[Storytime] Tales from the BBS Crypt

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

ShaneHaughey

Re: [Storytime] Tales from the BBS Crypt

Postby ShaneHaughey » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:32 pm

Brave_Sir_Ribbit wrote:KSWF really has nothing better to do with his time I guess. I mean 10,000 on one account and 15,000 on another account, you need to get your life priorities straightened out instead of being an internet troll. I'm sorry but if you got 25,000 plus posts on this board you are a troll and nothing more.

Uhh, last time I checked, KSWF only had one account here on SPS. SBF is an entirely different forum. Secondly, he has like 8,000 posts here.

Stop smoking man! :lol:

*Oh, and he's a junior in college. English major. Smarter than us.*
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:34 pm

KeenyStanWendyFan
last visited: yesterday afternoon

Edduyasha wrote:Whatever happened to the clubs and armies and such? I've heard stories about them, but they don't seem to exist anymore...

I'd join a Kyle club if there was one...

:wink:

They died out on their own, but we thought they were lame to begin with. You form armies, then get into arguments with other armies, and pretty soon we have to clamp down on the drama. The official character threads are their replacements.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:27 am

Big-Will wrote:KeenyStanWendyFan

Edduyasha wrote:Whatever happened to the clubs and armies and such? I've heard stories about them, but they don't seem to exist anymore...

They died out on their own, but we thought they were lame to begin with. You form armies, then get into arguments with other armies, and pretty soon we have to clamp down on the drama. The official character threads are their replacements.

Sounds like fun, but I know where you're coming from with this kind of stuff. The wars and arguements over on dA just got insanely out of hand right before I left that Hell-hole for good.

Suffice to say, the Official Character Discussion threads are quite intresting, to say the least. Some of the debates in there are up at the unbelievably smart AP English student level considering deeper symbolism and meaning in character analysis. Simply amazing!

If only I could pull such deep analysis on the boring-a*s characters and symbolism in the boring, high-and-mighty-languaged novel Heart of Darkness...I would rise to the top of my class... But, alas- that book makes me want to kick kittens or sleep through class, both very bad things.
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:07 am

Damn, I didn't realize people were still posting on this thread..I remember when it was made two years ago. I said something I think on one of the new episode threads, something to the effect of this board not being as cool as it was in 2004..Then the next day Will turned what I said into this thread..I wasn't sure if he was making fun of me or not..But glad everyone is enjoying it, this board has indeed enjoyed a rich history. And for the record, I like it more now than I did two years ago.
Brave_Sir_Ribbit

Postby Brave_Sir_Ribbit » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:06 pm

I stand by my original point, although I was missinformed on some things, but still if anyone has up to 25,000 post combined on every message board their on they're a troll. I take back the comment that KSWF is a troll.
The BBS' #1 Conan fan. The BBS' Official Retired assh*le.
Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:20 pm

Edduyasha wrote:
Big-Will wrote:KeenyStanWendyFan

Sounds like fun, but I know where you're coming from with this kind of stuff. The wars and arguements over on dA just got insanely out of hand right before I left that Hell-hole for good.

Suffice to say, the Official Character Discussion threads are quite intresting, to say the least. Some of the debates in there are up at the unbelievably smart AP English student level considering deeper symbolism and meaning in character analysis. Simply amazing!

If only I could pull such deep analysis on the boring-a*s characters and symbolism in the boring, high-and-mighty-languaged novel Heart of Darkness...I would rise to the top of my class... But, alas- that book makes me want to kick kittens or sleep through class, both very bad things.

Believe me, if I could pull out that same analysis on the boring "OMG mah sister is making out with my boyfriend and my parents hate me!" plots of the movies I have to analyze, my life would be set.
"Now Kyle, don't fly too close to the sun, or it'll burn your wings, an- and you'll crash into the ocean!"

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:08 am

Indigo Rose wrote:
Edduyasha wrote:Sounds like fun, but I know where you're coming from with this kind of stuff. The wars and arguements over on dA just got insanely out of hand right before I left that Hell-hole for good.

Believe me, if I could pull out that same analysis on the boring "OMG mah sister is making out with my boyfriend and my parents hate me!" plots of the movies I have to analyze, my life would be set.

Ah, the kind of stuff that shows up on Lifetime channel that my mom makes me watch once in a while...those that make teenage girls all look like whiny b*tches...

Ick.

><
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:24 am

The problem with the armies was organization and control. The original idea I had for 'wars' was based off of GTAWHs gang wars they have. That forum is less active now than ever, but the fact wa sthat at it's peak, I was typing 3-4 hours a day for pure RP purposes. And while that level of commitment was not the aim, the quality was going to be the same. The problem is that, well, orginization blew.:P
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:18 am

ShaneHaughey wrote:The problem with the armies was organization and control. The original idea I had for 'wars' was based off of GTAWHs gang wars they have. That forum is less active now than ever, but the fact wa sthat at it's peak, I was typing 3-4 hours a day for pure RP purposes. And while that level of commitment was not the aim, the quality was going to be the same. The problem is that, well, orginization blew.:P

Ah. I think organized RP wars get out of hand if you have more than about 15 people taking part on each side (coming from experience over on some stupid site I used to frequent called Gaia Online). No wonder things got so crazy back then...

On another hand, who the heck was Recnahs? Their username doesn't link to anywhere; it's just white. What's up with that and why is it so weird?
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:13 am

At GTAWH, wars were limited to three per side.

And Rec was an ass. Ignore him.
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:21 am

ShaneHaughey wrote:At GTAWH, wars were limited to three per side.

Ah.

Recnahs is gone, I'd bet. I've never seen him post myself.
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:57 am

Edduyasha wrote:

Ah.

Yes, he's gone. Banned, and his profile removed

We don't like members making threads about themselves, because they usually lead to unwanted drama. Recnahs started a thread about himself on December 22, 2005 called "The offocial RECNAHS thread."

Recnahs wrote:This comes from an idea in the "add to the conversation".

So just talk about me.

Attention whore...

The post that got him banned:

Recnahs wrote:And I should care what a bunch of people on a forum think why?

If you're gonna have contempt for other members here AND expect them to talk about you, we don't want you around.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:45 am

Big-Will wrote:
Edduyasha wrote:

Ah.

Yes, he's gone. Banned, and his profile removed

We don't like members making threads about themselves, because they usually lead to unwanted drama. Recnahs started a thread about himself on December 22, 2005 called "The offocial RECNAHS thread."

Recnahs wrote:This comes from an idea in the "add to the conversation".

So just talk about me.

Attention whore...

The post that got him banned:

If you're gonna have contempt for other members here AND expect them to talk about you, we don't want you around.

Ah, what a grade-A, self-concieved d*ckf*ck. No need to go any further, I get the idea already.

Don't worry...I promise I won't be like that...

^ ^;
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

Brave_Sir_Ribbit

Postby Brave_Sir_Ribbit » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:14 pm

I declare this thread now BSR Appreciation Thread where you all have to pay homage and tribute to the greatness that is BSR.
The BBS' #1 Conan fan. The BBS' Official Retired assh*le.
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:23 pm

No.

Big-Will wrote:The post that got him banned:

I thought he requested to be banned? Another little tidbit on the guy; he went on a spamming spree as we was "DrUnK" one time, causing Fiddy, I think, to start a "Ban Recnahs" campaign, which was hilarious in and of itself, until he and everyone else in it to be told to cease and desist. I think his official thread was a little after that, when the board was still pissed at him.

Return to “Hot Topics”