Random Fact About Yourself

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

kathythecarmelite

Postby kathythecarmelite » Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:55 am

I was in a fast-food restaurant today and I heard someone call, "KATHY!"

Turned out to be my matron-of-honor, whom I hadn't seen in a year! I sat down with her and her kids and we all had a great chat.

Life's cool sometimes. :D
JNSPdiehard

Postby JNSPdiehard » Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:27 pm

Passion-of-the-Kyle wrote:Good-bye BBS.

WHAT!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
Random Quote of the Week:

This Week: Invader Zim, Ep. #17 Rise of the Zitboy

Zim: WHY WAS THERE BACON IN THE SOAP!?!?

Gir: I made it myself!
missycartman

Postby missycartman » Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:44 pm

kathythecarmelite wrote:I was in a fast-food restaurant today and I heard someone call, "KATHY!"

Turned out to be my matron-of-honor, whom I hadn't seen in a year! I sat down with her and her kids and we all had a great chat.

Life's cool sometimes. :D

ha thas great Kathy are you going to keep in touch with her ?
one of my best friends moved down South a few years back shes married now , im still in touch with her , shes got a new circle of friends now but we call / email each other often .
Lady_Loofah

Postby Lady_Loofah » Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:04 pm

I'm actually glad tomorrow is Monday.
kathythecarmelite

Postby kathythecarmelite » Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:48 pm

I do keep in touch with my old friend, Missy, but you know how life is--busy this, we run in different crowds, etc.

Random question: what can you tell me about Wales? For a school report, my son picked his Welsh heritage (which I know nothing about, except that my grandfather, who was born in the US, continued his Welsh-born dad's coal-mining heritage).

Do they do anything interesting over there? Maybe I'll send in that CD with Tom Jones in the red leather suit and the teacher will start groovin' and give the kid a good grade!
Getshi

Postby Getshi » Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:44 am

I relly wanted to go to NYU, till I saw the tuition costs. In case anyone was wondering, $43,880.00 a year is the price to pay. I have got to step up and start working my ass off to get a scholarship.
"Blammo!"
terrance_phillip1

Postby terrance_phillip1 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:37 am

im white with black hair that goes down to near the bottom of my head ( im a guy) and i always wear a hat. i also go by the aliases "MaTriX_bUg" and "Demented King", even though noone actually calls me those... im also atheist im good at drawing anime and sp charas and... im.... alsooooo... DELIGHTFULLY MAD! HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA... so-on, so-on, etc. .... ... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
- "Shut your f*cking face, uncle f*cker!
You're a cock sucking ass licking uncle f*cker!
You're an uncle f*cker, yes it's true,
nobody f*cks uncles quite like you!

Shut your f*cking face, uncle f*cker!
You're the one that f*cked your uncle, uncle f*cker!
You don't eat or sleep or mow the lawn,
you just f*ck your uncle all day long!

Shut your f*cking face, uncle f*cker!
You're a boner biting bastard, uncle f*cker!
You're an uncle f*cker, I must say!
Well you f*cked your uncle yesterday!

Uncle f*cker! That's U-N-C-L-E!
F*ck you! UNCLE F*CKER!"
- "terrance_phillip1 (Demented King) is ready for battle!"
- "Kyle: I think i know the answer, Mr. Garrison!
Cartman: Mimimimimimimimimi!
Kyle: Shutup, fatass!
Cartman: AY! Don't call me fat you f*ckin jew!
Mr. Garrison: Eric! Did you just say the F-Word?
Cartman: ...Jew?"
- "If you mess with Canada or T&P, you mess with ME! That's right! You get attacked by me, Demented King! P.S. nazis and racist people in general also get attacked by me. :)"
missycartman

Postby missycartman » Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:22 pm

kathythecarmelite wrote:I do keep in touch with my old friend, Missy, but you know how life is--busy this, we run in different crowds, etc.

Random question: what can you tell me about Wales? For a school report, my son picked his Welsh heritage (which I know nothing about, except that my grandfather, who was born in the US, continued his Welsh-born dad's coal-mining heritage).

