Q&A: What Episode Is This From?

Posts made here do not increment your post count.

Moderator: Big-Will

Cedric Digsby

Cartman: Closet Chav

Postby Cedric Digsby » Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:30 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:I have no idea what a f*cking 'chav' is, but I can guarantee you that episode predated the invention of that stupid word.

Not so. A few months ago, during a regular pre-dawn whoring session at the local mosque, a couple of Brits - firmly tuned out to my incessant South Park chatter - began arguing about the derivation of the term 'chav' - a word I was unfamiliar with. If only I'd known at the time that Cartman once appeared as a chav I could've bored them some more.

Etymolygists say chav could date from biblical times or from at least from 19th Century Romany language, either way, before Cartman became a chav.

Here's wikipedia's definition of:
Chav is a slang term which has been in wide use throughout the United Kingdom since 2004. It refers to a subcultural stereotype of a person with fashions such as flashy "bling" jewellery and counterfeit designer clothes or sportswear, an uneducated, uncultured, impoverished background, a tendency to congregate around places such as fast-food outlets, bus stops, or other shopping areas, and a culture of antisocial behaviour.
Response to the term has ranged from amusement to criticism that it is a new manifestation of classism.
Butters_06

Postby Butters_06 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:42 pm

Chav is mostly used in England (and wales i do believe) but in SCotland they are know as "Neds"
darkhero3000

last episode

Postby darkhero3000 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:40 pm

can anybody tell me what happened on the last episode i missed it because i had to do something in protent. :cry:
IneedBoutTREEFIDDY

Postby IneedBoutTREEFIDDY » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:45 am

You didn't miss much, I suggest you don't even worry about it.
Setting the standard since 1852
Cedric Digsby

Postby Cedric Digsby » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:11 am

Sure (although you really should be asking this under Spoilers). The episode starts with Terrance and Phillip in a Brakeback Mountain parody with Family Guy's dog and Lisa Simpson, but then it gets all biblically incorrect and preachy cos they show Jesus riding on a lawnmower. Then Towelie appears on Oprah to promote his new book about how he disguised himself as a Scientologist so he could get away with drug dealing, psychotherapy, bad acting and child molestation. Basically, this was all a clever allusion to Tom Cruise jumping on Katie's bones on the couch and doing her up the butt. But Jerry Springer then reports from Iraq that Towelie's book is a fake because it was really written by a highly evolved form of pillow case. So the audience, led by Cartman and Stan, gets real angry and tries to kill Oprah. Unfortunately, Towelie is too stoned to save Oprah, so she gets killed and dies and the audience eat her and get sick. Kenny dies when he chokes on Oprah's massively neglected cooch. Then there's a kind of Tom and Jerry cartoon involving two new characters called Gary and Midgie, which both speak in heavy Brooklyn accents. One of them dies and Cartman shoots the other one to get revenge for Kenny or somethin like that. And Towelie gets high again and goes to a pet store and buys a cat. And it ends. Most fans have said 1005 is the best so far. I'm inclined to agree.
Mr. Blonde

Postby Mr. Blonde » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:44 pm

its my question from the missing episode post, im sorry i should have cheked here first, but whats the episode where jimbo tries to blow up a mascot by getting the guy who sings "Loving you, is easy cos youre beautiful" but it doesnt work cos its his brother. The twist being he cant hit the high note which sets off the bomb.

and of all cartmans jew comments, its one where kyle says something and cartman says very calmyly "Your a.....stupid..jew"

its the way he says it if you get me i cant find it fopr the life of me...though it might be in the movie.
cookie racism aside, i had bigger problems
Butters_06

Postby Butters_06 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:56 pm

the first one with jimbo i think its in season 2 i cant remeber for sure though i know it was quite early on. And the cartman quote is from the movie when they are in the class room near the start.

Ive got one what episode was it that kyle's cousin came to town i cant remember for the life of me?.
ImageImage

Just returned from the death camp of Tolerance
Thanks Mr. Hat_DX27 for the Sig.
Cedric Digsby

Postby Cedric Digsby » Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:41 pm

1.04 - Big Gay Al's Big Gay Boat Ride. Ludicrous good stuff. Jimbo bets big on the Cows to win a football game, so to make sure, he puts a bomb on the rival team's mascot and wires it to explode when Richard Stamos (older brother of John Stamos) hits high F while singing 'Lovin You' at the half-time show. Stamos can't reach high F, so the Cows get whipped but beat the spread. Then Stamos eventually does hit the high note at the end.

Many instances of "you're a stupid jew".

Kyle's cousin Kyle first visited in 5.11 - The Entity and was back at the end of Season 6 for a bit part in Red Sleigh Down.
Mr. Blonde

Postby Mr. Blonde » Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:41 pm

the episode with kyles cousin is The Entity in season 5.
cookie racism aside, i had bigger problems
Dr.Doctor

Postby Dr.Doctor » Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:42 pm

What episode does the "they mostly come out at night...mostly" line come from?
I don't know, but at least from now on, every time we look at the moon, we can know that Willzy-x is up there, dancing with the other zypods in his castle.
IneedBoutTREEFIDDY

Postby IneedBoutTREEFIDDY » Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:07 pm

307-Cat Orgy
Setting the standard since 1852
blossomgirl

Jesus, Jesus

Postby blossomgirl » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:14 am

Please help.

What episode did Cartman say "Jesus, Jesus!"

I can't remember, and my sis & I are always saying it ala Cartman. Unless we made it up...Or Cartman says something similar? Or was it the movie????

Thx,
Blossom
GothKidsDance

Postby GothKidsDance » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:05 pm

and of all cartmans jew comments, its one where kyle says something and cartman says very calmyly "Your a.....stupid..jew"

This could be from ep 612 - A ladder to Heaven (where Kyle, Stan, and Cartman are standing on ladder in clouds)
cartman8213

Postby cartman8213 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:26 pm

What episode is it where Cartman says in a Southern accent,"You shouldn'ta done that. He's just a boy.
Officially blending in with all the Cartman fans.
Thanks b489 and KTS for sig
littleredhairedgirl86

Postby littleredhairedgirl86 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:46 pm

508: Towelie!!!
Wow... that's pretty hardcore.

Return to “Games”