Random Fact About Yourself

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

Lonely_Joo_1997
Posts: 7315
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:59 pm

Postby Lonely_Joo_1997 » Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:45 pm

KennyStanWendyFan wrote:
Stanley_Marsh109 wrote:Oh my God. My parents just decided to separate. I feel so abandoned... :cry:


:shock: Wow... sorry to hear that.


My parents got divorced when I was 16-17, so I went through all this crap before. If you need any help, or just someone to talk to me, ask me. :)
KennyStanWendyFan
Posts: 7905
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:14 am

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:54 pm

I'm one of the lucky few in this world whose parents have not divorced or considered divorce. Both of my parents went through divorces before they met each other and had my siblings and me, but they're still together after more than 26 years.
Image
Lonely_Joo_1997
Posts: 7315
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:59 pm

Postby Lonely_Joo_1997 » Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:56 pm

My parents were married for 32 years before they got divorced. It was waiting to happen. I have a big family, and they really only stuck together for us. Once most of the kids were grown-up and out of the house, however, they finally got divorced.
Stanley_Marsh109
Posts: 11554
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 5:21 am

Postby Stanley_Marsh109 » Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:02 pm

That's the way it happened here, except they didn't wait for my brother and I.
I'm only happy when I'm in my misery...

Image

Thanks to Mr. Hat_DX27 for the sig!
Lonely_Joo_1997
Posts: 7315
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:59 pm

Postby Lonely_Joo_1997 » Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:04 pm

Stanley_Marsh109 wrote:That's the way it happened here, except they didn't wait for my brother and I.


Same here. My parents got divorced when all of my older brothers were old and gone, but they got divorced when my younger brothers and I were in high school. I've been through all of this stuff before, so you can come to me with any questions. I'm sure there are many others on the BBS who have had to deal with it, too.
Stanley_Marsh109
Posts: 11554
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 5:21 am

Postby Stanley_Marsh109 » Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:11 pm

It's been looming for years, but I never expected it to happen so suddenly. I was more shocked and angry than sad. I felt so betrayed.
I'm only happy when I'm in my misery...

Image

Thanks to Mr. Hat_DX27 for the sig!
Lonely_Joo_1997
Posts: 7315
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:59 pm

Postby Lonely_Joo_1997 » Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:12 pm

Stanley_Marsh109 wrote:It's been looming for years, but I never expected it to happen so suddenly. I was more shocked and angry than sad. I felt so betrayed.


Exact same here, exact same here. Don't worry, you're not a freak. The exact same thing happened to me.
Stanley_Marsh109
Posts: 11554
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 5:21 am

Postby Stanley_Marsh109 » Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:19 pm

I feel like Stan in Clubhouses. :lol:
I'm only happy when I'm in my misery...

Image

Thanks to Mr. Hat_DX27 for the sig!
TinaSchuh

Postby TinaSchuh » Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:20 pm

Lonely_Joo_1997 wrote:My parents were married for 32 years before they got divorced. It was waiting to happen. I have a big family, and they really only stuck together for us. Once most of the kids were grown-up and out of the house, however, they finally got divorced.


Did they fight, yell and scream at each other all the time? That’s what my parents did, and then my mom would say it was our fault she had to stay and be miserable. Well now the only child still at home is my 24-year-old brother, what’s stopping her now?

Fighting or being angry and yelling in front of your children makes them feel anxious, jumpy and insignificant.
KennyStanWendyFan
Posts: 7905
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:14 am

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:21 pm

Stanley_Marsh109 wrote:I feel like Stan in Clubhouses. :lol:


Just hope that you don't end up with an annoying stepfather. :P
Image
Lonely_Joo_1997
Posts: 7315
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:59 pm

Postby Lonely_Joo_1997 » Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:24 pm

TinaSchuh wrote:
Lonely_Joo_1997 wrote:My parents were married for 32 years before they got divorced. It was waiting to happen. I have a big family, and they really only stuck together for us. Once most of the kids were grown-up and out of the house, however, they finally got divorced.


Did they fight, yell and scream at each other all the time? That’s what my parents did, and then my mom would say it was our fault she had to stay and be miserable. Well now the only child still at home is my 24-year-old brother, what’s stopping her now?

Fighting or being angry and yelling in front of your children makes them feel anxious, jumpy and insignificant.


They did fight a lot, but neither of my parents blamed us. It was because of us that they stuck together, but they never blamed us for anything. They used to fight so much, that we didn't even care about it anymore. "Mom and dad are fighting again." It's kind of like the SP episode "Chickenlover," when Kenny's mother starts punching Kenny's father, and their kids start laughing. We became so immune to it, that we joked about it all. I would jump in the middle of their arguments to try shutting them up, because we were so used to it by then.
Stanley_Marsh109
Posts: 11554
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 5:21 am

Postby Stanley_Marsh109 » Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:55 pm

KennyStanWendyFan wrote:
Stanley_Marsh109 wrote:I feel like Stan in Clubhouses. :lol:


Just hope that you don't end up with an annoying stepfather. :P


Well they aren't divorced... yet.
I'm only happy when I'm in my misery...

Image

Thanks to Mr. Hat_DX27 for the sig!
Lonely_Joo_1997
Posts: 7315
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:59 pm

Postby Lonely_Joo_1997 » Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:01 pm

Stanley_Marsh109 wrote:
KennyStanWendyFan wrote:
Stanley_Marsh109 wrote:I feel like Stan in Clubhouses. :lol:


Just hope that you don't end up with an annoying stepfather. :P


Well they aren't divorced... yet.


Been there, done that as well. My dad married this lady right after getting divorced, and she was like the evil stepmother from Cinderella. Heck, even he doesn't like her anymore. :roll: Thank goodness I don't talk to my dad that much anymore.
Last edited by Lonely_Joo_1997 on Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JNSPdiehard
Posts: 472
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 7:05 pm

Postby JNSPdiehard » Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:04 pm

I've never even met my dad, he's such a jackass..... :roll:
Random Quote of the Week:

This Week: Invader Zim, Ep. #17 Rise of the Zitboy

Zim: WHY WAS THERE BACON IN THE SOAP!?!?

Gir: I made it myself!
The_Towelie_Connection
Posts: 4331
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2003 3:12 am

Postby The_Towelie_Connection » Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:14 pm

MRS' mom&dad are still married after 33 years.
MR's mom&dad got divorced when he was a kid and his dad has had 3 other wives since then, while his mom has only one; her current hubby.
2 ORIGINAL SPBBS peeps from waay back in the day!

Return to “Hot Topics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests