 'IT WORKS BOTH WAYS JAY C' [I myself rocked an 'Ignore Jay C' picture in my signature, although I had it there 'cause I thought it was funny, and used it with no intention of offending CTE], much to my amusement].

If you're thinking; 'What's so crazy about him, James?', you've got some nerve. Also, some of the things he said in our flame war was also f*cked up. After I told him to stop posting such sh*t posts, he said he hoped my kids would get raped [no, really], and things like that. He also began screaming that he was being treated unfairly, and that he was right for what he said to me [again, here I point to him wishing for my kids getting raped and killed] in response of my opening flame. He also proceeded to call Ryan [Hat_DX27 to you kids out there] a 'Pig f*cker' for getting involved, and also singled out Lior [iceiwynd] and Jason [KennyStanWendyFan] for agreeing with me.

I should write about my experiences on here. That's just the tip of a very awesome iceberg. :lol:

EDIT: Tried looking for the thread, but no dice. Anybody feel like searching the forums for it? I think it's a 'Cartman L;overs vs. Cartman Haters' thread or something.
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:30 pm

Jay C wrote:Call him 'Cartman's Top Enemy', or else he'll plan your family's demise.

Where can I BEGIN? Most of what I'm about to say is going to be word of mouth, but it's word of mouth from what I believe is reliable sources. If I'm wrong though, and it can be proven otherwise, some of you older heads are free to call me a retard or whatever.

Anyway, yeah, for years CTE has posted on South Park forums, firstly under the name of 'mewster', until his wife forced him to change his name to something else [I think it was because members of the Kyle Klub were slandering his name during the Armies in 2005. They also had games where those who would get Mewster pissed off would earn points... I think...]. This was around the summer of 2006, I believe [a year after the slander], when he re-registered to SPS as 'Cartman's Top Enemy', and also reopened his anti-Cartman website, featuring art and flash of our favourite little piggy getting tormented and even killed in pretty hosed up ways [I never actually checked out much of his site, just one page where Cartman appeared naked or some sh*t before I hit X more frequently than King Henry's wives' hormones during conception]. There was also a 'rate my poo' site made by him, if I recall correctly, although I'll have to come back on that one.

This guy hated Cartman, by the way.

Anyway, after continuing hate posts about Cartman, I [along with a few other members who joined in afterwards. They TRIED to take some of the glory, but f*ck that sh*t, the glorious breakdown was all me, baby] had had enough, and called him out. For the next week or so, me and him traded insults and claims of the other being stupid, immature, ect, until I told him I was sorry for the context in which my first post was under, which was pretty negative to say the least. He, though, took my half-assed apology of my lack of care in which I posted, and twisted it into his victory, or something. Following that, though, he started acting the victim in his posts ["I'd give my opinion, but I'd just get flamed so I'm not going to..." in EVERY THREAD], which just garnered more and more hate for himself, causing him to 'leave' the BBS [Why does NOBODY do this when they say they will? f*ck]. I later hear from somebody who I can't remember that he broke down, or something. He even changed his f*cking location to LIMBO, for crying out loud [And also had the 'Ignore Cartman's Top Enemy' picture in his signature, with the text underneath saying 'IT WORKS BOTH WAYS JAY C' [I myself rocked an 'Ignore Jay C' picture in my signature, although I had it there 'cause I thought it was funny, and used it with no intention of offending CTE], much to my amusement].

If you're thinking; 'What's so crazy about him, James?', you've got some nerve. Also, some of the things he said in our flame war was also f*cked up. After I told him to stop posting such sh*t posts, he said he hoped my kids would get raped [no, really], and things like that. He also began screaming that he was being treated unfairly, and that he was right for what he said to me [again, here I point to him wishing for my kids getting raped and killed] in response of my opening flame. He also proceeded to call Ryan [Hat_DX27 to you kids out there] a 'Pig f*cker' for getting involved, and also singled out Lior [iceiwynd] and Jason [KennyStanWendyFan] for agreeing with me.

I should write about my experiences on here. That's just the tip of a very awesome iceberg. :lol:

Damn, that's one helluva epic... I do wish I was here to see all this, this sounds really entertaining. Alas, I signed up much, much later...at the end of the Second Age, I suppose.

Oooh, go on and tell us your experiences. You've been on here for ages...I can tell. You're one of the Elders...and I'm sure you have tons and tons of stuff to tell...
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:38 pm

I was a pretty active member of the Kyle Klub myself, but only because I was happy to see I wasn't the only one with him as my favorite character, and because a lot of the people were genuinely nice. And yeah, I was a bit of a n00b throughout it all ^^;
"Now Kyle, don't fly too close to the sun, or it'll burn your wings, an- and you'll crash into the ocean!"

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:41 pm

Indigo Rose wrote:I was a pretty active member of the Kyle Klub myself, but only because I was happy to see I wasn't the only one with him as my favorite character, and because a lot of the people were genuinely nice. And yeah, I was a bit of a n00b throughout it all ^^;

Whatever happened to the clubs and armies and such? I've heard stories about them, but they don't seem to exist anymore...

I'd join a Kyle club if there was one...

