[Storytime] Tales from the BBS Crypt

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

Agaath95

Postby Agaath95 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:48 pm

This Moonkay sounds like an interesting guy..

When I checked the BBS memberlist, there was this guy: Stanley_Marsh109 who has an 11333 post count. Was he a big post whore? I'd like to know..
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:14 pm

I don't know if he was intentionally being a post whore, I just know that he spent alot of time here in summer of 2004..He was here almost every time that summer when I was here.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:19 pm

Agaath95 wrote:This Moonkay sounds like an interesting guy..

When I checked the BBS memberlist, there was this guy: Stanley_Marsh109 who has an 11333 post count. Was he a big post whore? I'd like to know..

Oh, hehehehehe, SM109, eh? He was a fairly religious member with a running mouth. And he took POTK, that dirty fuc- well, I;m off topic. *Takes medication* He was a post whore.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Brave_Sir_Ribbit

Postby Brave_Sir_Ribbit » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:52 pm

Did you like her too though? Didn't just about everybody on the BBS like her back then. I'm not gonna lie but I had a small internet crush on her. Back then though was 9th grade and I was stoned out of my ever loving mind all the time I was on there the late spring and summer of 04. This is sort of like the Fuzzy memories thread but whatever. Don't lie I know you did, not as big of a crush on her as SM109 did. Everyone was nice to him....I just put up with the guy, cause I was new even though he was too. So anyways where we we? Someone continue with their stories. I have a good feeling that most of the stories are going to be from the same time period.
The BBS' #1 Conan fan. The BBS' Official Retired assh*le.
Dude Cartman Rocks

Postby Dude Cartman Rocks » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:55 pm

hahahahha this is inetersting!! :D :twisted:
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:06 pm

Brave_Sir_Ribbit wrote:Did you like her too though? Didn't just about everybody on the BBS like her back then. I'm not gonna lie but I had a small internet crush on her. Back then though was 9th grade and I was stoned out of my ever loving mind all the time I was on there the late spring and summer of 04. This is sort of like the Fuzzy memories thread but whatever. Don't lie I know you did, not as big of a crush on her as SM109 did. Everyone was nice to him....I just put up with the guy, cause I was new even though he was too. So anyways where we we? Someone continue with their stories. I have a good feeling that most of the stories are going to be from the same time period.

hehehehehehehe :lol: ....I'm too senile to remember.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
airmancoop44

Postby airmancoop44 » Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:29 am

WHERE THE f*ck IS SHEIK YER BOUTI!!!!!!!

One of the best posters ever, with humor kinda like Aym.

SM109 was a HUGE post whore. Moonkay was cool, he had a lot of posts, but he didn't spam.

Man, I've been here way too long.
Brave_Sir_Ribbit

Postby Brave_Sir_Ribbit » Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:46 am

Moonkay posted a lot in a little period of time but he did so in a manner that pissed absolutely no one off, and he was a cool guy. Sheik started the first Have I been drinking too much threads if my memory serves me right. Or how about one of the most hated people back in the day Metal666? I just can't wait until someone sits down and explains the Story of LJ.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:08 am

LOL..Metal666, he was a piece of work..If I remember correctly, two years ago in December, he posted this huge thread about depression..I didn't really read most of it, but basically, he was saying he was depressed and wanting to kill himself..And, of course, alot of people believed him, and showed sympathy to him, offering to be there to talk to him and such..The thread went on for pages and pages, and then a month later, Metal shows up laughing in everyone's face, saying he made up the whole story about being sucidal to get attention...You should have seen how bad he was flamed before he was kicked off. For awhile, even after he was kicked off, there was alot of sh*t talking about him, and he was even mocked alot when we wrote the venting story.. I guess you can say that hating Metal really brought the whole board together..

I miss Sheik alot..He and Moonkay were my first two friends at this board..Sheik had a great sense of humor, and he really needs to come back..
captain_mystery

Postby captain_mystery » Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:33 am

these must have been incredibly groovy people. I wish I could meet them
"I make little distinction between those who commit evil and those who stand by and do nothing."

-"White Wolf," David Gemmell
Grizim

Postby Grizim » Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:57 am

M00ndragon69 wrote:I guess you can say that hating Metal really brought the whole board together..

