What's up?

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

Ex1lepr0

Re: What's up?

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Mon May 16, 2011 9:36 pm

broseph_lala wrote:
Ex1lepr0 wrote:At the moment, I have no job, but I'm joining the Navy in the summer, so yeah, that's what's up...

That's awesome! Are you nervous?

Yeah, but a blend of nervousness and excitement. Basic's going to be a bitch though... :)
Can't we all just get along?
broseph_lala

Postby broseph_lala » Mon May 16, 2011 10:08 pm

In my opinion, only the tough sign up for the service...I give you credit, man! I don't think I'd be able to handle it!

I'm just sitting here listening to the intoxicating sounds of Incubus' "Morning View" cd.
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Mon May 16, 2011 11:32 pm

broseph_lala wrote:In my opinion, only the tough sign up for the service...I give you credit, man! I don't think I'd be able to handle it!

I'm just sitting here listening to the intoxicating sounds of Incubus' "Morning View" cd.

Thanks, I hope I make it...
Can't we all just get along?
broseph_lala

Postby broseph_lala » Thu May 19, 2011 7:15 pm

Just watched the new South Park episode, what the hell? haha
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu May 19, 2011 9:51 pm

My car's falling apart.
broseph_lala

Postby broseph_lala » Wed May 25, 2011 3:11 am

I hate "overtime" in professional sports!
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Wed May 25, 2011 3:59 am

What's this thread for? *turns to page one* "Tell your life." My identity's not worth stealing so mmmkay. I'm 20.28747433 years old today. I've spent 73.93% of my life in the Tendring district of the county of Essex, in England, though I often claim to live in the neighbouring district, a town dating back to the Roman era though not in its present form, where we do most of our shopping. I almost went to a school there founded in the time of Henry 8th, but preferred to go where my friends did, probably a mistake since we haven't kept in touch. Was home, church, and state schooled for roughly a third of elementry school, each having their merits and demerits. I have an older sister with 3 children but feel like an only child because there was such a gap between kids my sister left home before I was born. My dad is just about in the top 30% of earners from tax brackets though I feel rich, maybe because I hang around with poorer people mostly. Mum's always been a housewife. I didn't get broadband until the late 2000s though I used the net a lot more when I had dialup. I've never had to work a day, and therefore have not, and don't do much housework. Somehow got into college, only time I lived outside the county. Friends, relationships and most animals are too much effort, though I've had fish and small mammals as pets and 'low maintenance' friends. Watch a lot of news, talk a lot of sh*t, do very little. Never went to a hospital for myself, very healthy, despite lack of exercise. Always something to complain about; either too hot or too cold never just right, if you know what I mean. Spent one day in France thanks to Eurostar. I might try learning to drive this summer, hell since i've got almost 4 months left I might even try getting some kind of short term employment, but probably won't do either. I didn't do so well in my second year at college so I've transferred to another course, and have to pretty much redo the year but get to focus on what I like.

I should also mention I share a 7-bedroom house with six other people.

Sounds like the dorms at my college; bedrooms are not the same as beds thankfully, never shared a room, except once when we went on a caravan holiday when I was 3. Had a fear of ducks as a small child, oddly.

But this theard isn't only about your personnal informations. It's just to tell what happened today

Oh really? I got up, was in a panic because the university emailed that I hadn't paid rent for last semester when I had, called them up to fix that. Friend called, I didn't want to talk but I find it hard to say no, so chatted about stuff I didn't give a sh*t about for 2 hours. Last night I watched every episode of the old adult swim show Moral Orel, If i get into a show i watch it all as quick as possible. Same goes for learning things, I recently foundthese chemistry videos and since its the summer for me, thought I'd watch, I'm currently 51 parts in, watched 4 today. Had a pizza, soup, about a dozen coffees. Rearanged my room a bit, I have no desk in there. Got a cut on my lip, don't know how, infected so i had to rub bonjella on, that stuff always makes me hallucinate but it kills pain.

I'm starting to think I'm someone who won't be hired. I've applied at hospitals (for entry-level sterilization processing tech jobs), Home Depot, Radio Shack, Target, even local grocery stores.

I haven't even applied anywhere, I have no qualifications or experience at ALL so far, I don't know if i'd be able to DO a job of any sort if i got one. Getting old so i should put a foot on the ladder soon. They have radio shack your end, I'm going to apply for a supermarket probably, in a couple of weeks, lots of places there. Just always seems too late.

