What's up?

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: What's up?

Postby Big-Will » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:02 am

Watching videos of Masha and the Bear. Don't know what they're saying, but the stories are easy to follow without the dialog. :)
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:59 pm

I'm learning to brew at work. It's pretty straight-forward. You just follow the recipe. I just need to figure out all the pipes and valves, and remember all the steps. Two weeks and I'll be ready to work on my own. :]
My brother also got a job in our brewery. It's a bit awkward, because I'm now senior to my older brother, and soon I'll be somewhat of a foreman.

Also, I'm moving next week. I found a pretty cheap little place just 15 minutes away from work. Can't wait to settle in.
Big-Will wrote:Watching videos of Masha and the Bear. Don't know what they're saying, but the stories are easy to follow without the dialog. :)
That's a great cartoon. Just like old school Russian cartoons, but with new animation style.
And now, it's in English too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL-y ... HooD4YWknA
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:48 pm

...not available in the U.S. :/

agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:27 pm

Mamont wrote:I'm learning to brew at work. It's pretty straight-forward. You just follow the recipe. I just need to figure out all the pipes and valves, and remember all the steps. Two weeks and I'll be ready to work on my own. :]
Brew beer is not an easy profession. The brewery uses traditional ingredients or prepared concentrate?
Big-Will wrote:Watching videos of Masha and the Bear. Don't know what they're saying, but the stories are easy to follow without the dialog. :)
Learn Russian, you for it's still on the job will pay more, well, or will be able to say a few words for my friends, if be to taken prisoner :D ...
Mamont wrote:That's a great cartoon. Just like old school Russian cartoons, but with new animation style.
And now, it's in English too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL-y ... HooD4YWknA
Gradually reviving tradition. Masha and the Bear already became a kind of brand in Russia :) .
Hmm, don't knew that there are translations into other languages.

Strange, maybe this videos not intended for viewing in the US?
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:16 am

agent-FSS wrote:
Mamont wrote:I'm learning to brew at work. It's pretty straight-forward. You just follow the recipe. I just need to figure out all the pipes and valves, and remember all the steps. Two weeks and I'll be ready to work on my own. :]
Brew beer is not an easy profession. The brewery uses traditional ingredients or prepared concentrate?
We're a small brewery that makes high-quality beer. We use only malt, hops, yeast and water for our beer (with the exception of special edition beers with honey, coffee, cherry...)
We used to be a microbrewery, but I think we've become too large to be called that now.
Beer made from concentrate? I didn't know that's even a thing.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:27 am

agent-FSS wrote:The brewery uses traditional ingredients or prepared concentrate?
Breweries wouldn't use prepared concentrate. :P They could prepare concentrated beer for camping and hiking, the less to carry with you. Once you're ready to drink, just get a carbonator and add water and the concentrated beer.

Dunno if Marmont's brewery makes concentrated beer.

Mamont

Postby Mamont » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:29 am

Nope, we don't.
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:09 pm

Mamont wrote:
agent-FSS wrote:
We're a small brewery that makes high-quality beer. We use only malt, hops, yeast and water for our beer (with the exception of special edition beers with honey, coffee, cherry...)
We used to be a microbrewery, but I think we've become too large to be called that now.
Beer made from concentrate? I didn't know that's even a thing.
Usually small Breweries use the classic recipe. What is the concentrate? This means a large plant buys already mix malt, hops and yeast in a dry form, in the pursuit of profit, brew this muck a few days, then add alcohol, is there sometimes even add barbiturates for addictive, in other words for beer dependence, bottle and delivered in the stores.
I don't know as in Europe or USA, but in Russia seems all the major brewing company do it. We conducted a special experiment to test the quality of the beer as it was done in the Czech Republic back in the 14th century and none of the sample failed the test.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:16 am

This is what goes on in my head every time Mamont mentions work.
http://youtu.be/qbD0sV5KZlU
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:07 am

My cousin used to work at a brewery in Hawaii but now he makes sushi at a restaurant. I bet Mamont will get the hang of it in no time. Just don't be like Peter Griffen and try and drink all of the beer.
What seems to be the officer problem?
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:09 pm

BRMBug wrote:This is what goes on in my head every time Mamont mentions work.
I hate commercials.
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:11 pm

JamesPup wrote:My cousin used to work at a brewery in Hawaii but now he makes sushi at a restaurant. I bet Mamont will get the hang of it in no time. Just don't be like Peter Griffen and try and drink all of the beer.
Haha. For my cousin get a job at the brewery would be a holiday :) . True brewery pity quickly would went bankrupt :lol: .
Milo Vonnegut 3

Postby Milo Vonnegut 3 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:38 pm

What's up? Oh, not's so good. I've been having financial problems lately. Food's too damn expensive and the mortgage payment is the day after Thanksgiving. Luckily I have enough for the mortgage.
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:22 am

Yeah, they pretty much nailed it. That's how beer is made. :P
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:27 pm

Mamont wrote:
Yeah, they pretty much nailed it. That's how beer is made. :P
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Return to “Hot Topics”