I never thought of it that way before, but it's true.

Now, I'm not trying to get all eyes on me, but the mention of Metal always makes me flinch because hatred toward me was even stronger while I was gone. Suddenly I come back and everyone's all polite (and the ones that were harsh I ironically end up being like). When I joined I kept hearing about Metal and I reacted like this guy was Satan or something. I even read his posts and he had a shocking tone to his posts that creeped me out. Most spammers do not have shockingly disturbing tones, but Metal did. So one night I was staring at his posts and I looked at his AIM screen name, and then I IMed him, ready to flame. But gradually the conversation grew into a friendly chat. We were talking about music and sh*t, and we got along great. I stayed in touch with him until the Summer of 2004, when I was banned and later disconnected from my ISP thanks to a certain.....eh.....I'll keep it high and say "an administrator I did not agree with." I was very headstrong toward LJ (and sorry BSR but I'm not going to be the one to tell the LJ story) and newbies. And, the biggest mistake I ever made, I f*cked with TTC. So, I paid the price. I regret being recklessly stupid, but I don't regret the stuff I did fully. I honestly don't have a problem with TTC though, although they were a little irritable to me when I was gothdork7. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing.
As enjoyable as abuse.
Brave_Sir_Ribbit

Postby Brave_Sir_Ribbit » Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:08 am

One of these days someone is gonna have to accept the burden of writing the drama known as LJ.........Attention whore..
Yeah there were a lot of Groovey people back then, TTC posted a lot back then, AGNAT didn't do the occasional post every few weeks, breayle was still around, Jamez was a good guy (until LJ), NSFU, KSWF, almost all of the names I think of from the BBS usually started late spring early summer of 04 or were a big part of it. I remember becoming friends with Jub Jub almost instanean....I can't spell that word...I give up on it. Even though the two of us were bi polar opposites. There weren't that many problems on the board, the whole list thing was a big topic way back then. Then people like LJ, and Tweek (UCONNMAN) came along and it went into darker darker times and much much more annoying times, and.......No not gonna do it f*ck the LJ story I've been off this site for awhile there's too much I missed.
bugzbunnie6

Postby bugzbunnie6 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:09 am

Damn it, I want to hear the LJ story!!

Edit: V Wow, we finally heard this story.

Wait, didn't BSR say something about an internet romance? That's another story I'm sure we'd all like to hear....
Last edited by bugzbunnie6 on Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
I *Heart* You.
Grizim

Postby Grizim » Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:55 am

1) LJ starts off as an innocent new user who doesn't have enough importance to be anything bad.

2) LJ gets a bit annoyed by the BBS's spammers and "trolls", as does the rest of the board.

3) LJ becomes serious enemies with the spammers and trolls.

4) Many of the spammers and trolls get banned, and LJ finds peace but she and some of her friends want to give those spammers and trolls a taste of their own medicine.

5) LJ and her friends spam one of the troll's message boards badly, with pictures of sh*t and stuff. (Sidenote: that troll's name was GrimJim)

6) LJ and her friends begin to find spamming fun, and do it to message boards about topics they do not approve of.

7) Meanwhile, at the BBS, LJ gets an "offensive PM" from one of the "trolls" she hates, and she gets that user banned.

8) That user, Sgt_Baker, turns out secretly being a beloved user named Aym. The people do not like the fact that Aym is gone.

9) People grow sick of LJ's whining, and they "scare" LJ away from the BBS.

10) LJ has a chat with GrimJim over AIM and they both get along great. LJ feels sorry for GrimJim now because now she sees spamming and flaming from a new perspective. She is now officially a spammer, friends with other spammers.

11) LJ's friend's site is discovered by various BBS users who see plots at spamming the BBS to high hell and flaming users. There is also a plot thhat LJ will come back to the BBS and mess with people's heads.

12) LJ becomes extremely hated and she gingerly fades away at the BBS.

13) Meanwhile at her friend's site, she decides spamming is not good again and she ditches him, along with other people.

And there's the ironic saga of LJ.
As enjoyable as abuse.
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:17 am

……..wow! This place has quite a history!
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!

Return to “Hot Topics”