[Storytime] Tales from the BBS Crypt

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

Stovepipe_Jam

Postby Stovepipe_Jam » Wed May 10, 2006 12:55 am

*Sighs* I hope someday I can tell such awesome stories about the BBs as you guys... :)

I actually hung around here for a few months before joining. Didn't really pay attention much, but still... :roll:
Recnahs

Postby Recnahs » Wed May 10, 2006 1:02 am

Stovepipe_Jam wrote:*Sighs* I hope someday I can tell such awesome stories about the BBs as you guys... :)

I actually hung around here for a few months before joining. Didn't really pay attention much, but still... :roll:

Thats kinda unbeliveable, what did u do when u were just hanging here? read posts or news or something?
Stovepipe_Jam

Postby Stovepipe_Jam » Wed May 10, 2006 1:03 am

Recnahs wrote:
Stovepipe_Jam wrote:*Sighs* I hope someday I can tell such awesome stories about the BBs as you guys... :)

Thats kinda unbeliveable, what did you do when you were just hanging here? read posts or news or something?

Read fanfics. :roll: All of them. :lol: And a few posts too.
Stanley_Marsh109

Postby Stanley_Marsh109 » Wed May 10, 2006 1:11 am

I remember a RPG where we each became characters in a video game about America being invaded by the Soviets.
I'm only happy when I'm in my misery...

Thanks to Mr. Hat_DX27 for the sig!
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Wed May 10, 2006 1:17 am

Stanley_Marsh109 wrote:I remember a RPG where we each became characters in a video game about America being invaded by the Soviets.

Yeah, Freedom Fighters. It didn't go too far as people either godmodded or wanted to be a Russian, LOl.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Stanley_Marsh109

Postby Stanley_Marsh109 » Wed May 10, 2006 2:02 am

Most people didn't know what they were talking about. :lol:

Stovepipe_Jam

Postby Stovepipe_Jam » Wed May 10, 2006 2:23 am

Hey anybody know what happened to NotAFanBoy? He's been posting but he hasn't been making new threads anymore. And he seems to have turned into the total opposite of his original self. :?

That guy is the most pathetic excuse for a human being ever to stain the BBs.
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Wed May 10, 2006 2:29 am

I'm sure that there's been way, way worse.

And I sorta hanged around before joining. I came here to lurk occasionally, and when 9.5 started, I read the new episode discussions until after Marjorine when I said, "f*ck it, I'll just join."

It's not so unbelievable that people lurk before joining. I did, on-and-off, for about a month and a half.

These stories are fun to read, and make more sense to me now that I'm friends with some of the older members and know a bit more about what happened.
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Wed May 10, 2006 2:46 am

Stovepipe_Jam wrote:
Recnahs wrote:

Thats kinda unbeliveable, what did you do when you were just hanging here? read posts or news or something?

Read fanfics. :roll: All of them. :lol: And a few posts too.

That’s kind of what I did to. I remember regging an account back in late-mid July of 2005, but I lost the password for it and was too lazy to retrieve it. Around September I managed to grow the grapes to re-register, and this time, start posting here. Guess it turned out for the better, eh?
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Wed May 10, 2006 8:41 am

I lurked for like a day before I joined as I always 'scope' a board before joining as I hate joining dead ones... this one seemed really freindly so I registered...

And the rest is history =)

ShaneHaughey wrote:I remember the rap thread and how I owned SP109, as much as I hate rap. He never understood internal rhyme scheme.

o.O
^

There was one of these? We need to do another one =P
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Wed May 10, 2006 2:30 pm

[quote="Jay C"e0]I lurked for like a day before I joined as I always 'scope' a board before joining as I hate joining dead ones... this one seemed really freindly so I registered...

And the rest is history =)

[quote="ShaneHaughey"e0]I remember the rap thread and how I owned SP109, as much as I hate rap. He never understood internal rhyme scheme.[/quotee0]

o.O
^

There was one of these? We need to do another one =P[/quotee0]
Go ahead, but good luck on not having it erupt into a flame wa. The last one did, and that pre-noob.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Stanley_Marsh109

Postby Stanley_Marsh109 » Wed May 10, 2006 9:06 pm

Yeah, given the current quality of the members we have now a flame war is a foregone conclusion.

Stovepipe_Jam

Postby Stovepipe_Jam » Wed May 10, 2006 9:11 pm

Stanley_Marsh109 wrote:Yeah, given the current quality of the members we have now a flame war is a foregone conclusion.

And it probably won't even be interesting to watch. A lot of the idiots on here can't even think of a real insult.

This dude called Cedric Digsby was flaming me last night, and it made me laugh so much. His insults made absolutely no sense whatsoever. :lol:
Stanley_Marsh109

Postby Stanley_Marsh109 » Wed May 10, 2006 9:17 pm

Yeah he made a (pathetic) attempt to get back at me today. Just ignore and move on.

Anyway, another memory I had was LJ. I have yet to really mention her yet, but to the best of my memory she was actually a semi-normal person at first. But then she started this thing with Jamez and had to let the whole board know all about their cyber-sex, which pissed a lot of people off, and then's when she began to become a drama queen and she started sh*t for no reason other than to gain attention for herself. Eventually, to the best of my knowledge, she stopped coming onto the board after she made herself unwelcome here. I didn't like Jamez much either. I felt he was given a position that should've been given to somebody who was more level-headed and mature.

Stovepipe_Jam

Postby Stovepipe_Jam » Thu May 11, 2006 8:06 pm

Yeah, I've been reading up on LJ lately. :lol: She sounds like a real bitch. Some people just weren't meant for the BBs... :roll:

Return to “Hot Topics”