[Storytime] Tales from the BBS Crypt

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

gtaca2005

Re: [Storytime] Tales from the BBS Crypt

Postby gtaca2005 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:53 pm

The crypt should be old stuff anyway, but I guess when something dies, it could automatically be talked about here.
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:39 pm

gtaca2005 wrote:The crypt should be old stuff anyway, but I guess when something dies, it could automatically be talked about here.

I second that notion.

Appearently, ol' kingsnakeX has been trying to start some s*it lately again. After I told him more than once to back up his inflammatory posts in some of the episode discussion threads with sound reasoning, he sent me a PM telling me
kingsnakeX wrote:go f U c k urself.

I just ignored it; no need to waste my time dealing with him flooding my Inbox...

Anyways...who else has a story to tell?
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
HellStrykeXL

Postby HellStrykeXL » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:12 pm

Yeah, regarding that stuff on KTS and SJ, I remember when SJ (under the username nommel) sent me a PM asking me to have FFXL remove him from his ignore list. FFXL added nommel to that list after he made that moose image post (nommel's moose post was originally intended to jam the Iraq thread by means of crapflooding), so since nommel had no way of getting a hold of FFXL he asked me to tell him to put him back on FFXL's buddy list.

The story nommel told me was that the moose/crapflood post was done simply because KTS kept harassing him to do it, or something to that effect. He apparently was "getting tired of that dick harassing him," and wanted to pretty much team up with me an FFXL because he felt we were the lesser of two evils.

We exchanged PM's for a while and I must admit this guy had a load of stories of things that happened before I even got on BBS. His explanation for getting involved with KTS was due to board politics. KTS was getting popular and he felt sorry for the guy after he got banned from an elitist south park fan site. Since SJ had a small army of trolls KTS felt he could use him.

And the story went from there. :)

SJ really seemed like an interesting guy to me. Hell, if you're reading this now SJ, I'm still up for that last idea you brought up on writing a fan-fic to.....well let's keep all that classified. 8)
ShaneHaughey wrote:
Sizzling Lynn wrote:A guy in my grade eleven Bio class last year was dared to lick a rat's balls and he went along with it...is that considered manly?

No, that is the opposite of manly.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:23 am

Oh Hellstryke, if only you knew how psychotic(And totally opposed to your values) SJ was.:P And that elitist South Park board? Well, considering my friends and I banned KtS from our forum, chances are it may be that. Basically, unless you can confirm anything SJ says with a reliable third party, disregard it. On the other hand, he does sometimes have interesting ideas for stories.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Grizim

Postby Grizim » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:57 pm

the only time period at this board when i actually knew what was going on was like four years ago.
As enjoyable as abuse.
HellStrykeXL

Postby HellStrykeXL » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:30 am

I guess you're right Shane. I can't say I know for sure that everything he said was true, and he did seem to support a radically different agenda. But the one thing he brought up that really caught my attention was a way to inconspicuously flame...........

Well, I better just tell it to people through PM just so I don't compromise how effective his idea may be. Aside from that I don't think it would really even be all that useful just yet...

But anyways, does anyone remember those dark times when several threads showed up that just plain incited flame wars no matter what the intentions? Usually there would be a little tension between PLK and KTS or ABS, then you would have some of the most blazing flame wars imaginable. I still can't believe how far some of the people actually went on those threads, let alone how it really forced the mods such as Big-Will to step in and prevent any further destruction. It seemed to me that there was some hope with the Iraq thread only because it was more than shouting insults back and forth.

This may sound like a harsh question but does anyone remember that abortion thread? :shock:
ShaneHaughey wrote:
Sizzling Lynn wrote:A guy in my grade eleven Bio class last year was dared to lick a rat's balls and he went along with it...is that considered manly?

No, that is the opposite of manly.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:29 am

Yeah, I remember that thread..It got really, really ugly..

I can tell so many stories about fights people have had with KTS. I personally never noticed him until around July 2006 when he had that fight with Grizim that I got involved in. After that, I kept noticing him posting on every thread even remotely linked to anything about religion or the paranormal. It really seemed like he was pushing Aethiesm on everyone, and it annoyed me. Then I felt even more that way when I saw that his fanfiction read like Aethiest propaganda.So every now and then I started picking on him for sh*ts and giggles. Saying he was no fun, and he had a stick up his ass and such..Well, he honestly dosen't sound like much fun, except for the violent fantasies I heard he has about killing people..LOL..Mostly, it sounds like all he wants to do is debate religion or politics so he can impress everyone with the knowledge he gained from accessing Google.. I don't mind telling him what I really think of him, and I guess I came off as a little bitch for awhile..But at least now I am not the only one who sees his major personality flaws.
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:35 am

M00ndragon69 wrote:I can tell so many stories about fights people have had with KTS. I personally never noticed him until around July 2006 when he had that fight with Grizim that I got involved in. After that, I kept noticing him posting on every thread even remotely linked to anything about religion or the paranormal. It really seemed like he was pushing Aethiesm on everyone, and it annoyed me. Then I felt even more that way when I saw that his fanfiction read like Aethiest propaganda.So every now and then I started picking on him for sh*ts and giggles. Saying he was no fun, and he had a stick up his ass and such..Well, he honestly dosen't sound like much fun, except for the violent fantasies I heard he has about killing people..LOL..Mostly, it sounds like all he wants to do is debate religion or politics so he can impress everyone with the knowledge he gained from accessing Google.. I don't mind telling him what I really think of him, and I guess I came off as a little bitch for awhile..But at least now I am not the only one who sees his major personality flaws.

