What's up?

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

kfgg

Re: What's up?

Postby kfgg » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:21 pm

It's Ramadan. It's the holiest month in Islam. This involves fasting from eating and drinking from sunrise to sunset

Sammie is 1/2 Muslim, the other 1/2 Catholic but Agnostic. She likes challenges, so she is fasting for Ramadan.

Me personally, I'm not part of any specific church or religion. I believe in God, and I pray. I've tried fasting before for Lent when I was a full blown practicing Catholic, and I failed miserably.

I figured I would give Ramadan a try. So far I have been able to not eat during the day. I've been tempted to eat something, but so far have managed to not eat except after dark.

I am not however fasting from drinking. I need to drink. You need water more than food, and its hot. I could get sick. I don't want to get sick for any reason.

I have noticed fasting has made me more "relaxed" and "level headed" which is really hard to explain.

Sammie doesn't want me to imitate her. I'm not. I'm just fasting from food. She's not eating or drinking anything at all from sunrise to sunset.

So far so good, but its really tempting when you see food in the kitchen and you want to eat. I just remember "I'm doing this for a reason"
Stan and Kyle :)
Samathou

Postby Samathou » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:35 pm

kfgg wrote:It's Ramadan. It's the holiest month in Islam. This involves fasting from eating and drinking from sunrise to sunset

Sammie is 1/2 Muslim, the other 1/2 Catholic but Agnostic. She likes challenges, so she is fasting for Ramadan.

Me personally, I'm not part of any specific church or religion. I believe in God, and I pray. I've tried fasting before for Lent when I was a full blown practicing Catholic, and I failed miserably.

I figured I would give Ramadan a try. So far I have been able to not eat during the day. I've been tempted to eat something, but so far have managed to not eat except after dark.

I am not however fasting from drinking. I need to drink. You need water more than food, and its hot. I could get sick. I don't want to get sick for any reason.

I have noticed fasting has made me more "relaxed" and "level headed" which is really hard to explain.

Sammie doesn't want me to imitate her. I'm not. I'm just fasting from food. She's not eating or drinking anything at all from sunrise to sunset.

So far so good, but its really tempting when you see food in the kitchen and you want to eat. I just remember "I'm doing this for a reason"

I AM NOOOOT 1/2 MUSLIM NOR CATHOLIC!! I AM NOTHING!
In October, I already wanna wish you a Merry Christmas... mwahaha! ~~
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:44 pm

Your parents however, have religions that they follow to some extent. Thus a lot of things such as Christmas, Ramadan, etc will be celebrated and observed in your household.

That's what I meant.

Anyway, right now I am doing some radio stuff. DJing on my internet station. That's what's up.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:05 pm

I thought the Ramadan fast only applied to beverages other than water; like coffee and tea and juice. I mean c'mon, this religion started in Arabia. Prohibiting people from drinking ANYTHING during the day is just mean, even for a religion. It's a desert! And it's August! It's probably 124 degrees in Mecca right now.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:04 pm

Well, the month wouldn't always be in August. The Muslims follow their own calendar, which is lunar, so the months for them change in terms of actual time, so it'll be in a completely different month each year.
Can't we all just get along?
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:48 am

I thought the Ramadan fast only applied to beverages other than water

I wondered how people in the desert didn't dehydrate to death / could defend their armies with a rule prohibiting water consumption in the heat. I don't know if they can drink or not now! i'll have to wiki...

I'm just fasting from food.

weren't you on a strict diet before hand?
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:35 am

Just listening to some music that's what's up
Last edited by kfgg on Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:32 am

Wii fit man wrote:I have to go to Texas from thursday to Sunday. It's going to be over 100 degrees the whole time, and we're staying in a trailer. I'm going to be surrounded by my annoying extended family the entire time. FML

I've been staying in a trailer for the past week. With nothing but a single window AC unit to keep cool. (and even that don't work to well. :/) I'm sleeping on a an ancient sleeper-sofa in an enclosed porch, and it's so hot outside even at night that I can't put the box fan in an open window to stay cool. the only way I can stay comfortable at night is open the window between the trailer and porch, and put a fan in there to pull the cool air in from the main area. Luckily the AC is in the window across the way from it, so it's just a straight shot.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:47 pm

Wasting my time here as usual
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Samathou

Postby Samathou » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:48 am

Unassumption wrote:Wasting my time here as usual
Same bullsh*t.
In October, I already wanna wish you a Merry Christmas... mwahaha! ~~
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:04 pm

Playing games on a rainy summer day.
Can't we all just get along?
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:40 pm

wasting my time while waiting for dinner to burn i like it scorched.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
GeminiShamrock

Postby GeminiShamrock » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:59 pm

Drinking some sweet Texas tea I made myself while watching TV and surfing the web.
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
furrybutch

Postby furrybutch » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:44 pm

trying to pull out a whole nighter ~Churyuww~
Who wants a super delish candy with a superextracalifragilistic rapeinduhass?
Blue Twilight

Postby Blue Twilight » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:43 am

so im piss ass drunk, got a B+/A- on the midterm and half our class went to ht library and burrito loco XD

id runk texted a bunch of my friends, dnow i m drunk posting XD hi everyone i lvove you guys
Illegitimi non carborundum.

Return to “Hot Topics”