Agaath95 wrote:This Moonkay sounds like an interesting guy..
When I checked the BBS memberlist, there was this guy: Stanley_Marsh109 who has an 11333 post count. Was he a big post whore? I'd like to know..
Oh, hehehehehe, SM109, eh? He was a fairly religious member with a running mouth. And he took POTK, that dirty fuc- well, I;m off topic. *Takes medication* He was a post whore.
Brave_Sir_Ribbit wrote:Did you like her too though? Didn't just about everybody on the BBS like her back then. I'm not gonna lie but I had a small internet crush on her. Back then though was 9th grade and I was stoned out of my ever loving mind all the time I was on there the late spring and summer of 04. This is sort of like the Fuzzy memories thread but whatever. Don't lie I know you did, not as big of a crush on her as SM109 did. Everyone was nice to him....I just put up with the guy, cause I was new even though he was too. So anyways where we we? Someone continue with their stories. I have a good feeling that most of the stories are going to be from the same time period.
hehehehehehehe ....I'm too senile to remember.
One of the best posters ever, with humor kinda like Aym.
SM109 was a HUGE post whore. Moonkay was cool, he had a lot of posts, but he didn't spam.
Man, I've been here way too long.
I miss Sheik alot..He and Moonkay were my first two friends at this board..Sheik had a great sense of humor, and he really needs to come back..
M00ndragon69 wrote:I guess you can say that hating Metal really brought the whole board together..
I never thought of it that way before, but it's true.
Now, I'm not trying to get all eyes on me, but the mention of Metal always makes me flinch because hatred toward me was even stronger while I was gone. Suddenly I come back and everyone's all polite (and the ones that were harsh I ironically end up being like). When I joined I kept hearing about Metal and I reacted like this guy was Satan or something. I even read his posts and he had a shocking tone to his posts that creeped me out. Most spammers do not have shockingly disturbing tones, but Metal did. So one night I was staring at his posts and I looked at his AIM screen name, and then I IMed him, ready to flame. But gradually the conversation grew into a friendly chat. We were talking about music and sh*t, and we got along great. I stayed in touch with him until the Summer of 2004, when I was banned and later disconnected from my ISP thanks to a certain.....eh.....I'll keep it high and say "an administrator I did not agree with." I was very headstrong toward LJ (and sorry BSR but I'm not going to be the one to tell the LJ story) and newbies. And, the biggest mistake I ever made, I f*cked with TTC. So, I paid the price. I regret being recklessly stupid, but I don't regret the stuff I did fully. I honestly don't have a problem with TTC though, although they were a little irritable to me when I was gothdork7. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing.
As enjoyable as abuse.
Yeah there were a lot of Groovey people back then, TTC posted a lot back then, AGNAT didn't do the occasional post every few weeks, breayle was still around, Jamez was a good guy (until LJ), NSFU, KSWF, almost all of the names I think of from the BBS usually started late spring early summer of 04 or were a big part of it. I remember becoming friends with Jub Jub almost instanean....I can't spell that word...I give up on it. Even though the two of us were bi polar opposites. There weren't that many problems on the board, the whole list thing was a big topic way back then. Then people like LJ, and Tweek (UCONNMAN) came along and it went into darker darker times and much much more annoying times, and.......No not gonna do it f*ck the LJ story I've been off this site for awhile there's too much I missed.
Edit: V Wow, we finally heard this story.
Wait, didn't BSR say something about an internet romance? That's another story I'm sure we'd all like to hear....
2) LJ gets a bit annoyed by the BBS's spammers and "trolls", as does the rest of the board.
3) LJ becomes serious enemies with the spammers and trolls.
4) Many of the spammers and trolls get banned, and LJ finds peace but she and some of her friends want to give those spammers and trolls a taste of their own medicine.
5) LJ and her friends spam one of the troll's message boards badly, with pictures of sh*t and stuff. (Sidenote: that troll's name was GrimJim)
6) LJ and her friends begin to find spamming fun, and do it to message boards about topics they do not approve of.
7) Meanwhile, at the BBS, LJ gets an "offensive PM" from one of the "trolls" she hates, and she gets that user banned.
8) That user, Sgt_Baker, turns out secretly being a beloved user named Aym. The people do not like the fact that Aym is gone.
9) People grow sick of LJ's whining, and they "scare" LJ away from the BBS.
10) LJ has a chat with GrimJim over AIM and they both get along great. LJ feels sorry for GrimJim now because now she sees spamming and flaming from a new perspective. She is now officially a spammer, friends with other spammers.
11) LJ's friend's site is discovered by various BBS users who see plots at spamming the BBS to high hell and flaming users. There is also a plot thhat LJ will come back to the BBS and mess with people's heads.
12) LJ becomes extremely hated and she gingerly fades away at the BBS.
13) Meanwhile at her friend's site, she decides spamming is not good again and she ditches him, along with other people.
And there's the ironic saga of LJ.
As enjoyable as abuse.
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests