Last persons to reply to this thread wins

Posts made here do not increment your post count.

Moderator: Big-Will

Thunderhorse

Re: Last Reply Thread - "People who go on 4chan need to get

Postby Thunderhorse » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:13 am

...Did I miss something?
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:04 pm

...I don't really know. :(
2+2=5

Postby 2+2=5 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:46 pm

The original purpose for "manners" was to show your superiority, it was for 100 years. It was a means of denigrating the poor, and imitating those economically 'superior' to you - in the time of monarchy, then the time of free market excess. There's no logical reason for these customs they're just historic hangers on, traditions that I reject. Looks from your 'poor alcoholic drunk' comment that you want to differentiate yourself from the poor, who are all alcoholics? Seems manners are in your bag as forks aren't in mine. I'm joking here, your just following traditions and trying to get your point across but seriously it has that impression, forks aren't consciously used for anything anymore its just because people all use forks so we copycat like the (social) insect impersonators we are. I make do with the practical spoon / knife combo thanks much.

time to defreiend all my old highschool on fagbook methinks? I wonder how it'd work W/O webcam?
SuperMaids/superiorsavior/PIPaul strikes again...because he forgot his Passover. Again.
Blue Twilight

Postby Blue Twilight » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:42 pm

Personally the "manners" you speak of encompass more than differentiation between classes. There's a definite line between certain aspects of etiquette that you are referring to in your post (such as "when eating a seven-course meal, start with the fork farthest to your left and work your way in") and altruistic acts of human decency like giving up your seat on the bus to an elderly person. That kind of etiquette should not be abandoned as it is beneficial to the human race regardless of who practices it. Altruism is common throughout the animal kingdom, so you can't say acts of human decency separate us from other animals or to show our superiority as a species :P

I like being a sheeple who uses a fork, thank you very much, as their purpose has changed over the centuries. ;) By your logic, you should not use knives at the table either because they are a reminder of killing, nor should you eat open-faced sandwiches because they are a reminder of how the aristocratic members of the household ate the filling and the bread was thrown to the dogs or servants. :P
Illegitimi non carborundum.
AxayPaulene

Postby AxayPaulene » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:05 pm

Hey guys.
R.I.P Pip: 1989 - 2010
Πιστεύω σε σας

Pull your fucking pants up!
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:30 pm

What up Axay? 8)
2+2=5

Postby 2+2=5 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:43 pm

The purpose of the fork really hasn't changed - there doesn't seem to be a practical use for them. I'll use a fork if i have to hold something to cut it but asside from that there's no point.
I never thought of altruism as 'manners' before but i suppose you could call it that :I
SuperMaids/superiorsavior/PIPaul strikes again...because he forgot his Passover. Again.
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:54 pm

I like spoons more than forks. I don't understand why people eat some stuff with forks when spoons are so much more useful.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:55 pm

AxayPaulene wrote:Hey guys.

Hey sweets. :)

2+2=5 wrote:The purpose of the fork really hasn't changed - there doesn't seem to be a practical use for them. I'll use a fork if i have to hold something to cut it but asside from that there's no point.
I never thought of altruism as 'manners' before but i suppose you could call it that :I

What about salad? What about pasta?
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:01 pm

BRMBug wrote:
AxayPaulene wrote:Hey guys.

Hey sweets. :)

2+2=5 wrote:The purpose of the fork really hasn't changed - there doesn't seem to be a practical use for them. I'll use a fork if i have to hold something to cut it but asside from that there's no point.

What about salad? What about pasta?

You can eat some pasta with a spoon. I will continue to push my spoon agenda until one is elected president.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
iloveyouguys

Postby iloveyouguys » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:37 pm

Personally, I prefer forks to spoons. Using spoons makes me feel inferior. They don't stab things.
This is my signature. I made it small so anyone who tries to read it has to copy and paste the text somewhere else only to find that it isn't interesting at all. Congratulations. Also, fuckshitcockassbitchtitspenisfagskankwhorecuntpoop.
2+2=5

Postby 2+2=5 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:10 am

i spoon pasta too :D
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:11 am

Fork you all.
Kensuke

Postby Kensuke » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:18 am

You know, they invented sporks to prevent this type of argument.
"If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss" ~ Eminem

AxayPaulene wrote:
Niels0827 wrote:But he (RideTheLightning)wanted Kensuke's hot man chowder.
Don't we all?
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:21 am

Kensuke wrote:You know, they invented sporks to prevent this type of argument.

I use sporks a lot too :)

Return to “Games”