Random Fact About Yourself

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

crazyQH

Postby crazyQH » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:46 pm

I'm happy because I got these scores back for four tests I took last year and I had one of the/if not the highest average of them combined. ^_^ Woot!

Another RFAM, I got my flu shot today and now I feel, really, REALLY crappy. And, I have to go to my guitar lesson feeling like this...eh. I just really, really want to curl up on my bed with my blanket and the laptop, I just hope my dad doesn't take it tonight like he did last night. >_>
Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:56 pm

Jay C wrote:
kylelover52610 wrote:Kinda gross.... >.>

I have OCD, so whenevr I'm in the bathroom, (it does not matter what I'm doing) I HAVE TO have the fosset on. Unless I'm in the shower of course.
Weird huh? ;_;

I remember I had to do something like that too when I was younger, but I've kinda grew out of it now. Man, some of the weird obsessions I had as a kid, whoo...

OCD can suck sometimes... I have mild OCD, and it's not that bad, but it's kind of inconvenient school-wise. You see, when I start something, I can't do anything else until I finish the task. it was really bad when I was a kid-- I seemed to believe in the power of the number 7, only it brought bad luck instead of good luck. Like I would always count my steps and if I ended on the number 7, I would tap my foot again so no one would get sick or hurt. And i could never look at the clock when the time ended with a multiple of 7 (like 6:14 or 3:28 ). I don't do that anymore.
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:12 pm

Talking OCDs are we? Don't get me started. I've had them all, from the hand washing, to repeated trips to the bathroom at night, to the fiddling with light switches just to 'make sure' they're off. However I'm usually able to catch myself when it happens, and either desensitize myself or find a substitute obsession. The worst was shortly after something particularly traumatic happened to me a few years ago, which I won't go into now, although that probably qualifies as more of a PTSD than an OCD. Sometimes, though, it takes something like that to put my other obessions into perspective.

Lately my OCD has been manifesting itself in something most of you are familiar with: my writing hobby. As I've said, I'll go over something I've written over and over again, just to make sure it doesn't have any mistakes. Often I keep going back to something I've already written, and thinking about how I could have done it better.

Desensitization to this particular obsession is fairly simple though. Once I've put something up for people to see, I tend to obsess over it less, since at that point I can start worrying about the next chapter or story.
Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:16 pm

^Oh yes... I forgot how detail-oriented I can be on a piece of artwork. XDDDD And I tend to obsess over aesthetics more than anything else. Like not too long ago, I put my work schedule on my bulletin board before going to bed, and when I looked back at it I saw it was crooked, and I tried to sleep but couldn't because that piece of paper was constantly on my mind, so I had to get out of bed and put it back in place. Then I slept well. XDDD
funkylizards

Postby funkylizards » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:59 pm

Wow, I didn't know ocd was so common. The only thing I do is after I go to the bathroom late at night I have to walk out the bathroom door, turn around, and reach in again to flush the toilet. I have no idea why. But my whole family is screwy so I guess I am lucky. My brother has aspergers syndrome (mild autism) and my other brother has anger management problems. He once threw an ironing board and iron at me because he thought I broke his lamp (which I didn't).
But we are all crazy good at math. Weird...
There once was a man named Chef,
Who fell abruptly to his death,

They weren't sure whether he was dead,
Even though a bear bit off his head,

But ah they knew, yes they were sure,
when crap started falling to the floor.
Taranis_Music

Postby Taranis_Music » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:12 pm

It seems the majority of people have something they're OCD about.
CruciFACTION

Postby CruciFACTION » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:12 pm

Hey, I had aspergers syndrome, but then I got better through some therapy exersize thingy. Its still there in small ways, like the fact that I suck at typing :(
Taranis_Music

Postby Taranis_Music » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:15 pm

CruciFACTION wrote:Hey, I had aspergers syndrome, but then I got better through some therapy exersize thingy. Its still there in small ways, like the fact that I suck at typing :(

You seem a lot better at it than a lot of people on this site.
CruciFACTION

50 BUCKS!?

Postby CruciFACTION » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:42 pm

Kick ass, my Grandfather just sent my 50 bucks! On the subject of him, he works for Raytheon, and co-invented the patriot missle.
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:48 am

crazyQH wrote:I just really, really want to curl up on my bed with my blanket and the laptop, I just hope my dad doesn't take it tonight like he did last night. >_>

Ohh, THAT'S why you weren't on? I take it it was from staying up until like... 1:20 AM your time on a Monday morning? D: Geez that blows.

Um, random facts, I'm breezing through The Odyssey at this point, found out I'm not gonna have to work as much this weekend as I thought I was gonna, and I'm feeling a lot better after a really crappy day.

(I still really wanna talk to Dee though, about that fic thing we're gonna be doing together. D:)
kaileykorn

Postby kaileykorn » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:49 am

I'm throwing a Holiday party this Saturday. I'm excited.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:31 pm

I've eaten an entire box of Wheat Thins in the past 24 hours. I ate 3/4 of it yesterday while watching NCIS and House, and I just polished it off five minutes ago. My toilet is going to love me.
Cartman_91

Postby Cartman_91 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:55 pm

I love Wheat thins, the original kind but the garlic flavor sucks.
Taranis_Music

Postby Taranis_Music » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:40 pm

iceiwynd wrote:Um, random facts, I'm breezing through The Odyssey

I just finished reading that.
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:45 pm

kaileykorn wrote:I'm throwing a Holiday party this Saturday. I'm excited.

Can I come?
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!

Return to “Hot Topics”