Last persons to reply to this thread wins

Posts made here do not increment your post count.

Moderator: Big-Will

Niels0827

Re: Last Reply Thread - "People who go on 4chan need to get

Postby Niels0827 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:12 pm

BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:46 pm

Win. :lol:
Peg

Postby Peg » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:57 pm

Oh hi. So, how are you holding up? Because I'm a potato.
*slow clap*
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:20 am

Niels0827 wrote:Image

Aw, man, those are ALL Win!!
Blue Twilight

Postby Blue Twilight » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:37 pm

Gorgeous desktop, gta. :D

Speaking of license plates, have a list of some banned letter combinations on American license plates. I was surprised that combinations like BEG, MOO, OVA, and ZIT were banned... http://www.denverpost.com/dontmiss/ci_12097797
Illegitimi non carborundum.
2+2=5

Postby 2+2=5 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:20 pm

My grandad's licence plate is worth more than his car i hear and he doesn't drive a beat up pickup or anything. Combine the first 2 number plates on that image for a BAD time.

I didn't know how much sp sole from treck until i actually watched OS recently :p SP did it better even if later :P
SuperMaids/superiorsavior/PIPaul strikes again...because he forgot his Passover. Again.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:29 am

I heard it's pricey to register cars older than 20 years over nah. Idk if it's true or not though. I've never looked into it. It costs me about $109 to renew mine every year, but that's because I have personalized plates. Regular registration would be about half that.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:57 am

BRMBug wrote:I heard it's pricey to register cars older than 20 years over nah. Idk if it's true or not though. I've never looked into it. It costs me about $109 to renew mine every year, but that's because I have personalized plates. Regular registration would be about half that.

In California, personalized plates are just $25.00 more; if you don't have a car and want to wait to buy a new one and still hold on to your plates from the old car, it's still $25 even if you don't have a car (no I'm not going to rewrite this sentence :P )

And older cars used to be cheap to register here. Now all rates are going up again, regardless of age of the car :o

One saving grace: Even though every car MUST go through the California Smog Check program once every two years, or if you sell the car (the seller must have the car "smogged."), if the car is 1970 or older, the car is exempt from the smog check program forever :mrgreen:

2+2=5 wrote:I didn't know how much sp sole from treck until i actually watched OS recently :p SP did it better even if later

Yeah, Matt and Trey are real big Star Trek fans; there are many references to the OS; my favorite is when the class was promoted to the 4th grade, and Timmay went back through time (and could not speak about his experiences because he is in fact Timmay :P ). A real parady of the OS :)

Another favorite is the planetarium episode; even the names used in that ep, "Adams" and Van Der Geller" were the same names used in the OS. Perhaps someday I'll make a list of the references; not having the time, I'm sure they're under "secrets" in Will's spcriptorium site :wink:
Blue Twilight

Postby Blue Twilight » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:53 am

Hey Z, who all uses the chat? Or rather, who are some of the most frequent users there, since you advertise it quite a bit? XD I might soon be brave enough to talk with other regulars in real time :P
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:39 am

Well, Blue Twilight, I'll start with telling you about my username. I used to be zzyzx, but I changed something in my profile and never got the email link to click on; so I made this new account, zzyzx 1.

As a child, I was fascinated by a road sign in the Mojave Desert in California on the way to Las Vegas. Today, I still like the name of the road and the town. Here is a pic of that road sign: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... x_road.jpg

And that's how I got my username :)

As to the CHAT, nall somehow forgot to list it on any menu on SPS. It used to be there. So dvda92 and I decided to put the link to the CHAT in our sigs.

Sometimes the CHAT is active, other times it is just plain dead. There are a lot of idlers in CHAT. An idler is someone who logs in, and then just leaves their computer running 24/7, so most of the time they are afk (away from their keyboard) yet still logged in.

So when you click on my CHAT link, you may find you've arrived in CHAT at a time when only idlers are there. Sorry about that.

People from all over the world are in the CHAT. dvda92 is in there a lot (username dvda), and I am in there a lot (username ZZ). Sometimes nall is in there, sometimes Big-Will is in there. Some Anchovies visits there also. AI was in there a little bit over the summer, but she hasn't been there since June 23.

During the run of the show (during the new episodes), CHAT is more active with people. Also active are users who go to CHAT and don't even visit the SPS BBS :o

Posters like that have usernames of earthling42, mbuna (who is one of the IRC (Internet Relay Chat) main operators (sort of like nall is an admin here), nall (another IRC op), stanmarsh14 from England (another IRC op), towelie (another IRC op), someone who goes by des`, a BBS poster who goes by Stevesut1, and others; plus a bot named: Jesus :)

So if you visit the CHAT, Blue Twilight, (and I hope that you do; I think you will enjoy it :) )you may find it active, or you may find only a few people in there, or you might just find idlers there. When you go to CHAT, just type "Hi" or something and see if anyone responds.

Finally, when you click on my sig, you are prompted for a small Java app to be installed on your computer. Click on "allow" or you can't get into the chat. The Java app will disappear once you leave the CHAT :)

Once in chat, you are given a default username. Just type: /nick whatever you want, where "whatever you want" is the username you prefer; then the default name will disappear, replaced my your new username.

Oh: Once Matt Stone was in CHAT answering questions :D But that was more of an event, and it was announced in advance that he would be there. I have put in a request with nall to ask Matt to please come visit the CHAT again :D
Blue Twilight

Postby Blue Twilight » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:51 am

Wow, thanks for all the info! Especially your username. Mine doesn't have any significance really-- I randomly wanted "Blue Midnight" but was sure I had already seen it somewhere, so I changed "midnight" to a slightly earlier time of day. This was loooong before I had even heard of the Meyer books, mind you. :P

I'll be sure to drop by sometime, and thanks for the instructions! I've been in the chatroom once before, but that was a looong time ago.

Wow, Matt Stone huh! Did you get to chat with him?
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:59 am

Blue Twilight wrote:Wow, thanks for all the info! Especially your username. Mine doesn't have any significance really-- I randomly wanted "Blue Midnight" but was sure I had already seen it somewhere, so I changed "midnight" to a slightly earlier time of day. This was loooong before I had even heard of the Meyer books, mind you. :P

I'll be sure to drop by sometime, and thanks for the instructions! I've been in the chatroom once before, but that was a looong time ago.

Wow, Matt Stone huh! Did you get to chat with him?

You're very welcome, Blue Twilight :D

But no, I wasn't available that day (when Matt Stone was in CHAT) :( If I learn that anyone from the show will in fact be in CHAT at a certain day or time, I certainly will post it here in the "Last Reply" thread :D

Oh, someone else who is in CHAT occasionally: another mod from this SPS BBS: coffeeguy9 :) He doesn't post here in the BBS much anymore, but I have seen him in CHAT several times.
Blue Twilight

Postby Blue Twilight » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:10 am

Sweeeeeet :D I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for another Matt Stone chat! I was mainly curious to see who the other chat users were and if I knew them (or of them XD) at all.

And you can call me BT if you like; easier than typing the full name out. :P
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:14 am

Blue Twilight wrote:Sweeeeeet :D I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for another Matt Stone chat! I was mainly curious to see who the other chat users were and if I knew them (or of them XD) at all.

And you can call me BT if you like; easier than typing the full name out. :P

Cool :) Thanks, BT! I'm Z or ZZ; whichever one you like to use. Some even use Zz. Z is fine! See you sometime in CHAT - and that goes for EVERYONE on this BBS too - please visit the chat :D
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:12 am

I have a better idea...why do we all go over to AIM or Windows Live?? :chaos:
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.

Return to “Games”