If all else fails, try McDonald's.

My friend got McDonalds and he dropped out of highschool, but he got it when he was about 2 years younger than me. Getting...something....for the CV is more important than pay for my parasitic ass.

I hate "overtime" in professional sports!

I hate professional sports - takes all the fun out of the game.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am

I'm chillin' in bed, contemplating whether or not to cancel the "appointment" I made with my body shop to fix my broken seat bracket. I'm thinking of taking it in once I get the insurance company to look at it and cut a check to get the hail dents knocked out of it. Then I'll get everything done at once.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Wed May 25, 2011 7:57 am

I'm at the table wondering if i should hop to bed or not, I've been up 16 hours but haven't accomplished all i planned to today. I got to sleep before people wake up or they'll keep me up with them =/
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Zabonoturo

Postby Zabonoturo » Wed May 25, 2011 5:52 pm

Ex1lepr0 wrote:Just a typical tuesday then?

Yes...I hate tuesdays.
SCREW YOU GUYS,I'M GOING HOME.
cynthia325

Postby cynthia325 » Wed May 25, 2011 6:11 pm

BRMBug, it seems that we are in the same boat. I don't exactly have the same problem with my car. But none-the-less I have yet another problem with my effing Volvo960! As much as I love my dear Olga (yes I named her the most masculine female name since she is a tank) she can be a b*tch! As Gilda Radner (may she rest in peace) would say "It's always something."

I had the raditor replaced Saturday after it overheated. And now I am having the A/C hoses bypassed. My A/C does not blow out cold air, and I live in Florida you see so I sweat balls just on the ride to work. I have am taking a trip to Orlando this weekend and there is no way in hell I am driving 3 hours without A/C. No I refuse to ride with the windows rolled down. After driving my car once with a roach on my big toe and once with a spider on the dashboard... you learn to use the A/C.

There is always something wrong with my car. Whether someone hits in in the parkinglot or the radiator blows. Every other weeks something goes wrong. I'm afraid to buy another car because A: I love the way she drives. and B: no $$$ right now anyway.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed May 25, 2011 11:29 pm

Yeah, I feel your pain. We don't always have the humidity that y'all see over there, but we get every bit as much of the heat in the summer. There were a couple of them where I was driving my old Impala or the old family Lumina with no A/C. Luckily I was able to fix the Impala's myself for only a few hundred dollars. Parts alone for the Lumina neared $1000, so we never got it fixed.
As to the Bug, I've got a mini-plethora of issues. The less serious issues include; falling headliner, detached door panel leather, worn and torn seat leather/vinyl, scratched up and peeling dashboard panels, and a cracked and broken console. At one point, the arm rest stopped staying in place (it ratchets), but I managed to temporarily fix it.
Some of the more pressing issues include a broken seat bracket (where it bolts to the floorboard), a leaky sunroof drain, a possibly breaking passenger's side door check mechanism, A maybe failing clutch, worn out front strut bushings (which flabbergasts me, as they only have 20,000 miles on them), and possibly worn brakes. And I recently replaced my driver's side seat belt buckle (for the third time since I've had the car) because the switch inside it broke, which trips an airbag fail-safe disabling the system. :|
Now of course, I have hail damage from the store the other night, including a busted windshield and dimpled roof, hood, and for some reason, passenger's side door. Weirdest of all is all the damage is on the side of the car that was most covered by a tree. :?
broseph_lala

Postby broseph_lala » Thu May 26, 2011 1:57 am

My two days off when by so quick, DAMN IT!
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Thu May 26, 2011 7:05 am

Every hour every day goes by quick when you want it slow and vice versa. I slept half my day away for 13 hours, something I should probably be thankful for. If I don't set an alarm i don't wake up and my clock be kaput.

Every time my fatass sits on the chair it creaks, pegs fall out the sides and it starts to chip over time, eventually i have to subtly replace my chair with someone elses. I'm not even that heavy though, muscles weigh more than lard and i got none, so I blame bloody shoddy chairs! I need to get bigger problems to moan about :I

At least I don't have a car to break ;I hope yours be fixable bug. Oh hail and other forms of bad weather, how I don't envy people who have to deal with you :I
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
broseph_lala

Postby broseph_lala » Thu May 26, 2011 7:55 pm

Lack of sleep + work = me extremely burned out.

Return to “Hot Topics”