I've heard stories, too... Is it true that he once sent a pack of trolls on you if you argued with him?

I've seen some of the crazy shenanigans that went on in his one fanfic...what was it? I think it was the one with the Mormons, but I don't remember...

As far as KtS and I go, we're on decent terms with each other in general. He's not too keen on my dislike for anime/manga in general, but yeah...we haven't torn each others' eyes out yet.

Oh, if anyone wants to know before they start throwing around 'You must love <insert manga/anime title here> because you draw it'- I don't like reading/watching it. I just draw in that style because it's easy and it's pretty fun. Concerning my username...yes, I did like InuYasha...but that was years ago. I'm not into that anymore at all... I just carried over my username from years back because I'm too lazy to create another new username after years of it being online.
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:43 am

Well, as far as I am aware, he didn't sick a pack of trolls on me..One day when I picked on him, some people told me off, but I figured they did that on their own.

I do think though if he has some issue with you not liking anime that is stupid. I know he is a hard core anime fan, but still, he can't expect everyone he associates with to also like it. I mean, my brother hates some things I am obsessed with but I don't let it get to me.
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:49 am

M00ndragon69 wrote:Well, as far as I am aware, he didn't sick a pack of trolls on me..One day when I picked on him, some people told me off, but I figured they did that on their own.

I do think though if he has some issue with you not liking anime that is stupid. I know he is a hard core anime fan, but still, he can't expect everyone he associates with to also like it. I mean, my brother hates some things I am obsessed with but I don't let it get to me.

Hmm...I dunno. Maybe it was Nommel who did that? I forget...there's just been so many stories about the history here that I've already forgotten, even though I've only spent about two or three months here.

I agree about the anime thing. I get that a lot, though, even in real life. I suppose it's because I'm Asian and I draw my own characters (er...my friends and people I know) in that style...but I'm used to that.

Okay, I admit it...I've taken a liking to heckling and making fun of the teenagers and adults who jump to that conclusion about me just because of my ethnicity...

:lol:
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:54 am

Nah, Nommel didn't sick a pack of trolls on me..He and I haven't had a problem with eachother. I have dealt with a pack of trolls before on another board. But basically, as everyone knows, I am not very fond of KTS, everything everyone has told me about him as well as what I have seen him do on the board hasn't given me a great opinion of him. So, if he starts any more sh*t with anyone on this board I consider a friend everyone knows what to expect from me.
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:57 am

M00ndragon69 wrote:Nah, Nommel didn't sick a pack of trolls on me..He and I haven't had a problem with eachother. I have dealt with a pack of trolls before on another board. But basically, as everyone knows, I am not very fond of KTS, everything everyone has told me about him as well as what I have seen him do on the board hasn't given me a great opinion of him. So, if he starts any more sh*t with anyone on this board I consider a friend everyone knows what to expect from me.

Ah. I ought to take a better look through the fabled history chronicled in the early pages of this thread...that'll probably shed some good light on this kind of stuff.

Personally, I try to avoid controversial topics for the most part- politics, war, religion, 'illegals', and the like...arguing with others and getting nowhere isn't really cup of tea.

:oops:
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:03 am

Yeah, that is where argueing about religion or politics gets you..Nothing but anger. You don't usually change people's minds about their opinions.And maybe, even though you don't agree with them, it is disrespectful to try to push your opinions on them. The reasons why they came to believe what they do are every bit as valid as the reasons why you believe the way you do. And, as I said, maybe if your first meeting with them wasn't argueing about religion or politics, maybe you might have seen enough in common with them to be friends with them. However, people usually don't want to get to know people better who piss them off in arguements about their beliefs.

Maybe someday KTS will learn these things.

Yeah, you should check out some older threads this board has a very colorful history..LOL.
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:06 am

M00ndragon69 wrote:Yeah, that is where argueing about religion or politics gets you..Nothing but anger. You don't usually change people's minds about their opinions.And maybe, even though you don't agree with them, it is disrespectful to try to push your opinions on them. The reasons why they came to believe what they do are every bit as valid as the reasons why you believe the way you do. And, as I said, maybe if your first meeting with them wasn't argueing about religion or politics, maybe you might have seen enough in common with them to be friends with them. However, people usually don't want to get to know people better who piss them off in arguements about their beliefs.

Maybe someday KTS will learn these things.

Yeah, you should check out some older threads this board has a very colorful history..LOL.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

^ ^;

Weren't you the one who created this thread? From the bits and parts I've read, you guys have been through some crazy stuff for years on end...

:wink:
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:32 am

Edduyasha wrote:Weren't you the one who created this thread? From the bits and parts I've read, you guys have been through some crazy stuff for years on end...

:wink:

I was the one who created this thread. :) If I think a post and some of its replies would make a good thread on their own, I split them off from the original thread. In this case, the original thread was about how much fun we were having here, or how seriously we were taking the board. It was Killahertz9's reply more than M00ndragon69's post that inspired me to make this thread. Look at the first four posts of this thread. 8)

M00ndragon69 wrote:Hmm, that's odd...I don't remember making this into a thread, this post was a response to something someone ( who has been here a grand total of 1 week) was saying on the f*ck Scientology thread about this board being too serious..But it wasn't a thread of it's own...I wonder why Will decided to make it into a thread..

... ;)
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version

Return to “Hot Topics”