:wink:
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:48 pm

Edduyasha wrote:
Indigo Rose wrote:I was a pretty active member of the Kyle Klub myself, but only because I was happy to see I wasn't the only one with him as my favorite character, and because a lot of the people were genuinely nice. And yeah, I was a bit of a n00b throughout it all ^^;

Whatever happened to the clubs and armies and such? I've heard stories about them, but they don't seem to exist anymore...

I don't know what happened. I think Will turned them into the "Official Discussion Threads" when things started to get out of hand.
"Now Kyle, don't fly too close to the sun, or it'll burn your wings, an- and you'll crash into the ocean!"

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:56 pm

Indigo Rose wrote:
Edduyasha wrote:

I don't know what happened. I think Will turned them into the "Official Discussion Threads" when things started to get out of hand.

Ah. Sometimes, there's heated arguements in there anyways... It gets really bad in the Kyle/Cartman/Stan ones once in a while. Go figure, they're the most popular, and therefore, most fought over.

What do you guys mean by...'out of hand'...?
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

Jay C

Postby Jay C » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:01 pm

Edduyasha wrote:Damn, that's one helluva epic... I do wish I was here to see all this, this sounds really entertaining. Alas, I signed up much, much later...at the end of the Second Age, I suppose.

I wouldn't exactly call it an 'epic', or an age, or an era or whatever, just a flaming match in a thread with some kind of pissybutt fallout that followed. I think there's been two periods during the BBS's history that warrants it's own title as that [Although I may just be calling the second one an era because it happened during the summer of '06 when I was most active, me being bias].

Oh, and again, older members [BSR, and other '04 members] can change any inaccuracies that they see in what I post about the first.

I'd say the first 'Epic' of the BBS was the LJ saga, which seen a bunch of members get banned and stuff, and the rise and fall of one of the biggest attention whores the forum had ever seen [Go read the first pages if you haven't already, the older members explain it there]. I wasn't around during this. The second 'Epic' would be the SJ saga, which I WAS around to see, only I was more of a bystander/caught between both parties kind of guy, and didn't want to get involved. I haven't seen anybody chronicle the second Epic yet, so I might do so the next time I'm on the BBS and not drunkbs [I've not had too much, but still, I'm not writing out everything that happened between April '06-Nov '06 now].

[note - others that were around, like icei, should also have a shot at telling the tale, because I can't be certain that I'll be 100% honest/right with it all. :P]
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:03 pm

Jay C wrote:EDIT: Tried looking for the thread, but no dice. Anybody feel like searching the forums for it? I think it's a 'Cartman L;overs vs. Cartman Haters' thread or something.

It might've moved, ask Deanna! Though I think it was in the poll section and a thread on who people preferred, Kyle or Cartman. Or you could be right. But I'm pretty sure it was in the polls section.

The only thing I remember from the armies being changed to discussion threads was because random new people kept on asking if they could join the army, despite the fact that the first posts had been edited to establish the fact that they were no longer actual armies... I think. Or there were too many flame wars still going on or something. Yeah, I think the first reason I gave is why second threads were made for the characters. I remember a couple of purists got pretty pissed off about the change, which is another reason why the original random thread is still pinned, despite the fact that it's of no use. I think it's pretty stupid, personally, because nobody really cares that much about message board history (or nobody should care that much).

EDIT: Oh, me? I think I know where I could get some sources on it, yeah I played a bit of a role in that, though mostly near the end. But I'm much too lazy to type all that crap up now. Also I feel like doing other things.
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:11 pm

iceiwynd wrote:
Jay C wrote:EDIT: Tried looking for the thread, but no dice. Anybody feel like searching the forums for it? I think it's a 'Cartman L;overs vs. Cartman Haters' thread or something.

It might've moved, ask Deanna! Though I think it was in the poll section and a thread on who people preferred, Kyle or Cartman. Or you could be right. But I'm pretty sure it was in the polls section.

Oh sh*t, yeah, could be. Gimme a second while I kiss the sun.

EDIT: Thanks, safety net. :D Click!
Last edited by Jay C on Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:13 pm

Ah, this was all in my early days, and I didn't post much, but I was around. Memories.....
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:15 pm

Yeah...I remember reading about the LJ and SJ Wars, if you may. It sounded pretty crazy if you ask me.

All I had in my time was the end of the Nommel Incident, the LA_KING FanFic War, and the little xX_emuteeth_Xx thing that happened not too long ago (the inevitable 'rip on emos' arguement).

:oops:

I'm such a good-for-nothing newbie...
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:19 pm

No, your not a newbie. Although you are fairly new, more people know you, and your an active and well liked member who contributes a lot to the site and NEVER says anything to start a flame war.

So, new, yes. Good for nothing, no. :wink:
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:20 pm

gtaca2005 wrote:No, your not a newbie. Although you are fairly new, more people know you, and your an active and well liked member who contributes a lot to the site and NEVER says anything to start a flame war.

So, new, yes. Good for nothing, no. :wink:

:oops:

Thanks for the little ego-boost, dude.

I guess we've all been through that...some much longer ago than others.

Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

Return to “Hot Topics”