What's up?

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

Mamont

Re: What's up?

Postby Mamont » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:56 pm

I can't wait for this week to end to get some rest. I have a big gig with my band on friday, so we have two hour rehearsals every day.

Barack_Obama wrote:I go many days without posting but still look at some threads.

Yeah, but I'm a post whore.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:44 pm

I did an experement where we measured how fast some llittle shrimp things travelled - pippetted a blob of water with shrimp in on graph paper and saw how many squares it crossed in a set time. It was such animal cruelty though as we had to do it for various temperatures, and see both differences in the rate of movement (Faster when warmer) and how many shrimps we needed to measure for the mean to settle down (less variance when colder / slower).

I only say this because karma bit me in the ass later in the day when i took a shower and the hot water was off so it froze me then the hot water suddenly came on to boil me, like the vengeful ghosts of the shrimp posessed it!
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:39 am

Our heat is controlled by a switch...so if somebody turns it off, no hot water, and then if someone quickly turned it on again ( and at full blast) you'd get scolded! :shock: ....but then again, it could be others using it. When you share water (dorm/apartment) it changes much more often :roll:

I'm watching Jeopardy! and am here. About to go back to video games and Wiki before they black it out for a day :|
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:48 am

What's Up: I'm enjoying my internship with an Immigration Law Judge.

I gave up my FB account; I wasn't using it anymore. I never had a FB before. It was needed to participate in nall's beta testing of a new feature on this board for Season 16. But with that beta test over, and real life taking up my time, there was no point to it.

I see that wiki is dark now for 24 hours; however, before I get redirected to a page that explains why wiki is dark, I can see the wiki page for a split second. So on my mac using the command: SHIFT - COMMAND - 3 I can take a screen shot of my entire screen just before the redirect. I open the screen shot and I can read the wiki entry 8)

And that's about it. I can be found on aquaria's IRC sometimes; I don't even have much time for that anymore. Or you can leave me a pm here.

Later all :)
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:51 am

See ya ZZ.

The wind is howling, too loud to sleep....
Can't we all just get along?
Samathou

Postby Samathou » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:51 am

What's up: Until 00:48am I wrote a text that I plan to paste on my computer.
Also, there we go... this morning I woke up with another bloating in my stomach! Refusing to go to do sport, I joined the school nurse.
I definitely have a colon inflammation, and everytime I eat my intestine swells...
The problem is that nobody gives a damn, except some of my friends, so I am forced to walk during all the day, and to work over and over under this abominable pain.
I am completely powerless about it :( and all I did this morning was to lay down in the infirmary and to think about things I even don't remember anymore... but all I know is that it wasn't important.
And now, it starts again, my brother is playing this piano in the livingroom, always the same music, what tends to hurt my ears as it is very, very loud.
I am upstairs, my bedroom's door is close: I hear this as if I were next to the piano. Nothing is right lately.
And I wish my days were more brightened up.

Now, I'm working for a project, alone, which will probably have no success, but whatever.... as long as it is not a job or something I am forced to do.

What can be positive is... the fact that the weather is good, so it prevents me from being in a bad mood. (That's the good thing)
In October, I already wanna wish you a Merry Christmas... mwahaha! ~~
xXJesscorporateXx

Postby xXJesscorporateXx » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:32 pm

zzyzx 1 wrote:What's Up: I'm enjoying my internship with an Immigration Law Judge.

I gave up my FB account; I wasn't using it anymore. I never had a FB before. It was needed to participate in nall's beta testing of a new feature on this board for Season 16. But with that beta test over, and real life taking up my time, there was no point to it.

I see that wiki is dark now for 24 hours; however, before I get redirected to a page that explains why wiki is dark, I can see the wiki page for a split second. So on my mac using the command: SHIFT - COMMAND - 3 I can take a screen shot of my entire screen just before the redirect. I open the screen shot and I can read the wiki entry 8)

And that's about it. I can be found on aquaria's IRC sometimes; I don't even have much time for that anymore. Or you can leave me a pm here.

Later all :)

Yeah, whenever I open a wiki page it was up by a second then completely black out unpredictably with a blank zip code in the bottom. I hope the congress censorship fiasco isn't affecting Wikipedia as well. That'd be horrible.
I was IKyman/Starlitlight
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:18 pm

My back hurts, and I'm balls-tired. I couldn't get to sleep last night and was up until 4am. The chocolate I had when I got home from work at 10:30 probably didn't help much either.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:19 pm

had 3 classes in a row and feel over-worked. I'm so spoiled by my lazy schedule! I havn't done more than 3 hours of classes a day since I was 16. I got no clue how i used to find 5 hours of classes so easy.
About to 'read' that audiobook i got. reading with your eyes is so last century!
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:37 pm

Burger King is about to start delivery in some test markets; minimum purchase is $8.00 I don't eat Burger King. In-N-Out is the best :)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ros ... _blog.html
Samathou

Postby Samathou » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:55 pm

Unassumption wrote:had 3 classes in a row and feel over-worked. I'm so spoiled by my lazy schedule! I havn't done more than 3 hours of classes a day since I was 16. I got no clue how i used to find 5 hours of classes so easy.
About to 'read' that audiobook i got. reading with your eyes is so last century!

I have 5classes in a row Monday... thankfully, now it will only be 3 for the rest of the year.
But yes, I wish you good luck to re-get used to follow classes; I encourage you to succeed! :D

What's up: I have pills against this stomachache... I took the miraculous soothing solution; the bath. While I was f*cking tired some hours ago, before bathing, now I am a bit overexcited. =X
I also believe I've become a soy milk lover.
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:57 pm

Unassumption wrote:I got no clue how i used to find 5 hours of classes so easy.

How are you gonna survive 8 hours of work?
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:12 pm

Terrible day at work. Got my feet wet early in the morning already, and spent most of the day out on the cold and wind.
Samathou

Postby Samathou » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:35 pm

Mamont wrote:Terrible day at work. Got my feet wet early in the morning already, and spent most of the day out on the cold and wind.

I confirm it: you had a sh*tty day: I bet that you felt way better after coming back home after this nightmare.

What's up: Today... I tasted a bit of flange...
Ahaa... we live only once... I also learnt a few time ago that it was made with blood... (I am so uncultivated :mrgreen: ) Call me Dracula 2? =X
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:12 pm

Samathou wrote:I bet that you felt way better after coming back home after this nightmare.

I wouldn't call it a nightmare. But, yes, I did feel a lot better after coming home.

Samathou wrote:I also learnt a few time ago that it was made with blood...

?!

Return to “Hot Topics”