[Storytime] Tales from the BBS Crypt

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

Brave_Sir_Ribbit

Re: [Storytime] Tales from the BBS Crypt

Postby Brave_Sir_Ribbit » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:44 pm

Damn shane can you believe that we're some of the last that 04 posters.
And let me guess, the spammer was SM109.
The BBS' #1 Conan fan. The BBS' Official Retired assh*le.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:52 pm

Brave_Sir_Ribbit wrote:Damn shane can you believe that we're some of the last that 04 posters.

You are correct amundo! SM109: Nice guy, post whore outdone only by Jason at SBF.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:43 pm

ShaneHaughey wrote:
Brave_Sir_Ribbit wrote:Damn shane can you believe that we're some of the last that 04 posters.

You are correct amundo! SM109: Nice guy, post whore outdone only by Jason at SBF.

Jason? That name sounds familiar..

Strange how there are a lot of 05 posters but barely any 04.
"Now Kyle, don't fly too close to the sun, or it'll burn your wings, an- and you'll crash into the ocean!"

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:04 pm

Indigo Rose wrote:
ShaneHaughey wrote:

Jason? That name sounds familiar..

Strange how there are a lot of 05 posters but barely any 04.

Jason=KSWF
I remember when there were many 04 posters but not many 03 posters; it's that one year difference. Eventually, many people just don't enjoy the discussion as much as they used too. I have that problem at times. Every topic has been done so many times that I post maybe one percent as much as I used to.
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:23 am

Edduyasha wrote:
Indigo Rose wrote:I was a pretty active member of the Kyle Klub myself, but only because I was happy to see I wasn't the only one with him as my favorite character, and because a lot of the people were genuinely nice. And yeah, I was a bit of a n00b throughout it all ^^;

Whatever happened to the clubs and armies and such? I've heard stories about them, but they don't seem to exist anymore...

I'd join a Kyle club if there was one...

:wink:

What happened is that some people were taking the whole "army" thing way too seriously. It mainly came about because of this big drama-fest between the Cartman Army and the Kyle Klub. Basically there was a bunch of flaming and threats of a spam war going back and forth. It was mainly egged on by four or five people. I was gone when most of it was going down, but when I did get back I found a nice little PM waiting for me.

In the end it was resolved rather peacefully and the armies were still in existence. Not too much longer after that the threads were changed into the Official Discussion threads that they are now. I think the original club threads still exist somewhere if you want to check the whole thing out for yourself.

So that, on top of the fact that the threads were prone to lots of spam (Kyle Klub in particular) sealed their fate. There's les crap on the threads these days, so I guess things are better.
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:47 am

Tweeks_Coffee wrote:
Edduyasha wrote:
Indigo Rose wrote:I was a pretty active member of the Kyle Klub myself, but only because I was happy to see I wasn't the only one with him as my favorite character, and because a lot of the people were genuinely nice. And yeah, I was a bit of a n00b throughout it all ^^;

Whatever happened to the clubs and armies and such? I've heard stories about them, but they don't seem to exist anymore...

I'd join a Kyle club if there was one...

:wink:

What happened is that some people were taking the whole "army" thing way too seriously. It mainly came about because of this big drama-fest between the Cartman Army and the Kyle Klub. Basically there was a bunch of flaming and threats of a spam war going back and forth. It was mainly egged on by four or five people. I was gone when most of it was going down, but when I did get back I found a nice little PM waiting for me.

In the end it was resolved rather peacefully and the armies were still in existence. Not too much longer after that the threads were changed into the Official Discussion threads that they are now. I think the original club threads still exist somewhere if you want to check the whole thing out for yourself.

So that, on top of the fact that the threads were prone to lots of spam (Kyle Klub in particular) sealed their fate. There's les crap on the threads these days, so I guess things are better.

TC, I miss you! :P

Oh, you mean MLZS, also known as the only Danish guy on the forum whom AGNAT made fun of for because Sweden is better than Denmark. He was immature about a lot of things. He and Eric..Cartman (Also known as The_Paper_Boy and Kaixx) apparently took something Kyle vs Cartman said and posted it on the CA thread as if she was insulting the honor of the entire clan. Fiddy was gone at the time, and therefore wasn't able to tell Mr. Danish to calm the f*ck down, and I was too busy RPing with bugzbunnie6 at the time to pay attention until MLZS IM’d me, painting me to the overreaction of a news post on the CA forum. I should have known better KvC wasn’t just being a random flamer. And before then I always thought wars were really just random competitions of miscellaneous not-spam related things until then. :?
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:58 am

Argh...I hate being such a newbie. I missed out on all the fun that went on around here a few years back...

Granted, I just got into South Park just recently, so yeah...

:oops:
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
Stovepipe_Jam

Postby Stovepipe_Jam » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:00 am

t3h dr4m4
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:07 am

Hey, Ryan!

Yeah, MLZS, that was it. He was the one that sent me that PM. It was something to the effect of "One of our members was assaulted on your thread. As their leader I demand an apology from you." When I did finally get on the next day I replied and basically told him to screw off (Though in a somewhat nicer and more diplomatic way). Funny how all that crap went down when Fiddy and I were both gone. Then when we did show up we basically told everyone that they were being idiots and to drop the whole thing.
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:18 am

Stovepipe_Jam wrote:t3h dr4m4

I'm pretty certain there were lots of lulz and weirdness involved, too.

*nod*
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
Brave_Sir_Ribbit

Postby Brave_Sir_Ribbit » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:59 am

I remember kswf was on here for a whole week and racked up 1000 posts.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:51 am

Brave_Sir_Ribbit wrote:I remember kswf was on here for a whole week and racked up 1000 posts.

He can do that; on SBF, he has 15,000 posts.

As for the armies: Great ideas, but the noobs took over and chaos ensued. Of course, this is all a ploy by Vexille and I to make you believe the armies are dead when, in reality, the Army of the Holy Marsh controls everything you see, think and feel.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:54 am

People taking an Internet incarnation of something that is already fake, and getting serious about it? Crazy....... Man, why was I born near the dawn of the Internet?
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:07 am

You can still see remnants of the debates that sparked the armies here today. Fortunately, the current rules should be able to stop such a war from happening on the same magnitude.
"Now Kyle, don't fly too close to the sun, or it'll burn your wings, an- and you'll crash into the ocean!"

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
Brave_Sir_Ribbit

Postby Brave_Sir_Ribbit » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:09 pm

KSWF really has nothing better to do with his time I guess. I mean 10,000 on one account and 15,000 on another account, you need to get your life priorities straightened out instead of being an internet troll. I'm sorry but if you got 25,000 plus posts on this board you are a troll and nothing more.

Return to “Hot Topics”