The "Hypothetical" Thread

Posts made here do not increment your post count.

Moderator: Big-Will

BRMBug

The "Hypothetical" Thread

Postby BRMBug » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:37 pm

Here's a simple and fun game;
One person will pose a hypothetical question (ie: "Would you rather be born with a baby-arm, or Lobster-claw hands?"), and the next person must answer said question, and pose a new hypothetical.

So, Would you rather be born without arms (in such a way that prosthesis is impossible), or be born a dwarf?
Sizzling Lynn

Postby Sizzling Lynn » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:36 pm

Dwarfism isn't as bad as having no upper limbs.

Would you rather shoot your parents or your best friend(s)?
swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:42 pm

My frieinds, I guess.

Would you rather kill a cute little kitten or a cute little puppy?
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:10 pm

I'd prefer neither, but....i guess...the kitten because those things can get scratchy, plus my allergies...i actually forget if I'm more allergic to dogs or now...but...whatever...

Would you rather be able to fly or breathe underwater?
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
MaxwellsSilverHammer

Postby MaxwellsSilverHammer » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:48 am

FLY, dammit. :P

would you rather be bitten by a vampire or attacked by a zombie?
Ich bin über alles.
SoundClick [35 pieces // last update: 07.03.09]
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:53 pm

Bitten by a Vampire. At least I could still have a somewhat normal life. Hell, I already spend 90% of daylight hours indoors.

Ok... enh, what the hell. Lobster claw or Baby-arm?
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:19 pm

I'd say the lobster claw, because it would at least be somewhat useful, not to mention stronger than a normal arm. Also, I'd go for the vampire choice too. Knowing my luck I'd end up as a Daywalker (and thus be hated by all other vampires). :D

OK I've got one.

Would you rather go to Heaven if it meant spending the rest of eternity with Mormons, or go to Hell?
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:47 pm

Hell. At least there'd be some people I know there.

Kyle the Skeptic wrote:I'd say the lobster claw, because it would at least be somewhat useful, not to mention stronger than a normal arm.

Well, I don't mean an acutal lobster claw, I mean that deformity where your fingers are fused together in the shape of a lobster claw.
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:49 pm

Oh. Well that can still be surgically corrected.

It's still your turn, since you didn't post a new one.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:51 pm

Oh... Uh... Would you... have sex with your mom to get the cure for cancer?
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:41 am

BRMBug wrote:Oh... Uh... Would you... have sex with your mom to get the cure for cancer?

f*ck the millions who will die of cancer, HELL no.

Would you rather be stuck in a cartoon and have your life scripted or have complete freedom but nothing exciting going on?
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:18 am

Well, since existence is deterministic anyway, and having the limitation of nothing interesting pretty much nullifies having complete freedom, I'd go with living in the cartoon.

Would you rather have total invulnerability yet a short finite lifespan, or have immortality yet die practically all the time? (Like Kenny.)
swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:35 pm

Well, I guees I wouldn't mind dieing all the time as long as I always came back to life. So the second one.

Would you rather live rich and die young or live poor and die old?
MaxwellsSilverHammer

Postby MaxwellsSilverHammer » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:32 am

Hm.. not that I'd desperately desire either one, but I guess I'd go with.. hm.. living poor, dying old? Though I don't really want to be old when I die, it would at least give me more time to spend with the people I care about. ^^ And I'd get the time to make more creative things. I'm going to be a starving artist anyway, so why not? XD

Let's see. For the rest of your life, you've got two choices. You can either smell unbelievably, orgasmically good ALL the time no matter what, but be 100+ pounds overweight with no chance of losing any of it. Or you can have the face and body of a supermodel, but have incurable B.O. that NO amount of showering will get rid of. What do you choose?

(And no, you can't eliminate or cure either of the negative things in any way. :P If you could, there'd be no point in me asking.)
Ich bin über alles.
SoundClick [35 pieces // last update: 07.03.09]
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:56 am

Give me good smelling and fat. I'm already half way there.

Ok, so would you walk into the living room where your whole family is (watching TV or a movie or something), pull out a pistol, and blow away the beloved family dog with everyone looking on, without uttering one word of explanation... if it saves your child from having cancer. And it's not necessarily terminal cancer, they could have it for years, and just be sick.
So, kid sick with cancer, or healthy kid, but kid sidled with the fact that Daddy (or Mommy) splattered Scruffy's brains all over the DuPont shag one Sunday afternoon for apparently no reason?

Return to “Games”