Do they do anything interesting over there? Maybe I'll send in that CD with Tom Jones in the red leather suit and the teacher will start groovin' and give the kid a good grade!

my Auntie/Uncle live in Wales ( i never , ever see them though ), i ll do some research for you ...when does your sons project have to be in for , what sort of things about Wales does he need to know ?
kathythecarmelite

Postby kathythecarmelite » Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:45 pm

Thanks!

What do people do for fun (ex. fireworks on Guy Fawkes day, but something Wales-specific)? Any regional delicacies? Any noteworthy folklore? (Isn't Cornwall/ King Arthur/ Morgan le Fay based in Wales)?

Famous people from Wales (other than Tom Jones)?

Many thanks! The report is due next Monday, Nov. 15.
Craig-and-Clyde

Postby Craig-and-Clyde » Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:19 pm

Getshi wrote:I relly wanted to go to NYU, till I saw the tuition costs. In case anyone was wondering, $43,880.00 a year is the price to pay. I have got to step up and start working my ass off to get a scholarship.

yeah i will probably pay that for my entire college education, thats my random fact!
I don't think i'm very happy. I always fall asleep to the sound of my own screams. And then I always get woken up in the morning by the sound of my own screams. Do you think i'm unhappy?
kathythecarmelite

Postby kathythecarmelite » Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:06 am

Woo-hoo!

Thank you, Missy! :P

I found a Welsh Proverb that I think is universal in application:

"Llaeth i blentyn, cig i wr, cwrw i hen.
Milk for a child, meat for a man, beer for the old. "
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:51 am

That was sweet of you missy :D
kathythecarmelite

Postby kathythecarmelite » Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:51 am

That really was sweet. I never knew that Welsh women wore costumes! I love the cool top hat!

Some of their proverbs are a little cold-hearted. I'm not surprised that they never caught on. For instance,

Bai ar wrach dorri ei chlun.
Breaking her hip is the old woman's fault.

Po hynaf for'r dyn, gadwaethaf fydd ei bwyll.
The older the man, the weaker his mind.

Am gwymp hen y chwardd ieuanc.
The young laugh when the old fall.

But these, I think, definitely have some promise:

Bum gall unwaith-hynny oedd, llefain pan ym ganed.
I was wise once, when I was born I cried.

Haws twyllo maban na gwrachan.
A boy is easier cheated than an old lady.
missycartman

Postby missycartman » Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:30 pm

The Isle of Anglesey (Ynys Môn in Welsh) is situated off the north-west coast of Wales near the beautiful Snowdonia mountain range. It is separated from the mainland by the Menai Strait, which is spanned by two picturesque bridges, the Menai Bridge and the Britannia Bridge. Anglesey was known as Mam Cymru ('Mother of Wales') during the middle ages because its fertile fields formed the breadbasket for the north of Wales.

Today it has several thriving towns. The historic town of Beaumaris is the site of one of the castles built by Edward I after his defeat of the Welsh princes, as well as the historic mansion Henllys Hall, now a hotel (see their pages for more on the history of Anglesey and Wales). The town of Holyhead is the main ferry port for travel across the Irish Sea to Dublin and Llangefni, in the centre of the island, is the county town. Kovach Computing Services (the host of this site) is located in the village of Pentraeth.

:arrow: :arrow: Anglesey also has the village with the longest place name in Britain:
:arrow: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch (click here to hear it pronounced). The name, when translated into English, means "The church of St. Mary in a hollow of white hazel near a rapid whirlpool and near St. Tysilio's church by the red cave". The name was actually coined in the nineteenth century to attract tourists to the Island. It is abbreviated to Llanfairpwll or Llanfair P.G. by the locals :!:

if you want to hear how its pronounced ..ITS A CORKER !! :lol: ..I think you nedd QT to listen to it .

http://www.anglesey-history.co.uk/llanfai2.au

Kathy have you tried speaking Welsh ?, i honestly dont know how to !lol

Return to “Hot Topics”