[Storytime] Tales from the BBS Crypt

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Tue May 23, 2006 11:50 pm

ENOUGH!!!

This thread isn't for stupid arguments or discussing the issue of noobs. It's here for times past, not times present. Now c'mon, let's hear more about the summer of '04.
Brave_Sir_Ribbit

Postby Brave_Sir_Ribbit » Wed May 24, 2006 12:03 am

Oh geez the really only good year that I can remember, and it's a weird thing too because I'm suprised I can remember it. Stoned every night when I was on here, people spammed but it wasn't so damn bad, there were no side advertisements that told us that we were about to meet our ultimate defeat, and it was in it's own little window. When it didn't have 1200 users join every day to ruin the whole board, where the mods and admins didn't have much work to do. Those were the days.
The BBS' #1 Conan fan. The BBS' Official Retired assh*le.
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Wed May 24, 2006 3:45 am

Stanley_Marsh109 wrote:But the BBS will probably never be as cool as it once was in the summer of 2004.

Alas, I have long since come to terms with this harsh fact. :(
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Wed May 24, 2006 5:59 am

The first time I killed a man, I didn't think it would end up as such.
Mewster had come into town and set-up shop at the saloon, the very one PC would walk in months later. He gazed over the crowd in there, dismissing many with a glance, and then he saw me. He walked over and sat down at my table with a bottle. I nodded at him and looked back at my own bottle, waiting for him to speak.
"My name is Mewster, and I kill people. Who are you and do you have a gun? Mewster asked. He also did have a knack for frank conversation.
"The name is Shane, and yes I have a gun."
"Well, next question; do you have any problems killing people?"
"Yes, I don't-"
"What about animals, like wild dogs?"
"Well, no, I don't."
"Okay, now what about the Cartman?"
"Who?"
"Dog-like men, outlaws, vermin. They feed on this town and prey upon her people. I'm looking for young guns to protect the middle class, ones who will not betray them to her foes. I'm looking not for killers, but gunfighters with values. Do you have values?"
"Yes."
"Do you like money?"
"Yes, does this job pay?"
"No, but I'm sure you will someday."
"Listen, I'm not going to kill people."
"I'm not asking you too, I'm asking you to guard me as I kill people."
"But, wouldn't that mean shooting those that try to shoot you?"
"Yes."
"But wouldn't that be the same as killing?"
"Not really. You're protecting me, a noble deed, and vermin got in the way and could kill you. Self-defense, really."
The logic was perfect, so I joined.

Within a week, there was four gunners with him. We were mostly clean-shaven Catholics. We also had guns.

On the 1st, he met us at the saloon and told us a small group of Cartman were meeting right above us, discussing something of import. He said he already knew what it was because of a spy, but that they were catching on. They were going to go into the room and extract the man. before any questions could be asked, he had his pistol out and was going up the stairs as we all fumbled with ours. We followed him up.

BOOM, BOOM.
Two massive shots echoed as we came to the opened door. Mewster was already in the room and we could see at least one man, his throat blown up and blood pouring out as his eyes grew wider and his stetson fell on top of his face. Three more loud cracks could be heard as the door was hit and a portion of it blown off.
I was the first one into the room.
Mewster was behind a turned over dresser, stretched out, Colt in his hand. Besides that one dead man, another was clucthing his shoulder as a woman tended to the wound. I found my first target, a fool who stood in the middle of the room. I fired twice, the hand cannon blowing him back and on top of the bed. I moved to the side as a bullet caught the man behind me in the head and killed him, slowing the third and fourth gunners.

A fourth Cartman saw me and tried to fire, but Mewster popped up and fired one shot that struck the man in his head. In a split second, he was a stump. The last man held the woman hostage, Colt to her head, as he backed up next to the window.

"Come any closer and I'll ki-" The man began, but suddenly stopped.
At first, Shane didn't see why the man had suddenly stopped, but after a second, it became clear. The woman had unsheathed a small knife and put it in the man’s gut. She then took the colt and tossed it on the bed, turned to face the man while un-holstering a Derringer, then shot him in the face. He bent back and broke the window and the laid on the windowsill, blood from the knife dripping in the room, from the headshot onto the ground.

“Shane, meet SugarDaddyStan.”
That's how it's down here on the farm!
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Wed May 24, 2006 3:33 pm

ShaneHaughey wrote:“Shane, meet SugarDaddyStan.”

:D <3
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Wed May 24, 2006 3:43 pm

ShaneHaughey wrote:The first time I killed a man, I didn't think it would end up as such.
Mewster had come into town and set-up shop at the saloon, the very one PC would walk in months later. He gazed over the crowd in there, dismissing many with a glance, and then he saw me. He walked over and sat down at my table with a bottle. I nodded at him and looked back at my own bottle, waiting for him to speak.
"My name is Mewster, and I kill people. Who are you and do you have a gun? Mewster asked. He also did have a knack for frank conversation.
"The name is Shane, and yes I have a gun."
"Well, next question; do you have any problems killing people?"
"Yes, I don't-"
"What about animals, like wild dogs?"
"Well, no, I don't."
"Okay, now what about the Cartman?"
"Who?"
"Dog-like men, outlaws, vermin. They feed on this town and prey upon her people. I'm looking for young guns to protect the middle class, ones who will not betray them to her foes. I'm looking not for killers, but gunfighters with values. Do you have values?"
"Yes."
"Do you like money?"
"Yes, does this job pay?"
"No, but I'm sure you will someday."
"Listen, I'm not going to kill people."
"I'm not asking you too, I'm asking you to guard me as I kill people."
"But, wouldn't that mean shooting those that try to shoot you?"
"Yes."
"But wouldn't that be the same as killing?"
"Not really. You're protecting me, a noble deed, and vermin got in the way and could kill you. Self-defense, really."
The logic was perfect, so I joined.

Within a week, there was four gunners with him. We were mostly clean-shaven Catholics. We also had guns.

On the 1st, he met us at the saloon and told us a small group of Cartman were meeting right above us, discussing something of import. He said he already knew what it was because of a spy, but that they were catching on. They were going to go into the room and extract the man. before any questions could be asked, he had his pistol out and was going up the stairs as we all fumbled with ours. We followed him up.

BOOM, BOOM.
Two massive shots echoed as we came to the opened door. Mewster was already in the room and we could see at least one man, his throat blown up and blood pouring out as his eyes grew wider and his stetson fell on top of his face. Three more loud cracks could be heard as the door was hit and a portion of it blown off.
I was the first one into the room.
Mewster was behind a turned over dresser, stretched out, Colt in his hand. Besides that one dead man, another was clucthing his shoulder as a woman tended to the wound. I found my first target, a fool who stood in the middle of the room. I fired twice, the hand cannon blowing him back and on top of the bed. I moved to the side as a bullet caught the man behind me in the head and killed him, slowing the third and fourth gunners.

A fourth Cartman saw me and tried to fire, but Mewster popped up and fired one shot that struck the man in his head. In a split second, he was a stump. The last man held the woman hostage, Colt to her head, as he backed up next to the window.

"Come any closer and I'll ki-" The man began, but suddenly stopped.
At first, Shane didn't see why the man had suddenly stopped, but after a second, it became clear. The woman had unsheathed a small knife and put it in the man’s gut. She then took the colt and tossed it on the bed, turned to face the man while un-holstering a Derringer, then shot him in the face. He bent back and broke the window and the laid on the windowsill, blood from the knife dripping in the room, from the headshot onto the ground.

“Shane, meet SugarDaddyStan.”

That was awesome =P
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
Stanley_Marsh109

Postby Stanley_Marsh109 » Wed May 24, 2006 10:57 pm

I remember when Breayle instituted (for a short time) a 5 minute waiting period after each post. I remember Jessie and I went nuts! :lol:
I'm only happy when I'm in my misery...

Thanks to Mr. Hat_DX27 for the sig!
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Wed May 24, 2006 11:01 pm

Stanley_Marsh109 wrote:I remember when Breayle instituted (for a short time) a 5 minute waiting period after each post. I remember Jessie and I went nuts! :lol:

Wow that would have been annoying, seeing as everybody would have been pissed as they're used to posting every 30 seconds now. Aah I can imagine that actually... all of the currant n00bs bitching in the feedback thread, not realising that when they are bitching, they're wasting 'valuble' posting time. =P
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
Stanley_Marsh109

Postby Stanley_Marsh109 » Wed May 24, 2006 11:50 pm

Oh yeah. There was an ungodly amount of bitching back then (which is why it was eventually changed) but imagine it now...

Stovepipe_Jam

Postby Stovepipe_Jam » Wed May 24, 2006 11:55 pm

Stanley_Marsh109 wrote:Oh yeah. There was an ungodly amount of bitching back then (which is why it was eventually changed) but imagine it now...

I would shoot myself.

Anyway.......so what was SugarDaddyStan like? I remember NYGuy322 mentioned her on his FOSFF profile, at least before he deleted it.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu May 25, 2006 12:03 am

Stovepipe_Jam wrote:
Stanley_Marsh109 wrote:Oh yeah. There was an ungodly amount of bitching back then (which is why it was eventually changed) but imagine it now...

I would shoot myself.

Anyway.......so what was SugarDaddyStan like? I remember NYGuy322 mentioned her on his FOSFF profile, at least before he deleted it.

SDS was f*cking awesome. She loved classic rock and loved Stan. I also introduced her to her current love interest. :wink:
Stanley_Marsh109

Postby Stanley_Marsh109 » Thu May 25, 2006 12:18 am

She was totally awesome! I remember she lived on the East Coast somewhere and she played guitar. She also liked the song "One Fine Day".

ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu May 25, 2006 12:35 am

Stanley_Marsh109 wrote:She was totally awesome! I remember she lived on the East Coast somewhere and she played guitar. She also liked the song "One Fine Day".

She used to live in Virginia, now lives in ENGLAND!
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Thu May 25, 2006 2:27 am

Stanley_Marsh109 wrote:I remember when Breayle instituted (for a short time) a 5 minute waiting period after each post. I remember Jessie and I went nuts! :lol:

Haha, I remember that. You two used to post back and forth in the Person Above thread talking about how much you loved each other. :lol:

As for SDS, yes, she now lives in England, but she graduates next year and plans to move back to the US at that time. Hopefully she'll be able to visit her family here in the US this summer so she can stop by Alabama and visit me.

And yes, Shane introduced us. I also introduced Shane to Kailey, his current love interest. Funny how that works out.
Stovepipe_Jam

Postby Stovepipe_Jam » Thu May 25, 2006 2:35 am

I met my own current love interest on the BBs.

Kelly MacCornmac, she and I are both fanfiction writers, that's how we met. :D

As you said, funny how that works out.

Return to “Hot Topics”